BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

So no news on the keeper or defender front?  

Funny we have.mention if Mowbary building stability.  At the same time we are discussing players we have bought with the intention if selling down the road.  That does not sound like stability.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, USABlue said:

So no news on the keeper or defender front?  

Funny we have.mention if Mowbary building stability.  At the same time we are discussing players we have bought with the intention if selling down the road.  That does not sound like stability.

Sunday, doubt much be happening today.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Sunday, doubt much be happening today.

...and have Mowbray, Waggott, etc said they get Sundays off? It's a 24/7 job managing clubs like this one as far as I'm concerned. Especially if any incoming deals are in the late processing/negotiations stages.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

...and have Mowbray, Waggott, etc said they get Sundays off? It's a 24/7 job managing clubs like this one as far as I'm concerned. Especially if any incoming deals are in the late processing/negotiations stages.

Be very surprised if we made any deals on Sunday mate. Can be doing leg work but more than just managers involved in transfers, office staff won’t be in on Sunday 

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd be very surprised if we don't start the season 4-2-3-1. We certainly are not going to be going 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 because playing that system we take Dack (our most effective player) out of his best position. About the only way we could play 2 out and out centre forward's is by playing 3/5 at the back but given that we don't even have two good centre backs there is no way we can line up like that.

Also at the end of the day Mowbray is a cautious manager, it's not in his make up to start with an attacking line up to take the game to the opponents. Mowbray likes to set up to try not to lose rather than set up to win.

You could play a middle of

Travis johnson

Gally       Dack.       Arma

Graham 

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Was it you who suggested West Ham's Adrian was being looked at? That would be a superb signing.

No, I was told this from another user on this board. Don’t know if it’s concrete or just a wish list. I agree he would be a very decent signing for us 

6 hours ago, Biz said:

Can’t head, can’t run, no skill, can’t finish, has no strength and is lazy?

Im sorry but I don’t think it’s possible to come to those conclusions yet - just like using the isolated example of his good play should suggest he’s going to be a worldie.

Im not sure why people feel the need to make such final opinions with such little example. Isn’t it easy just to say he’s underwhelmed so far and we haven’t seen enough?

YET!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd be very surprised if we don't start the season 4-2-3-1. We certainly are not going to be going 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 because playing that system we take Dack (our most effective player) out of his best position. About the only way we could play 2 out and out centre forward's is by playing 3/5 at the back but given that we don't even have two good centre backs there is no way we can line up like that.

Also at the end of the day Mowbray is a cautious manager, it's not in his make up to start with an attacking line up to take the game to the opponents. Mowbray likes to set up to try not to lose rather than set up to win.

We could play 4-3-1-2. With the two young lads up front and Dack in behind. As in.

New Goalkeeper.

Nyambe, Lenihan, New Centre Half, New Left Back ( or Bell )

Travis, Johnson, Downing ( or Rothwell )

Dack

Brererton, Gallagher.

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Depends how you actually implement it tho surely but if you can't see how different teams implement the same formations that's your problem 

If you have a bank of 4 a bank of 2 and then a bank of 3 in behind 1 then it is 4-2-3-1 however you implement it.