BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I've always rated Adrian, so I'd be chuffed if we signed him. Good shot stopper and he's quite an imposing player. Shouldn't have any issues claiming crosses.

He was dropped for Hart when West Ham signed him, but he soon won his place back when they realised he was better. He's the one I'd be after out of the three.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 4

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Didn't he take Harts place by the end of the season at West ham? I would actually like to have Hart, but must admit I know very little about Adrian

Good age for a keeper, experienced at top level, taller than Raya...………..and free. Sounds like he's worth a punt (leaving extra to spend on a bully of a Centre Half)

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Anything else is just ignoring the problem.

Pre-season is well under way. We have had no first team keeper for a week. We have a makeshift defence that isn’t up to scratch and need any new players to be working together so it can hit the ground running.

Time is not on our side either.

Championship transfer deadline: 5:00pm Thursday 8th August.

And all this ignores the fact that our manager talked about “getting our business done early”.

I don't disagree time is against us but we're not a club in a position to do our business early. Every manager will say that they ideally want to sort their squad out ASAP but it's simply not the reality. 

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I've always rated Adrian, so I'd be chuffed if we signed him. Good shot stopper and he's quite an imposing player. Shouldn't have any issues claiming crosses.

He was dropped for Hart when West Ham signed him, but he soon won his place back when they realised he was better. He's the one I'd be after out of the three.

Hes the cheapest option, but will probably have offers in England and Spain, so would take some convincing. Hart most expensive then Carson.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Hes the cheapest option, but will probably have offers in England and Spain, so would take some convincing. Hart most expensive then Carson.

Cheapest but best option in my opinion considering his age. Hart is a major busted flush and Carson is getting on a bit now.

He has been in the UK for close to ten years now - so might be settled here. I would imagine there might be English competition for his signature though.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, JacknOry said:

Cheapest but best option in my opinion considering his age. Hart is a major busted flush and Carson is getting on a bit now.

He has been in the UK for close to ten years now - so might be settled here. I would imagine there might be English competition for his signature though.

Which is why it's taking a while - why commit to spending big wages and a loan fee for Hart, or a fee plus wages for Carson if there are opportunities on free transfers. I dont expect we will get Adrian, but it's worth exploring.

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

But is that actually a true way to view things? You as a keeper will still need to face shots and ultimately be good at stopping them. 

If you cut down the amount of shots the opposition has the less goals you will concede. A commanding keeper will help with this. A shot stopper may not.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

In truth though, we need to model our championship side on theirs. They did the basics really well.  Tight defence, hard graft and getting the ball into the box.

We faff around way too much, invite people on to us and are lethargic when defending our own area.  

Now I'm going to take a cheese grater to my finger tips for typing that.

They had a way of playing at home and a slightly modified way from home. Same players, just a different formation. The same team picked itself every week.  Everybody knew what the other player was going to do in any given situation. Work hard and play in your opponents half as much as you can. It's not complicated !

• Like 2

Adrian is an interesting name. I think that would be a great signing. If we signed him or Ruddy I think that would be a big boost.

Prefer Hart over Carson.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Adrian for me .

For those with the theory that playing in the Championship would be ideal for joe Hart to get his confidence back ..I think the complete opposite! He ll have twice as much to do in the Championship than he would in the PL and the more he ll have to do the more simple errors which he's prone too will happen more and more often. imagine Hart picking the ball out of the net 60 odd times like last season ..he d feel his career would be over !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can this be pinned to the top of every page of the thread? 

The default reaction to moan about Mowbray and the club is so deeply entrenched in some that no matter what happens from here to the end of the window, people are going to complain. 

The player will either be too young, too old, have played for Burnley, be a loan, even though other clubs were laudid for their loans last season or we only signed them because no one else was interested. 

Although I'm sure I'll be told now that this isn't true, probably by a mod, even though it is true. 

There's only one real rule - Are they good enough ? Although with old players they can be good enough today and not good enough tomorrow.

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

Since the defence was pants last season I've employed some lateral thinking and binned them, plus rush goalie as I said ?

0-9-1 then. ;) 

• Like 1