BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

Still wondering when this scouting network will be kicking in, it’s not a bad thing but I reckon we must have the most English squad in the top two divisions.

Has every Mowbray signing been English?

edit - forgot Leutwiler and Antonsson

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

I feel like we've gone and got the icing, milk, and glassé cherries, but not the eggs and flour. I like cherries, and I'll happily eat icing from the tube, but we need the cake to put them on.

Defence and GK please.

Superb lol

Paid 11p for my first, thought it was a lot.  Imagine a few boys on here were buying their first with shillings, or pence even.  Proper money that.  Enough change in your pocket to buy some black jacks and bazookas and you had to hold your pants up they were so heavy.m

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Paid 11p for my first, thought it was a lot.  Imagine a few boys on here were buying their first with shillings, or pence even.  Proper money that.  Enough change in your pocket to buy some black jacks and bazookas and you had to hold your pants up they were so heavy.m

One shilling thrupence rings a bell. Must have been for a Half pint or my elder brothers condoms, he was a bit shy

Edited by AllRoverAsia

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Still wondering when this scouting network will be kicking in, it’s not a bad thing but I reckon we must have the most English squad in the top two divisions.

Has every Mowbray signing been English?

edit - forgot Leutwiler and Antonsson

And Caddis. ??????? 

You are right though, an lot of Englishmen.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Saw this from the Mirror. Linked with half the league. An untestes novice isnt what we need.

Screenshot_20190714-010400_Chrome.jpg

I'm sure this is nonsense, but along with the links with Dunne from Burnley it does concern me that any centre half we sign will be some kid on loan from the top flight, just so TM can say he got someone.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Nyambe is our only non British & Irish outfield player... and even he is from our academy. So that’s zero signed foreign players.

I doubt there is another club in England like that (certainly in the top two divisions).

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Nyambe is our only non British & Irish outfield player... and even he is from our academy. So that’s zero signed foreign players.

I doubt there is another club in England like that (certainly in the top two divisions).

Part of that audit a year ago I'd bet. Sign young British lads and sell them. 

People keep saying "Mowbray has a plan", that's the plan and its not his!

We'll be able to sell season tickets to the EDL at this rate! There's a marketing angle for you Steve!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

Orrrrrr....he’s signing British players he knows because the scouting system was completely dismantled years ago and he’s spent the last 6 months investing in it expansion. Young foreign talent also sells at a premium too...

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Orrrrrr....he’s signing British players he knows because the scouting system was completely dismantled years ago and he’s spent the last 6 months investing in it expansion. Young foreign talent also sells at a premium too...

We want foreign players and we want them NOW!!!!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If we can arrange some form of back stop so Lenihan can pass freely to his team mates - we will have achieved BREXIT before the Torys do ?

• Like 1

So, just to clarify, because we signed Gallagher and he didn't go to Brentford who have this stupendously brilliant recruitment policy and are sure-fire promotion favourites now they've got Raya, is the new stick to beat Mowbray with the amount of cut-price and absolutely talentless British players like Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong and Chapman he has darkened our door with?

• Like 4

Just now, Pedro said:

So, just to clarify, because we signed Gallagher and he didn't go to Brentford who have this stupendously brilliant recruitment policy and are sure-fire promotion favourites now they've got Raya, is the new stick to beat Mowbray with the amount of cut-price and absolutely talentless British players like Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong and Chapman he has darkened our door with?

By George he's got it!

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Teams don’t really recruit based on a managers contacts now. Especially abroad..it’s based on fully integrated scouting systems like Brentford’s. I don’t think Mowbray has an aversion to signing foreign players, if you look at his time at WBA. He’s being pragmatic and sticking with what he knows until the scouting network is fully reinstated.

Agree with the moneyball type comment but it’s usually Venus what does the scouting as he brought in Bulgarians and all sorts from abroad at Coventry. I don’t their scouting was better than ours and equally dismantled.

Still least it’s not Paddy McNair linked again this morning!

Bloody hell wish I hadn’t posted it. 

I don’t see anybody beating Mowbray with any stick on this issue.

Dack and Rothwell two excellent bargain English signings. 

Just an observation that we must have the most British/Irish squad by some way in the top two divisions. I thought it was merely an interesting aside, not something to ignite a Twitter style culture war.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6