BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

@Biz

That's why I said he would've been worth investing in even if wages and signing on fee took the deal to 2 mill or so and that he would've fit into Mowbrays selection policy i'e not being first choice -- Pay attention

As for the fee last summer well it's a bit rich bringing that up again now no doubt you were one of those saying why pay it when we might get him for free in a few months.  Of course they wanted him they've been tracking him for ages waiting to pounce because they thought they'd get him cheaply so he'd fit the bracket of potential profit turnaround but face it they had their pants pulled down and didn't have anything else similar lined up.

That's left them scrabbling about now and trying to divert attention away from the defensive issues I think it'll all now come down to someone offering them something half decent but cheap at the 11th hour or there'll be nothing.

Scott Carson has been a consistent top half Championship player for 3 seasons now. He's experienced, played for England, played abroad, been there done that. I'll be happy with him between the sticks.
I'd have been happier with him and Raya competing but that's not going to happen. 33 isn't old for a goalkeeper, some may say these are his best years, and I couldn't see a keeper of his calibre coming whilst Raya was here or Raya staying whilst a keeper of Carson's calibre came in.

This is if it is him.

• Like 9

Just now, RV Blue said:

And he’s objectively a downgrade on Raya.

In your opinion, just give a bloke a chance eh, dammed before he signs and anyway may not be him, like the poster said the GK we sign some will like some will not, oh if this thread was here when Souness signed that old chap what was his name ahh yes Friedel.

Just now, 47er said:

The audit report from last season perhaps highlighted the difference in transfer fee, and therefore potential profit, between defenders and forwards?

Its hard for us to accept that Blackburn Rovers might not be run principally as a football club.

Still 3 things at play here for me, there's the football side of it obviously then the investment arm and still of course the little friendly agents section.

Every time there's a busy window the action seems to be split 3 ways to varying degrees when really it should ALL just be about the football team.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yes. Tony has a job for years here if he goes about it the right way.  I dont expect a push this season,  way too much pressure on Tony that.

On Ampadu

Lampard explains Ethan Ampadus absent because he could be going on loan for the season. He is a big fan of the player and wanted to sign him on loan for Derby last season, so is hopeful he can play a lot of games somewhere this year.#CFCinJapan

Just now, RV Blue said:

And he’s objectively a downgrade on Raya.

No he really isn't what he is is a different style of keeper who may be more suited to this team, yes the potential to be a lot better isn't there due to age but the basics should be more ready made and if he can command a defence and kick and catch competently then he's already a better all round keeper.

Would've loved Raya in comp with someone like this but it isn't to be and the lad spat his dummy out himself nobody did it for him.

• Like 1

I think Carson would be a good signing. As mentioned above, he has been there and done that. Having an experienced keeper like that calling the shots can only improve things at the back. I just always felt there was tension and poor communication between Raya, Lenihan and Mulgrew. Some of the body language between them told a very vivid story. I'm certainly not blaming Raya , in fact I think it was on Mulgrew as captain to be the one who ironed out the issue, but we are where we are and Raya is gone, so hopefully, if it is Carson, we see some better communication at the back. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

On Ampadu

Lampard explains Ethan Ampadus absent because he could be going on loan for the season. He is a big fan of the player and wanted to sign him on loan for Derby last season, so is hopeful he can play a lot of games somewhere this year.#CFCinJapan

Ampadu would be an amazing signing. He's another centre mid though isn't he...

If it is true that we have a bid in for Dann, I think that would be a good signing. I had my reservations when I heard his name due to his association with probably the worst time I remember being a Rovers fan. However the thing with him would be that he would certainly offer stiff competition to Williams and Mulgrew. Some of the young lads I have heard mentioned wouldn't be my choice at all, as I don't think they would realistically dislodge Williams or Mulgrew. Dann has pretty decent pedigree all things considered. He has played many games in the Premier league. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

I would have been all over this

D94E50D1-F7E9-4D87-ABDE-7FE2FB635DAF.jpeg

Me too - thats a great price for someone who has previously been excellent at this level. CBs and GK priority though this season - reckon we work on fullbacks January or next season.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Thought Derby County were all over that signing.

Possibly, I just know we have threw out names into the hat, we would probably be least favourites in that trio but you never know. Lenihan and skrtel partnership would be good, you wouldn’t fancy that if you were a striker 

• Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Possibly, I just know we have threw out names into the hat, we would probably be least favourites in that trio but you never know. Lenihan and skrtel partnership would be good, you wouldn’t fancy that if you were a striker 

I would be happy with Skrtel - great player in his prime with tons of experience. Not the longterm answer but we be an immediate short term improvement.