BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

My dingle mates told me that he really didn’t communicate with the defence and that’s what they were used to with Heaton and that was his undoing. 

Maybe those dingle defenders had too many fingers in ears.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Butty said:

Wasn’t getting personal, only called you big man because I presumed you named yourself Tormund after Tormund Giantsbane from Game Of Thrones. If not and it’s your actual name then I’m jealous.

Apologies if it seemed I was being arsey. Yes Tormund the legend Giantsbane!

• Like 4

Just now, Gary C said:

We have had some great in goal. I remember some mistakes in games from Darren Collier and Matt Dickins. Anyone remember them clowns

I remember watching a reserve game with Matt Dickins playing in goal.  He could shout "Clear your lines" really loud! and repeatedly.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Don't recall saying we wouldn't spend this summer. Either way it doesn't look like we have spent this summer given the figures quoted on here with Raya.

Come on lads, think! The likes of Downing, Johnson and Gallagher aren’t on peanuts like last years lot. The incoming keeper and defender will also prob come ar a premium. Just because we haven’t spent loads on fees doesn’t mean the budget isn’t being eaten up!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gary C said:

We have had some great in goal. I remember some mistakes in games from Darren Collier and Matt Dickins. Anyone remember them clowns

Collier was a good goalkeeper and getting better until I suggested such to my mate. Then all of a sudden he started making mistakes and his career went downhill from then on.

Sorry Darren. I should have kept my big gob shut.

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It'll be Carson.

Just seems to be a perfect fit for Mowbray.

Quite likely because Carson was signed by Mowbray at WBA and he generally only ever brings in players from his previous clubs. The scouting dept is superfluous and, judging from the BB signing, useless.

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Maybe those dingle defenders had too many fingers in ears.

I’m not saying it’s impossible that Burnley fans were talking rubbish, but it’s just what a few have said...

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

"Only ever brings in players from his previous clubs."

Dack, Rothwell, Gallagher, Johnson.  

To be fair, the quote was ‘he generally only ever brings in players from his previous clubs’.

He has also managed Gallagher before, only at his current club....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Definitely don't want to see Scott Dann banking his money here. He left me with bad memories - attitude issues.

Don't mind Hart or Ruddy.

The guy lost a bollock for the club. If that's not commitment, nothing is ?

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

John Barton the Wigan pie-eater was the biggest unit I've seen in the Rovers goals - but he was also the worst goalkeeper I've seen too.

Seriously, we've had some very fine goalkeepers over the years - Jones, Arnold, Gennoe, Mimms. Bradshaw, Flowers, Friedel to name a few - and we badly need another if we're to have any chance of getting in the top 6.

There must be a very good goalkeeper out there without having to resort to has-beens such as Hart and Carson. 

I'd take pretty much any keeper we had on the books in the 90s over what we've had in recent years.

3 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Its ridiculous....probably the same people who criticised when we got Friedel after his Liverpool days and Robinson after Spurs. People need to realise we are a bottom half Championship side. Getting Joe Hart in would be a great piece of business.

True, nearly every player we sign has some flaw or other although Hart would never turn out to be a Friedel whilst there's a hole in his arse but he could be a Robbo who wasn't bad for a while until the bad back etc caught up with him.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

John Barton the Wigan pie-eater was the biggest unit I've seen in the Rovers goals - but he was also the worst goalkeeper I've seen too.

Seriously, we've had some very fine goalkeepers over the years - Jones, Arnold, Gennoe, Mimms. Bradshaw, Flowers, Friedel to name a few - and we badly need another if we're to have any chance of getting in the top 6.

There must be a very good goalkeeper out there without having to resort to has-beens such as Hart and Carson. 

Only saw John Barton once , against Workington in the League Cup I think, my first night game ...We won 2 nil....I think Blacklaw was injured in early 1971 ...

Edited by Waggy76

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

fraser Forster for me

Rumour has it he's had a nervous breakdown. Supposedly head and shoulders above Gunn and McCarthy in training but isn't able to reproduce it on a match day. How true that is I have no idea. But I think there's probably good reason he hasn't moved on before now. That said, if I was sat on a contract of £70k per week I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to move.

• Like 1

Ruddy was mentioned in an earlier post. He has always done ok in championship. Looked good at Wolves when they went up from championship before they signed Patricio. He would be a good buy unless hes happy benchwarming in premier league. Could command big wages though

• Like 1

I remember when I was a lot younger watching Mark Grew I think he was called in a few Rovers games he was another keeper who I remember as being good think he was on loan from somewhere cant remember were from

Just now, Gary C said:

I remember when I was a lot younger watching Mark Grew I think he was called in a few Rovers games he was another keeper who I remember as being good think he was on loan from somewhere cant remember were from

Port Vale

• Like 1