BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JacknOry said:

But is it worth what he will cost to find out? He is not exactly going to do a Rodwell and sign on minimal terms for a season.

Well that's up to Mowbray and above to decide. I'm a bit of a risk taker, so I'd be all over it for the potential upside, which lets not kid ourselves is huge. 

There's two factors we actually know nothing about. No one on here knows what his wage demands are. And no one really knows what Venky's are willing/able to afford in terms of running the club.

• J*B unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I thought he was decent for us on his last loan so I’m optimistic about this one. There’s something about him. Would be nice to now look at sorting out the shambolic defence and obviously get a decent keeper through the door. 

Downing, Johnson and Gallagher represent a decent ‘start’ to the window. 

IF and a big IF, Mowbray gets it right with a keeper, a centre half or 2 and possibly a full back, we’re good to go for my money. 

Let’s hope we have some irons in the fire before the deadline in 3 weeks.

37 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Sorry to be positive but Hart is more than good enough to be our number 1.

He obviously not a champions league standard goalkeeper or England no.1 any more but he’s still a good keeper albeit a slightly error prone one at the top level.

Find it quite interesting last season how he was dropped at Burnley, I spoke to someone at work who watches Burnley and commented that they looked doomed for relegation despite Hart pulling off some great saves on MOTD. He then made what turned out to be a terrific point about Heatons better communication with his defence that was better suited to Burnley’s low block. Which Hart never mastered, but he was still making good saves he just never suited Burnley’s style like he never would’ve worked as peps city keeper.

the only negative Is that I’ve heard he is a bit off an arrogant bellend 

I think “arrogant bellend” is one of the few things missing from the squad ?

Especially in the nets, a rocket up a few arses back there wouldn’t hurt.

Show us yer fucking medals etc

Have warmed to the Gally signing, glad to have him on board as one of ours long term.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Tormund said:

Good looking lad isn’t he Gally.

Our Championship version of Santa Cruz?

As we're getting the band back together and members have called for full backs, surely it means the return of Martin Olsson and the new Denis Irwin, Bruno!

Just now, alex l said:

Our Championship version of Santa Cruz?

As we're getting the band back together and members have called for full backs, surely it means the return of Martin Olsson and the new Denis Irwin, Bruno!

I’d go with that!

I’d take Olsson back definitely.

• Like 1