BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Ossydave said:

I imagine  most messageboards up and down the country resemble the moaning/frustration on here tbf. I can't be arsed looking but will Burnley be happy signing just Pieters and Rodriguez? I very much doubt it. Preston with losing arguably their best player and only signing Bauer.

There are clubs, a lot of them who have done a lot less business than us, at least we haven't lost anyone of note either.

IF Mowbray doesn't sign a CB and a keeper by the start of the season he loses pretty much all credibility for me, but hopefully it won't come to that. I point blank refuse to believe he will do a complete U turn on his comments about defenders coming in. If he didn't bring both in hes either A) lost the plot B) been told he can't because someone is still meddling in transfers and thinks defenders are irrelevant.

I can tell you my future father-in-law (dingle) is furious about 'signing a busted flush like Pieters when a player with enormous potential like Bidwell was available'.

He's happy with Rodriguez, 'but for over £10m? FFS.'

In other words, yeah, all fans do this.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Reading the article on SG in the Telegraph this morning sums them up.

’According to rumours in the national press’. They seemingly have literally no contacts within the club these days. Poor stuff from the local paper.

...and to think there was praise for the LT on here recently. It's garbage.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If I don't come on for a while and then try to catch up in this thread, it's basically moan after moan from the same posters who post the same moans over and over again. There is no debating that. 

They are entitled to their opinions and I am entitles to mine. 

You are basically just after doing what you are critisicing me for doing...you do realise that 

Moaning with good reason. Not like your 'head in the sand' policy

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Moaning with good reason. Not like your 'head in the sand' policy

Moaning because you want better: negative.

Accepting mediocrity and regression: positive.

??‍♂️

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dr X said:

It's a good assumption ??

Add in Samuel and Nuttal and its moves to 6-1 ☹️ 

Not saying that this is the case, but our preference to sign strikers /midfielders, when our DF is absolute bobbins, just makes me think it is possible 'others' impact our transfer policy. 

A scouting system does not take this long to reap rewards 

There'll just be a lot of in game and game to game rotating, shifting about and subbing I think.

27 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

We really just need a goal keeper. Then I think we would be set to challenge.

That means that Raya was solely to blame for the Goals Against Column.

He wasn't. we emphatically do not "just" need a gk.

• Like 3

I’ve just spent the last 30 minutes listening to the IFollow interviews of Johnson, Downing and White.

If these guys play as well as they talk then we’re in for some happy times ahead.

If you want to de stress from all the transfer speculation then give them a listen. Very interesting insights into how Tony Mowbray manages, his football philosophy, his standing in the game and his target for the season.

I know sometimes interviews are misleading and footballers aren’t renowned for their public speaking but these three are a credit to themselves and can be real assets this season.

• Like 6

Mowbray realised Steele was a big part of the problem after relegation and got rid then gave Raya his chance. After 2 seasons he realised that Raya was part of the defensive weaknesses and got rid ( ok probably not that straight fwd but still...).

Fingers crossed in faith that he's making the football decisions and not the bean counters, now if only he'd apply similar logic to the defence instead of going around Brussels to try and cover it up without changing it.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I'm a bit shocked that K-Hod hasn't stepped in to sort out this little circle jerk of mutual misery. (well, when I say shocked...……….)

Thanks for your concern for my well being, I’m fine by the way.

I’m actually at a music festival this weekend, so I won’t be able to get online too often. 

Though if people could just be trusted not to be dicks to each other, I could have the weekend off. 

It is what it is though....

• Like 8