BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If Evan's goes and assuming we don't re-sign Rodwell I hope that isn't a way of keeping Smallwood. Not good enough.

Reasonably pleased with Gallagher, in theory some good attacking options at the club now. Need to offload Nuttall and Samuel.

The window can only be deemed a success when the GK and defence have been addressed. That doesn't mean signing a kid on loan from an academy. An established and proven CB required. Not having the excuses. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

If Evan's goes and assuming we don't re-sign Rodwell I hope that isn't a way of keeping Smallwood. Not good enough.

Reasonably pleased with Gallagher, in theory some good attacking options at the club now. Need to offload Nuttall and Samuel.

The window can only be deemed a success when the GK and defence have been addressed. That doesn't mean signing a kid on loan from an academy. An established and proven CB required. Not having the excuses. 

Exactly - we already have better academy CBs so all we need is an established CB who's big and not afraid to win a header 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Does he still count as our player? His deal ended 1th of july?

Rodwell still shows up in the updated squad on the Rovers website.

Maybe his contract ended but we still hold his registration until he kindly decides whether Rovers fit into his plans.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Rodwell still shows up in the updated squad on the Rovers website.

Maybe his contract ended but we still hold his registration until he kindly decides whether Rovers fit into his plans.

More like nobody at Rovers has bothered to update the website.

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Agreed, the only positive is that if only one of them goes and it is Evans, his wage is almost certainly significantly higher than Smallwood's. At least Smallwood is on a backup player's wage, whereas Evans is on a first team/first pick kind of wage. If he's going to be on the bench then that is a criminal waste of resources. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Plus Smallwood only has a season on his deal.

Evans with two (and you would think a top end wage), so it would be a great bit of business to get him off the wage bill (with fee to boot)

Shouldn’t have been signed up in the first place, of course, but we are where we are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

As someone said before, why bother signing a kid on loan from Liverpool when we have defenders like Wharton and Magilore around the same age and had beaten this team?

Just because we finished above a team doesn’t mean that individual players from that team can’t be an improvement on what we’ve got.*

That argument is like saying ‘What’s the point in Utd buying Maguire since they already have defenders and they finished above Leicester anyway’

(*I haven’t seen this kid from Liverpool so I’m not saying that’s the case here, just making a general point about the argument)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigUts said:

Do you need both William's and Mulgrew? William's can cover both centre and left back respectively and Bennett can cover across midfield and right back so we dont REALLY need another defender on there...IMHO of course!

I agree with what your saying but by the same token would you need Chapman, Brereton, Gallagher and Armstrong all on the bench. Not really necessary either, and I can't see Mulgrew being dropped entirely from the squad as much as he should be.

Big loser is Davenport. Really hard to see how he gets in the squad unless we have injuries which is annoying as he has a lot of promise.

Smallwood needs to be let go of as he has no chance, and Evans only retained to cover a major injury crisis.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2019 at 11:01, K-Hod said:

There are at least as many posters moaning about moaning as there are actual moans.

It’s all very confusing.

For real though, if people just scrolled past opinions they didn’t like without having to reply to them all in an attempt to change their mind, that would probably be helpful. 

Also, saying ‘I respect their right to an opinion’ or a variant of, before trashing said opinion, negates this statement. 

Remember, it’s only pixels on a screen from a stranger you’ve never met and perhaps never will meet. If it stresses you out so much, I’d recommend going outside for some fresh air.

Absolutely nobody is stressing me out. I'm just giving my opinion. I scroll past many opinions I don't like. 

On 13/07/2019 at 11:08, Stuart said:

When Mowbray signs decent players who can improve the first team, he gets credit.

Sadly this doesn’t happen very often.

Just as frustrating is when the same people put a positive spin on everything in some bid to be seen as a better supporter. “Trust Mowbray” (even when he goes back on his word).

Ya, blind and blinkered optimism to the point of not seeing the issues is also annoying, I agree with you there. 

On 13/07/2019 at 13:44, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's only one real rule - Are they good enough ? Although with old players they can be good enough today and not good enough tomorrow.

I agree with that. Its just Downign and Johnson were good last season, now all of a sudden when we sign them some fans are making out they are fit for the nursing home! 

8 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

New GK

Nyambe Lenihan Williams

Travis     Johnson

Downing   Dack  Rothwell

Gallagher    Graham

could easily switch to a four back in game, with Travis moving to RB, Nyambe to CB and Williams to LB if the match demands so.

Gallagher and Graham would be great as a partnership, and for me our LB options just aren’t good enough to be playing 4 back. Either 3 or 5 has to be the way.

Theres no way we could go with such a wreckless formation.

If you go 3 at the back you need to have wing backs to ensure it is a back 5 when defending. Any team against that would have free reign down the flanks.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If he is good enough, is that not all that should matter? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, blind and blinkered optimism to the point of not seeing the issues is also annoying, I agree with you there. 

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here with that mentality. It seems most of the ‘positive’ crew (me included) just want to give the manager until the end of the window to judge him on the window.

Of course there will be differing opinions on the business we have done already and the glass is half empty crew will no doubt see a completely different picture than the half full crew. That’s life. 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres no way we could go with such a wreckless formation.

If you go 3 at the back you need to have wing backs to ensure it is a back 5 when defending. Any team against that would have free reign down the flanks.

You don’t HAVE to, sure a lot of teams do, but it’s not like Downing didn’t spend a season playing wing back ??

Has to be Evans 

Rangers haven’t got the money to pay us a fee and take his wages. I’m almost positive it’s Rodwell. Liverpool connection, cheap, great pedigree and would piss the Scottish prem.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

You don’t HAVE to, sure a lot of teams do, but it’s not like Downing didn’t spend a season playing wing back ??

Nyambe, Bennett, Bell and Downing are more suited to being wing backs than full backs imo

If he is good enough, is that not all that should matter? 

George Johnston is no better than Scott Wharton, Tyler Magloire, Matty Platt or Joe Grayson. Our Under 23’s polished off Liverpool with ease at Anfield this season, and I’d sooner see one of our lads promoted than sign someone like that on loan.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Rangers haven’t got the money to pay us a fee and take his wages. I’m almost positive it’s Rodwell. Liverpool connection, cheap, great pedigree and would piss the Scottish prem.

I wouldn't call him a Blackburn midfielder though, he is an ex-one. Agree it would probably be a good move for Rodwell if it was him 

Rangers must have a few bob to be able to pay wages for the likes of Defoe. How much would we be looking at for Evans anyway? £1.5 million?