BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because it isn't sustainable. The manager himself has said in the past that plugging gaps with loans isn't the way he wants to do it. We get to January or next summer and it all starts over again. 

We wont spend money because we've used it up on Gallagher but it would be nice to treat the defence as seriously as we are treating the attack. 

Selling academy products under long term contract and replacing them with other clubs loans is not sensible nor sustainable. It's trying to solve problems on the cheap because we've this weird obsession with not paying for anyone in those positions.

Ya that Tyrone Mings loan wasn't very sustainable for Villa at all. What were they thinking?! What Mowbray said about loans was that you don't want most of your team made up of them. You are misquoting him there.

"we won't spend money" of course we wont in your opinion, because you always find a way to spin that we haven't. You were saying the same thing all last summer. Have you not learnt your lesson?? ?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, JHRover said:

Because it isn't sustainable. The manager himself has said in the past that plugging gaps with loans isn't the way he wants to do it. We get to January or next summer and it all starts over again. 

We wont spend money because we've used it up on Gallagher but it would be nice to treat the defence as seriously as we are treating the attack. 

Selling academy products under long term contract and replacing them with other clubs loans is not sensible nor sustainable. It's trying to solve problems on the cheap because we've this weird obsession with not paying for anyone in those positions.

How do you know we won’t spend money because we’ve bought Gallagher, you said we wouldn’t spend a few mil on anyone this window, but we did, you said there was no money before we bought Bereton, there was, like your recent post says, , let’s see what happens when the window shuts, then we can make our minds up.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Goalkeeper in this week barring any last min complications, some will be happy, some won’t. Nature of the position, it’s hard to please everyone.

i think it’s an upgrade on raya personally, can see the logic 

Since it will divide opinions I guess it is either Carson or Hart. Seems everyone is happy with Ruddy, so not gonna be him.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not us, but interesting

• Sheffield Wednesday striker Lucas Joao has reportedly handed the club a transfer request after offers from two rival Championship sides fell below the club's valuation.

They value him at 8m apparently in that market is Gallagher overpriced? 

• J*B featured this topic
Just now, Swanson said:

Since it will divide opinions I guess it is either Carson or Hart. Seems everyone is happy with Ruddy, so not gonna be him.

It'll be Carson.

Just seems to be a perfect fit for Mowbray.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The manager may have said it is not the way he wants to do it.But it may be his best option 

Just now, JayDee said:

I think you're right. My money on Carson

If its carson and then the Raya money spent on a centre half and a winger on loan then that would be okay. 

4 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Perhaps the keeper is Joe Hart. The Times today says he can leave on a free transfer.

Im sure he’ll have plenty of offers and his wages will be high but I would be really pleased if it was him.

Oh, tony; No-o-o-o-o-oo!!!

Were you the umpire in the chair that afternoon at Wimbledon whom John McEnroe informed, "You cannot be serious, man!"???

Why on earth would we - would any team - want to sign the true successor to Robert Green?! Please let him not be what our grandfathers said about the GIs during the later years of World War 2: "overpaid and over here"!

• Like 2

Just now, AAK said:

If its carson and then the Raya money spent on a centre half and a winger on loan then that would be okay. 

Have we not already spent more than the Raya money on Gallagher though? 

Just now, m1st said:

Oh, tony; No-o-o-o-o-oo!!!

Were you the umpire in the chair that afternoon at Wimbledon whom John McEnroe informed, "You cannot be serious, man!"???

Why on earth would we - would any team - want to sign the true successor to Robert Green?! Please let him not be what our grandfathers said about the GIs during the later years of World War 2: "overpaid and over here"!

Spot on. It seems madness to me to replace a promising up and coming young keeper with an older keeper on loan who you're only going to have to replace again in 12 months anyway.

Nevertheless the saving grace is that if it's anyone else but Hart the sense of relief would be massive.

I wouldn't call that dodging a  bullet so much as a bazooka.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on. It seems madness to me to replace a promising up and coming young keeper with an older keeper on loan who you're only going to have to replace again in 12 months anyway.

Nevertheless the saving grace is that if it's anyone else but Hart the sense of relief would be massive.

I wouldn't call that dodging a  bullet so much as a bazooka.

I’d rather bring Peter Enckleman out of retirement than bring Joe Hart in. 

40 minutes ago, Swanson said:

If he’s got the name right, seemed confident he has, so you could be right.

Just now, Butty said:

Correct.

And people forgetting Tony saying we would probably need to sell a dack.

Expecting one decent money player out to fund the defender / keeper we need.

One from Travis, Dack or Evans sure to leave. Just waiting to see who.

9 hours ago, OssyLad said:

Bid in for Dann I’ve heard, not sure how true it is. Just been told 

Hoping not, lad did not want to be here last time.  Never seen a new signing look so down in the mouth in his first interview. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Christ, I’m far from Hart’s biggest fan but some of the criticism of him on here is ridiculous.

Its ridiculous....probably the same people who criticised when we got Friedel after his Liverpool days and Robinson after Spurs. People need to realise we are a bottom half Championship side. Getting Joe Hart in would be a great piece of business.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

I knew someone would say that lol. Well if we are going off facts, waggott and mowbray have both said "similar budget to last season". Last season we spent on deals WORTH, 7mil in BB and 3mil in Arma, and we apparently had some left for january but didnt use it. Therefore if we are going off that, then no we havent spent it and should still have a few quid spare pal. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

The manager may have said it is not the way he wants to do it.But it may be his best option 

After he's laid out 10 million on two centre forwards neither of whom are likely to start games? No, not having that.

• Like 1