BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Actually not a defender, it’s a winger looked at that can be converted into a wingback but wages are stumbling block to that one, less than 20% chance of happening. Fell out of favour and on the bench tonight 

Of course it is.

• Like 2

Just now, unsall said:

Yep think that rules Ruddy and Hart out, Carson looking  favourite.

I asked my contact about Carson, an unequivocal "nah" was the response.

Guess we'll see what happens and if I bother posting their info again ?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I asked my contact about Carson, an unequivocal "nah" was the response.

Guess we'll see what happens and if I bother posting his info again ?

Intriguing, let’s hope the mystery man is revealed soon.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Actually not a defender, it’s a winger looked at that can be converted into a wingback but wages are stumbling block to that one, less than 20% chance of happening. Fell out of favour and on the bench tonight 

Of course. Of course it's someone who can be converted to another position. Why did I allow myself to think we might sign someone for their actual position, let alone be focussing now on our most critical area of need?

So I take it we are really looking at playing a 3-5-2 using wingbacks? Even more important to sign more centre halves.

• Like 3

If we’re playing wing backs then fucking Lord help us please. 

We have 1 decent CB, and he used to be a midfielder, never mind 3. 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

If we’re playing wing backs then fucking Lord help us please. 

We have 1 decent CB, and he used to be a midfielder, never mind 3. 

Unless the plan is to play mulgrew in a kind of sweeper role letting him play out from the back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

If we are after a potential wing back then we must be looking to revert to 3 at the back...

I don't envy whoever our new GK is if that's the case.

Every time I have seen us play 3 of the back it's been a mess.

It would be classic TM if we went all through pre season playing 4231/433 and went 3 at the back against Charlton though.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I don't envy whoever our new GK is if that's the case.

Every time I have seen us play 3 of the back it's been a mess.

It would be classic TM if we went all through pre season playing 4231/433 and went 3 at the back against Charlton though.

With Damian Johnson now on board with first team, think it will be 3 at the back.

• Like 2

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Unless the plan is to play mulgrew in a kind of sweeper role letting him play out from the back. 

Bad plan.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17777347.rovers-transfer-news-keeper-search-nearing-end/

“The defensive area of the team could do with some competition and some bodies added and we’ll try and do that.”

Bit different to the whole better players are coming in as the current players haven’t been good enough quote a couple of months back.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17777347.rovers-transfer-news-keeper-search-nearing-end/

“The defensive area of the team could do with some competition and some bodies added and we’ll try and do that.”

Bit different to the whole better players are coming in as the current players haven’t been good enough quotes a couple of months back.

That worried me too but at least hes trying to bring in more than 1 defender. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Some bodies’? Bit different to the whole better players are coming in as the current players haven’t been good enough quote a couple of months back.

You mean the "I had no defence, defenders are coming" comment. I liked that, but that was bit over the top, and pretty uncommon for Mowbray. He has always been "creating more competition" kind of guy like today. A bit more tactical and political. 

Remains to be seen, we need depth and strength so good to hear they are digging up bodies :)

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bit different to the whole better players are coming in as the current players haven’t been good enough quote a couple of months back.

Sounds like the defenders will need to be in the next window. 

"Every window is an opportunity. You have so much to spend and then you work with your team and when the next window comes we’ll still be looking to strengthen."

Adam playing and scoring (which we never do from midfield) but saying no interest in giving a contract... begs the question then... WHY is he playing ?

Money has run out because nobody is interested in signing our dead wood (who someone gave new contracts to) or a dack so its a keeper and thats your lot.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue