BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If Hart was as good as many mooted on here, surely he would have prem teams lining him up? The fact that he has fallen so far in the last few years is worrying. Yeah, he has had a good career previously but the last few have been pretty bad. Carson, again, good keeper on his day but being released/sold by a club we are aspiring to compete with next season for top 6 and as somebody showed earlier, was statistically whe worst keeper in the league last season.

Get a little tired of people having a go at others for being underwhelmed or not in agreement with a signing.

I would have rather preserved with Raya than those two above tbh. Adrian, Ruddy, Martinez on the other hand - would be definite upgrades and a safer bet in my opinion.

And comparisons with Friedal are quite hilarious. He was not a previously top class goalkeeper that was in freefall. He struggled at Liverpool - that was it. Hart has been shite every where he has been since City.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, briansol said:

You are less reliant on making reflex saves if you can claim the cross before it drops to an attacker. When I played as a centre back, I'd always prefer to have keeper who talked and dominated the area, to the one with better reflexes who was glued to the line. 

Well that's true.. So Gordon Banks' save didn't signify?

Obviously there's room and necessity for both!

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Correct.

And people forgetting Tony saying we would probably need to sell a dack.

Expecting one decent money player out to fund the defender / keeper we need.

One from Travis, Dack or Evans sure to leave. Just waiting to see who.

Apologies if you're ITK, but this post reads like pure guess work. Have you actually heard this from someone reliable?

1 hour ago, AAK said:

I knew someone would say that lol. Well if we are going off facts, waggott and mowbray have both said "similar budget to last season". Last season we spent on deals WORTH, 7mil in BB and 3mil in Arma, and we apparently had some left for january but didnt use it. Therefore if we are going off that, then no we havent spent it and should still have a few quid spare pal. 

I hope you’re right mate ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Well that's true.. So Gordon Banks' save didn't signify?

Obviously there's room and necessity for both!

Of course. I still think Raya is a great keeper who would excel in a less physical league, even in the Premier League.

Since our defence is less than commanding I would like to see a big unit brought in who will shout and claim the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

Of course. I still think Raya is a great keeper who would excel in a less physical league, even in the Premier League.

Since our defence is less than commanding I would like to see a big unit brought in who will shout and claim the ball. 

We all do but some of us would have kept Raya in reserve. Guess the money wasn't there.

Just now, briansol said:

John Barton the Wigan pie-eater was the biggest unit I've seen in the Rovers goals - but he was also the worst goalkeeper I've seen too.

Seriously, we've had some very fine goalkeepers over the years - Jones, Arnold, Gennoe, Mimms. Bradshaw, Flowers, Friedel to name a few - and we badly need another if we're to have any chance of getting in the top 6.

There must be a very good goalkeeper out there without having to resort to has-beens such as Hart and Carson. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

John Barton the Wigan pie-eater was the biggest unit I've seen in the Rovers goals - but he was also the worst goalkeeper I've seen too.

Seriously, we've had some very fine goalkeepers over the years - Jones, Arnold, Gennoe, Mimms. Bradshaw, Flowers, Friedel to name a few - and we badly need another if we're to have any chance of getting in the top 6.

There must be a very good goalkeeper out there without having to resort to has-beens such as Hart and Carson. 

If we can we should be chasing Martinez on loan from Arsenal with a view to buy if possible. Was superb for reading on loan last year 

• Backroom

I don’t think Raya, Hart or Carson would have much variance on the points total at the end of the season, truth be told we haven’t had a keeper worth a good few extra points since the days of Friedel.

I’d be fine with either, not over the moon but fine enough 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

"Ay ay, ay ay, Barton is better than Yashin

Douglas is better than Eusebio and Burnley are in for a thrashing"

If he was better than Yashin he can't have been that bad

• Like 3

Just now, Tormund said:

Couldn’t tell, make it more obvious macho man.

Wasn’t getting personal, only called you big man because I presumed you named yourself Tormund after Tormund Giantsbane from Game Of Thrones. If not and it’s your actual name then I’m jealous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've had Burnley fans tell me the same thing.

I doubt it though. Hart played top level football for years. Being quiet isn't an attribute of a keeper.

This is what surprises me most about their feedback; I always had Hart down as a bit mouthy if anything. He was always far too pumped up coming out of the tunnel that’s for sure. 

Anyway, I reckon it’s Carson who is coming in.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

Wasn’t getting personal, only called you big man because I presumed you named yourself Tormund after Tormund Giantsbane from Game Of Thrones. If not and it’s your actual name then I’m jealous.

We have had some great in goal. I remember some mistakes in games from Darren Collier and Matt Dickins. Anyone remember them clowns

• Like 1