BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Interesting site. Ya, not great reading about him there. I would say his stats are considerably better for the rest of his career though. Would you agree? 

Obviously yeah, but I think theres a common assumption that experience brings command of a penalty area which isnt always true, and Carson for all his experience isnt great in that area. Like I said, wouldnt be top of my list by any means. Ruddy would be there or thereabouts.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If the likes of Buckley, Butterworth or Magloire are good enough then they will get into the first team regardless of the age of other players.

Yes, but if you have a plan, bring their mentor (Jonty) into the first team set up and explain that plan then those players understand your belief in them and can work towards a holistic plan.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously yeah, but I think theres a common assumption that experience brings command of a penalty area which isnt always true, and Carson for all his experience isnt great in that area. Like I said, wouldnt be top of my list by any means. Ruddy would be there or thereabouts.

Ruddy would be my first choice too, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Carson. Of all of them, Hart would be my last choice to be honest. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17773682.expected-feature-rovers-mansfield-rfiendly/

This LT article mentions Carson is one of a number of options being considered. It also says we could sign two keepers, and are considering going overseas, getting a premier league loanee, or a young up-and-comer.

• Like 1

Chapman still injured I see. 

Williams and bell both injured too. 

Ya, I think we need a left back. If Bell does get injured I really don't want to see Williams there again. 

Two keepers would be good. As long as one is permanent. A young premier league loan to compete with Carson or Ruddy 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

And nor were Downing, Reed, Palmer volunteering either. 

It depends on who the new keeper is and on what terms he is brought in before I hail it as successful business.

As it stands with the season 3 weeks away we've weakened what was already a leaky defence, sold off our keeper and not replaced him. Let's wait and see what happens  but a short term loan to plus the gaps will not be acceptable. 

Why? As long as the problem is cured I don't care how it's achieved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

If Carson can kick a ball in a straight line and catch a cross every now and then, then he’s an upgrade on Raya. End of. 

The worst post to ever be upvoted on here (and that’s saying something). Are you forgetting what the most important attribute is for a keeper to have?

• Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

It will absolutely be acceptable so long as the players we bring in are better than the ones we have / have replaced AND there is a long term plan to move the excellent young players we have into the first team. People’s obsession with owning players is so outdated. Let’s plug a gap with a better player ??

• Like 1

While I appreciate the recruitment in the other areas...

We ended the season with an absolute desperate need for a brand new defence.

Now, 2 weeks before match day...we have recruited absolutely no one in defence; we have actually lost defenders;.....and we have lost our main goalkeeper, with no replacement yet.

What in the hell is the plan.

• Like 5

Just now, rigger said:

Because it isn't sustainable. The manager himself has said in the past that plugging gaps with loans isn't the way he wants to do it. We get to January or next summer and it all starts over again. 

We wont spend money because we've used it up on Gallagher but it would be nice to treat the defence as seriously as we are treating the attack. 

Selling academy products under long term contract and replacing them with other clubs loans is not sensible nor sustainable. It's trying to solve problems on the cheap because we've this weird obsession with not paying for anyone in those positions.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not us, but interesting

• Sheffield Wednesday striker Lucas Joao has reportedly handed the club a transfer request after offers from two rival Championship sides fell below the club's valuation.

Asking £8m for him - ouch!

Makes Gally look a bargain.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Russ said:

Asking £8m for him - ouch!

Makes Gally look a bargain.

Can't imagine anyone paying that for him. A decent Championship striker but that's about it.

• Like 1