BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, philipl said:

We are talking Gerrard at Rangers.

Bound to be someone we really don't want to lose.

if your hunch is right, that basically means Travis, Rothwell or Dack (if you'd class him as a midfielder). They wont pay for a Dack, so potentially one of the other two.

Your hunch better be wrong.

I think Rangers still have to be careful with their money don't they? Massive club granted but tempting players north is even tough for recent perennial champs Celtic with their CL guarantee.

I reckon Evans might be a goer  as he may be from the Rangers supporting tradition of NI.

Just now, Tom said:

Is this all based on a random tweet from a random tweeter?

Any history of this guy being right?

No idea, 7,000 followers though.

Besides, not much else to talk about lol

According to Stevie G on SSN - he said “near enough done” on transfers, and “players might leave” so I doubt they’re about to give us millions for one of our better players!

Just now, Biz said:

According to Stevie G on SSN - he said “near enough done” on transfers, and “players might leave” so I doubt they’re about to give us millions for one of our better players!

That means it could be Evans !!

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So one game? mmm. Preferably I would like us to sign an experienced player as well, but I believe in watching players a few times before writing them off. 

I’m not writing him off, he’s alright, and he could be great. But no more so than ANY of the centre backs in our academy.

11 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Some valid points, some unfair ones.

I don't think that the scouting network is "much vaunted" to be honest and it's very much in it's infancy anyway. Its bit much to be expecting it to be baring fruit this summer to be fair. We do however, live in an age of craving instant gratification which might explain some of the moaning on here.

I did say ''personally'' -just my view sorry if that offends. Suspect i'm not alone in that view but if others see him differently then fine.

Much vaunted …. possibly wrong choice of word but TM has talked up the Norwich/Brentford model  basically since we played Norwich. They have ploughed significant cost into it so the lack of imagination in our transfer dealings to date is at best disappointing. Bar one guy in Holland there is nothing to suggest they have made any headway at all in Europe.

If this was your full time job you'd be watching hundreds  of games  via the systems the Clubs have these days and coming up with something worth looking at.

Like i said why come out with crap about Norwich/Brentford models  which is what TM did ? Keep it under wraps man rather than spout for spoutings sake. It all adds to the concern when bugger all happens and we have a queue of trialists form Stoke and Derby and get continually linked with players who have played at his previous clubs or who happened to have a decent game against us . Delve back into the past and he has said the Brereton had a really good game against Coventry once when he was manager there.  Look where that got us .

Reference to his lack of intelligence is in no small part down to his own comments not anybody elses. 

Edited by TBTF

Evans has featured in the kit promos etc hasn't he ?   He's been on a real good number his entire time here so it would take some persuading to get him to leave.

Plus I think Mowbray rates him ?

We really are short of transfer rumours if we are discussing a tweet from a fake twitter account :)

I have faith that things are happening behind the scenes and things are being tied up. The Bradley Johnson transfer came from nowhere and was only speculated about the day before he actually signed, so I wouldn’t be surprised if our next signing is done in a similar way. 

My money is on a GK next followed by Charlie Adam. 

• Like 4

Just now, Jackrover said:

3-2-3-2 formation used by a few teams would Work well for Blackburn 

Christ. Imagine our lads trying to implement that.

They only have to go to a 3 at the back and they look like they have never met before.

It will be Evans, they like signing Northern Irish players, and a lot of Northern irish players like/support Rangers, so if offered the chance he would probably go, he would probably do okay in the SPL, him and Davis, two northern irish lads in the middle for them.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 3

Just now, AAK said:

It will be Evans, they like signing Northern Irish players, and a lot of Northern irish players like/support Rangers, so if offered the chance he would probably go, he would probably do okay in the SPL, him and Davis, two northern irish lads in the middle for them.

Hopefully. And the bigger thing for us is freeing up the wage bill. Now if we can sell Smallwood we have a lot of options for using that wage space 

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Some valid points, some unfair ones.

I don't think that the scouting network is "much vaunted" to be honest and it's very much in it's infancy anyway. Its bit much to be expecting it to be baring fruit this summer to be fair. We do however, live in an age of craving instant gratification which might explain some of the moaning on here.

Not really.  TM said we would be signing players from Europe this summer at his 'evening with' also explained that they had made several European trips.  So to expect at least one shouldn't be unrealistic.