BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Completely agree ..

"Burnley’s performances suddenly turned around when they removed Hart from goal and replaced him with Heaton. Their defence suddenly stopped conceding as many chances close to their keeper. Their keepers have dramatically different records both when it comes to stopping shots and when it comes to claiming balls in their area. Put it all together and it makes a powerful case that the reason Burnley’s season has turned around is that Joe Hart is bad and Tom Heaton is good. Keepers, it turns out, might just be important."

https://statsbomb.com/2019/02/the-great-burnley-keeper-switch/

For those who say a keeper doesn't make or break a defence.  Same defenders total turn around.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I would be delighted with a Charlie Adam, terrific footballer 

yeah Adam would offer much more quality than either Smallwood or Evans.

Think he would be a good signing but we need to be moving a couple of midfielders on before we sign anymore.

Was stupid giving Evans a new deal.

• Like 3

Still 3 weeks to go but as a defender Mowbray must be having sleepless nights over individual players and the defensive unit he was highly critical of last season.

This window definitely has the potential to be quite satisfactory but in my opinion it lives and dies with who we bring in at the back. 

• Like 4

Olsson is an interesting one, id have him back but definitely don't think a left back is in Tony's plans as he will persevere with Bell and hope he continues to improve. I think smallwoods time is up, but Evans will stay, he still has plenty to offer and last season up until Xmas he was arguably our best player behind dack. 

Edited by Roverinbelfast

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

This will probably be Charlie Adam........

Funnily enough I would love Charlie Adam in our squad. But we already need to offload some midfielders.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 17:25, Paul Mani said:

PNE about to re-sign David Nugent after selling Robinson. What happened to their amazingly innovative young manager...

Not a Neil signing.

Robinson is a winger who we’re looking to replace with Hunter from Fleetwood.

Also Neil is desperate to sign a first choice keeper.

16 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Not a Neil signing.

Robinson is a winger who we’re looking to replace with Hunter from Fleetwood.

Also Neil is desperate to sign a first choice keeper.

Who is signing him then?

52 minutes ago, bazza said:

Funnily enough I would love Charlie Adam in our squad. But we already need to offload some midfielders.

Well if we are signing Adam and/or Butterfield (we will see if he is involved in the next friendly) then Smallwood, Rodwell, Evans and Gladwin should be off. I like Rodwell, but he seem so disinterest when he is playing so I doubt we will see his full potential ever again.

There has to be some departures - can't see him keeping all those forwards happy.

Anyone else think that Gallagher type player is possibly what TM thought he was buying with Brereton ?

Though may be interesting to see them paired up front. Two 6ft+ forwards who can dribble and have reasonable pace.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

There has to be some departures - can't see him keeping all those forwards happy.

Anyone else think that Gallagher type player is possibly what TM thought he was buying with Brereton ?

Though may be interesting to see them paired up front. Two 6ft+ forwards who can dribble and have reasonable pace.

Ironic that Brereton and Gallagher cost more than Sutton and Shearer yet the best you could describe them as is a budget version.

From S-A-S to B-A-G.

• Like 2

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Nuttall out on loan to League One probably, same with Samuel once fit? I doubt they'll ever play regularly for us in the Championship (or above). Armstrong will feature out wide for the most part, but will also be paired with either Gallagher or Graham on suitable occasions. I doubt he will play the two G's together up front, but Gallagher can play wide as well and will give Mowbray some attacking options without necessarily making substitutions. I doubt he expects a repeat from Graham this season.