BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, geedog13 said:

Casey palmer to Sunderland......... he has nearly found his level lol 

Cannot see that happening. Spent three seasons on loan in the Championship and then drops down to League 1?

Did well at all accounts at Bristol City last season, struggled here because of Dack being better and of course, helped Hudds to promotion a few years back.

• Like 1

If Carson can kick a ball in a straight line and catch a cross every now and then, then he’s an upgrade on Raya. End of. 

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm sure he called them out in his interview where he stated he had no defence and that defenders are coming.

He obviously didn't rate Raya, has made moves to replace him. From what little rumour we have it seems a centre half is incoming also. I'd say he's making moves to address those problems.

Heard from someone who knows someone on the coaching team that they just didn't rate Raya, were looking to replace him as no.1 whatever happened.

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was the best of a bad bunch with Yakubu. He wouldn't have got to stay in the Premier league otherwise. 

The good thing with the signing of Gallagher and Carson/Dann if we get them is a big increase in height in the team. All are 6 foot 3 or taller. We badly missed that last season. 

He absolutely wasn't the best of a bad bunch with Yakubu. He was awful for us in the Prem. I remember him, Lowe and Hanley being the 3 players I felt were most responsible for our relegation (on the pitch anyway, obviously off-field causes were worse). He didn't get to stay in the Prem, he had one and a half seasons with us in the Championship.

Like Hanley, he steadily got better in the Championship and started looking good. Once he did, he was off. He earned himself a move back to the Prem rather than getting to stay because he was good in it. Done very well since by all accounts.

• Like 3

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard from someone who knows someone on the coaching team that they just didn't rate Raya, were looking to replace him as no.1 whatever happened.

If true then my estimation of our coaching team has gone up a notch or 2

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

If Carson can kick a ball in a straight line and catch a cross every now and then, then he’s an upgrade on Raya. End of. 

Not if he concedes a bunch more from shots. Wouldn't mind him though.

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ha, we really do. You notice it at set-pieces particularly. The crazy thing is we played so many long balls.

True, but with the idea of utilising Graham's excellent hold up play and Arma's pace behind the lines. There were times we used it effectively, and times where it was poor and mind numbingly predictable.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Yes I heard the same about 12 months ago. It’s been on the cards for a long time.

When Dunny worked at Rovers, I heard all sorts of tidbits. Not so much now. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, that's silly, obviously I wouldn't be happy with that.

Would you agree that a keeper and a CB would be counted as more than one player? 

Obviously. But I was asking you about actual defenders, not a goalie. Yes they're a unit blah blah but so is the whole team. When I asked if you agree our defence needs more than one reinforcement, I'm talking about defenders. I think we need two.

• Backroom
30 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

It’s really, really not.

Raya has international class reflexes and not much else.

Carson (not my choice of the options linked) has good reflexes, strength, can catch a ball in the air, has played on the international stage, and has a good record at this level.

Raya will become a brilliant goalkeeper, but we haven't the time or (imo) capability to develop him further.

We need closer to the finished article. A Carson/Hart/Ruddy. If we'd been challenging for the top 6 for 3 seasons (rather like Brentford), we'd likely persist with potential.

Let's not forget how many of Raya's saves (thanks to his preference to punch and deflect) led to rebound goals instead of counter attacks.

• Like 1

Just now, pick32 said:

Raya went a doubled his money plus he gets a £200,000 bonus if he plays in every league game this season,

Before Austria he was told he was the number one keeper and we rejected a 3million bid and told him he was going nowhere,

In Austria he made it apparent he wanted to leave in which case we accepted the bid of 3.5million rising to 4.5million with add ons.

im not an ITK and never claimed to be for the 15years I’ve been posting on here but this is from a good source, can’t say who.

I’ve heard the wages were a big factor. Wasn’t on much at all here considering his place in the squad.

Obviously though people would rather reimagine him as being utter shit. I’m sure his replacement will be a shot stopping, cross catching machine with a Beckham-esque delivery and the ability to organise a defence better than Bobby Moore.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He absolutely wasn't the best of a bad bunch with Yakubu. He was awful for us in the Prem. I remember him, Lowe and Hanley being the 3 players I felt were most responsible for our relegation (on the pitch anyway, obviously off-field causes were worse). He didn't get to stay in the Prem, he had one and a half seasons with us in the Championship.

Like Hanley, he steadily got better in the Championship and started looking good. Once he did, he was off. He earned himself a move back to the Prem rather than getting to stay because he was good in it. Done very well since by all accounts.

Dann failed to live up to expectations during his first season for Rovers. I remember him being iffy in possession, and getting caught out of position a lot. How much of that was down to Kean's abject management is worthy of discussion. He did knuckle down in the Championship and got his move back to the Prem where he was a regular and at times was talked about for an England call up.

He is a good header of a ball and is better than average on attacking set pieces. An old head centre half is usually good for a Championship team.

I'd take Joe Hart too.

• Like 4

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Perhaps the keeper is Joe Hart. The Times today says he can leave on a free transfer.

Im sure he’ll have plenty of offers and his wages will be high but I would be really pleased if it was him.

No thanks. Lost his way. We can do better

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Raya went a doubled his money plus he gets a £200,000 bonus if he plays in every league game this season,

Before Austria he was told he was the number one keeper and we rejected a 3million bid and told him he was going nowhere,

In Austria he made it apparent he wanted to leave in which case we accepted the bid of 3.5million rising to 4.5million with add ons.

im not an ITK and never claimed to be for the 15years I’ve been posting on here but this is from a good source, can’t say who.

@JHRover

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’ve heard the wages were a big factor. Wasn’t on much at all here considering his place in the squad.

Obviously though people would rather reimagine him as being utter shit. I’m sure his replacement will be a shot stopping, cross catching machine with a Beckham-esque delivery and the ability to organise a defence better than Bobby Moore.

I haven't read one poster say he was utter shite. I don't recall anyone saying anything that wasn't apparent for all to see with regards his weaknesses. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

ummmm......what about those reflex saves?

49 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No doubts he's been good for Palace in the Prem but so is Duffy for Brighton I think similar to strikers and their service at centre half a lot depends on what's around you and who manages you and the style of play the team has, he obviously suited Palaces for a while.

He was at Rovers as a stepping stone just to get fit and get a move and his form reflected that he was dire at first then perked up when fully fit and being scouted by other clubs.  I was never keen on the body language of him at Rovers so i'd be passing on having him back for his wages I think there's others out there less tainted.

• Like 3