BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

5 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Interesting to think that teams who have had recent success in this league (Villa/Sheff Utd) have done so with goalkeepers on loan.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Nyland & Steer were the two goalkeepers that shared the gloves between Bruce & Smith non of which were on loan

Just now, FGS5635 said:

75 eng caps, over 100 premier league clean sheets, 4golden glove awards, premier league winner...............but yeah he cant save anything to his left

I applaud you Sir ?

Forster for me , he's at a good age I.e younger than Carson ,he is a huge unit and I think he's more likely to regain his form than Hart .. That said he won't come cheap as still under contract for another year and probably on huge wages even if we paid 40-50% he would still be by far our biggest earner 

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Joe Hart can't save shots to his left which is a bit of a weakness. Fraser Forster is expensive and poor. Never rated Carson. So by process of elimination it's gotta be Adrian for me. 

That's all in the past tbf he's nowhere near the keeper he was. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Football is a funny game. If pep doesnt come to city then Hart would probably still be city and england #1

He'd also be well on pace to be englands most capped player as many thought he would be whilst firmly #1

And now here we are with some fans not happy we may or may not sign him.

Pep's desire for a different type of keeper really knocked his ego and confidence and he has lost his way.

The reward if you can rebuild that confidence is really high. We could have a really world class keeper on our hands

West Ham couldt do it, Burnley couldnt do it. Why should we be paying astronomical wages to find out if we can do it? Rather pay less for a safer bet. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

There isnt much wrong with harts passing or kicking, it just wasnt the level pep wanted for the tactics he wanted.

Lets be honest citys keeper is better than most midfeild players with the ball at his feet

I also remember a certain international tournament where it seemed that practically any shot on target to our goal - went in. 

Let someone else try and pick up the pieces, in my opinion he is done.

• Like 2

Sorry to be positive but Hart is more than good enough to be our number 1.

He obviously not a champions league standard goalkeeper or England no.1 any more but he’s still a good keeper albeit a slightly error prone one at the top level.

Find it quite interesting last season how he was dropped at Burnley, I spoke to someone at work who watches Burnley and commented that they looked doomed for relegation despite Hart pulling off some great saves on MOTD. He then made what turned out to be a terrific point about Heatons better communication with his defence that was better suited to Burnley’s low block. Which Hart never mastered, but he was still making good saves he just never suited Burnley’s style like he never would’ve worked as peps city keeper.

the only negative Is that I’ve heard he is a bit off an arrogant bellend 

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

West Ham couldt do it, Burnley couldnt do it. Why should we be paying astronomical wages to find out if we can do it? Rather pay less for a safer bet. 

Because we like being kind to some no one else wants.

I think a club in our position if you are going to shell out big wages ten it has to be on ready made quality not a gamble to see if it might work. For that reason i'd look elsewhere than Hart I think.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

Because we like being kind to some no one else wants.

Rodwell, at least we didnt pay over the odds. Was a gamble worth taking and we can now all see he is another Bentley - no passion for the game anymore despite what he says. 

Hart will cost a bomb whether thats wages, some kind of upfront signing on fee to lower his wages or whatnot. Sure, there is no doubt he is a better keeper than Raya by some way (on his day) but out of those mentioned, Hart would be bottom of my list. The fact that our six-fingered chums would laugh their tits off is just further salt in the wound.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth I think Hart is a busted flush. But without decent centre halves we could have a vintage Peter schmeichel in between the sticks and we’d struggle.

With some of the signings I’m more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago but until this area has been addressed I’ll be very concerned about next season. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Football is a funny game. If pep doesnt come to city then Hart would probably still be city and england #1

He'd also be well on pace to be englands most capped player as many thought he would be whilst firmly #1

And now here we are with some fans not happy we may or may not sign him.

Pep's desire for a different type of keeper really knocked his ego and confidence and he has lost his way.

The reward if you can rebuild that confidence is really high. We could have a really world class keeper on our hands

I've just said the same to someone today. The upside is massive. If he continues as is, he's probably no worse than what we had with Raya. Let's not forget, in between the mistakes this is a guy who's been playing at the top level basically his whole career. He's a good goalkeeper that has lost confidence.

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

For what it’s worth I think Hart is a busted flush. But without decent centre halves we could have a vintage Peter schmeichel in between the sticks and we’d struggle.

With some of the signings I’m more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago but until this area has been addressed I’ll be very concerned about next season. 

Spot on. In fact i said the very sae thing a couple weeks back (even used the very same keeper as an example lol).

Keeper is one thing but CB is equally as important (ideally 2)

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I've just said the same to someone today. The upside is massive. If he continues as is, he's probably no worse than what we had with Raya. Let's not forget, in between the mistakes this is a guy who's been playing at the top level basically his whole career. He's a good goalkeeper that has lost confidence.

But is it worth what he will cost to find out? He is not exactly going to do a Rodwell and sign on minimal terms for a season.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

.......... the only negative Is that I’ve heard he is a bit off an arrogant bellend 

If this is true it no doubt is a big reason for Hart's drop from the top. Definitely more vocal and commanding though so I wouldn't be upset to see him signed.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Gally, Adrian, a Jonas Ramalho released by Girona at centre back or right back and lazar markovich releases from Liverpool and I’d see up promoted ?

Ramalho would be an excellent defensive signing, up there with my suggestion of Schwaab!

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

If this is true it no doubt is a big reason for Hart's drop from the top. Definitely more vocal and commanding though so I wouldn't be upset to see him signed.

You can tell the guy has a massive ego - just by looking at him. Thats why i have questioned whether his ego could take dropping down a division. 

Even when he played for England, as soon as the camera was on him on the tunnel he would play it up and would be all "come on boys"

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

You can tell the guy has a massive ego - just by looking at him. Thats why i have questioned whether his ego could take dropping down a division. 

Even when he played for England, as soon as the camera was on him on the tunnel he would play it up and would be all "come on boys"

I always felt he cared more about his wash and go adverts than his England career. 

Just now, matt83 said:

I always felt he cared more about his wash and go adverts than his England career. 

Thing is, when you're that arrogant/confident (fine line), everything is great when its going well. Problems start when they're not. Instead of taking responsibility and knuckling down you still believe your own hype, that it will all come good, im still the best, im just down on my luck. The arrogance becomes a massive hindrance.