BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blackburnravers.com said:

conceded 21 at home, 48 away

Screenshot_20190715-195708_Chrome.jpg

I didn't realise we actually conceded the most away goals in the division, even more than Bolton and Ipswich. That's pretty scary! Thank goodness we were solid at Ewood.

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, this thread is going to divert to general chat about transfers, players etc if nobody is imminent, that’s the ebb and flow of a message board. Otherwise may as well lock it between signings.

It’s like some people have never read a transfer thread before this summer.

If only! This is mostly the Mowbray is thick/useless/deluded/flipflopping topic.

Far too much hand-wringing about the order of acquisitions IMO. Free agents got landed first as their lack of employment/salary might have meant they’d go anywhere; then our long-term target; now we are onto the possibles lists. Given each candidate will have different fees/wages, I’m expecting to see a couple of “outs” before we plump for who is coming in given budgets will need to be balanced: shift high earners like Evans and Mulgrew and we can raise our sights. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DE. said:

I didn't realise we actually conceded the most away goals in the division, even more than Bolton and Ipswich. That's pretty scary! Thank goodness we were solid at Ewood.

We conceded 7 more away from home than Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough did in the whole 46 games.At least the home teams fans got value for money when we visited.

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If only! This is mostly the Mowbray is thick/useless/deluded/flipflopping topic.

Be fair. It's the Mowbray is thick/useless/deluded/flipflopping/perfect/infallible/saviour topic.

Some on the board sit in the middle, looking for balance, picking fault where we see it and giving credit where we see it. To us, both camps frequently look ridiculous (constant negativity or constant positivity) but also make some good points. But that's life, people like to characterise things in extreme terms or morph everything they see to fit their preconceptions (even the balanced ones from time to time).

Not trying to say I'm perfect btw, I do try to stay balanced (I imagine most like to think they do). But I know I've, at varying times over the years, been branded or taken for an apologist for the club/manager or a doom-monger depending on which views on a particular subject I expressed at the time. I think the place becomes so polarised that people end up fitting others into either camp based on them saying a particular negative or positive thing. Don't get me wrong, some people have consistently shown they belong in a given camp (not naming names).

• Like 6

Just now, Gary C said:

"Blackburn Rovers should make a move for Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson as they seek a replacement for last season’s number one David Raya who recently joined Championship rivals Brentford."

Rovers "should". 

Carson's agent working very hard touting his man around the inter-web. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Yup, I bet if every fan on this site made their current best XI, Bennett would feature in possibly what, 10%?

Yet he is automatic under Mowbray.

Bennett will start at the expense of Nyambe or in attacking midfield.

Dack, Armstrong, Chapman, Rothwell, Gallagher, Butteworth, Downing and maybe even Brereton are all playing for those 3 roles, yet Bennett will be gifted the RW slot if TM chooses to go Nyambe at RB.

Either way, "Fan Favourite Agent Benno" starts.

Have to say Bennett's not going to start central mid as we signed Johnson, and he's not going to start attacking mid as we signed Downing and Gallagher. If he's going to get a berth it might be right back but I wouldn't put money on it. Partly as we might sign someone, partly because Mowbray might decide to give Nyambe a long run.

I think Mowbrays philosophy is you need a certain amount of experience. With signing Downing and Johnson I believe he will relax in retaining experience in other areas 

• Like 2

Agree with majority of that. Would like to see Martin Olsson back if we can pick him up as hes currently a free agent. Gallagher to come on the tired Graham were we hope he can score 10 to 15 a season

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Have to say Bennett's not going to start central mid as we signed Johnson, and he's not going to start attacking mid as we signed Downing and Gallagher. If he's going to get a berth it might be right back but I wouldn't put money on it. Partly as we might sign someone, partly because Mowbray might decide to give Nyambe a long run.

I think Mowbrays philosophy is you need a certain amount of experience. With signing Downing and Johnson I believe he will relax in retaining experience in other areas 

That's another thread get everyone to put out their best Rovers 11. Based on current players we have. Be interesting to see how much it would differ to the starting 11 v Charlton. Hopefully by then another 2 to 3 more bodies in

I would love to believe that but I have not seen anything to suggest that Bennett will be anythung but the first name on the team sheet, and subsequently our poorest player.

• Like 1

I hope you're right. 

I like Bennett (I think we all do), but he is a very poor right back and shouldn't be first choice anywhere else...

I'm not advocating we get rid (like I do with Smallwood), as I do like his committment, heart and versatility (Plus he is also a superior CM to Smallwood). However he shouldn't be starting week in week out based on his performances and ability.

Bennett starts (somewhere) Vs Charlton, 100%.

17 minutes ago, Gary C said:

Agree with majority of that. Would like to see Martin Olsson back if we can pick him up as hes currently a free agent. Gallagher to come on the tired Graham were we hope he can score 10 to 15 a season

Not sure I want too see that at Ewood this season if I’m honest..

• Like 8

10 hours ago, DE. said:

We had the worst away defence in the entire football league didnt we?

• Like 1

Just now, OssyLad said:

Anyone else think he’ll play downing wing back? I’ve got a feeling he might do 

I’ve thought this since his signing. He said a lot about Chapman being immature (for want of a better word) with regards defensive duties in his first spell, so I would imagine he believes Downing’s age and experience has given him some defensive ability.

Not entirely sure if that will work, the idea that as a player gets older they somehow learn to defend, but we wait and see.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Goalkeeper in this week barring any last min complications, some will be happy, some won’t. Nature of the position, it’s hard to please everyone.

i think it’s an upgrade on raya personally, can see the logic 

Go on then......

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Goalkeeper in this week barring any last min complications, some will be happy, some won’t. Nature of the position, it’s hard to please everyone.

i think it’s an upgrade on raya personally, can see the logic 

Screams Joe Hart to me. 

• Like 3