BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Gutted for Davenport

Hopefully the injury to Davenport is not too serious. Not much information on what broke

Player with history of injuries injured again. Chapman, another player with a history of injuries, is also injured again.

Why do we sign them ?

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I couldn't really work it out but in last night's 4-3-3 you could say that Butterworth was a false 9? Wide forwards cutting in a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone that was there.

I don't mind him trying stuff but this was an absolute disaster last season. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Player with history of injuries injured again. Chapman, another player with a history of injuries, is also injured again.

Why do we sign them ?

Chapman is not injured - played last night. 

in the hope that they overcome those injuries? probably reasons why we were able to sign them in the first place

Hope over experience. Some lads are unfortunately very injury prone.

Either way, both players are likely to be a waste of wages and squad numbers

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Why do we sign them ?

Chapman isn’t injured he played yesterday against Macclesfield 

Mowbray has to be the only manager in world football, at any level, that spend circa 15 million on 3 strikers and then comes out and says nobody is playing down the middle. 

The season’s 3 weeks off and I’m already sick of his bullshit press conferences etc trying to sound clever. It’s championship football Tony, whip the ball into the box for your strikers and Dack to get on the end of.

Anyone else bored/unimpressed by Mowbray's talk of 'changing the style' of our play? 

I'd just like us to get the basics right. Have a solid defence and a settled, well organised team where everyone knows their jobs inside out. 

This talk of changing things and moving people around fills me with dread when I look at Mowbray's background and this squad.

I don't think it is clever or exciting to try and shoehorn players into different positions or to try and 'outwit' the opposition with attempts at various systems. Just a manager and team with a clear defined style of play and organisation will do for me.

I think Mowbray sees himself as some sort of innovator. He can certainly overthink things. The success stories in this league are usually built on managers with a clear set way of playing who recruit for that purpose and coach their players to know it like the back of their hands.

I don't have much faith in that here.

I still think Mowbray has this underlying obsession with playing 5 defenders and last night shows that with Hart and Rankin Costello being groomed for those positions. The problem is every time he's tried it hasn't worked. Yet i still expect we'll get more attempts to the detriment of results. 

I worry some fans will embrace it because some love to see different formations, players and systems put to use. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

Just now, OJRovers said:

Genuine question- I don’t watch them play, so could someone explain how Liverpool’s system works? Seems like Mowbray is try to copy it. 

It’s 433 but with an advanced midfielder. One things for sure though, Liverpool’s front 3 aren’t wingers, they’re all strikers and all play very very central.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Genuine question- I don’t watch them play, so could someone explain how Liverpool’s system works? Seems like Mowbray is try to copy it. 

Yeah, the long and short of it is they have better players who are much quicker at pressing from the front than us. It won't work. 

isn't this Graham down the middle?

I am thinking we must have someone stood there? I just don't get any of the new tactic talk to be fair

I am calling the new tactic the Mowbray special

lineup.png

Edited by CambridgeRover

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

So if no one is playing "down the middle" are we going to have  4-3-3 with Brereton on the right, Graham in the middle and Gallgher on the left plus a midfiled of Dack, Travis and Johnson?

Sounds good doesn't it

isn't this Graham down the middle?

I think Graham will be more and more plan b / sub if we were to do that.

Will be someone more mobile - not a target man (which I think TM means)

Rothwell/Breo - Gallagher - Armstrong/Rothwell

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I think Graham will be more and more plan b / sub if we were to do that.

Will be someone more mobile - not a target man (which I think TM means)

Rothwell/Breo - Gallagher - Armstrong/Rothwell

all to be revealed in a couple of weeks' time. playing newly promoted Addicks, we should get off to a good start

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

1A747151-9498-4650-AC55-389F27C2A65B.png

This could be taken a few ways. To me it just says “less knock downs from DG” but I’m quite convinced that if we need to do that to pick points up, we will. 

Surely (like the transfer window), the judgement of any new formation or style comes during and after performances?

Rather than having any emotional response to a line of dialogue from someone interviewed several times a week, sometimes numerous times of day?

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

... It's all going a bit Grella for Davenport.

I know what you mean, S8 &; but it's a wicked way of expressing your sympathy for the poor lad!??

At least you didn't compare him with Darren Anderson!

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I am thinking we must have someone stood there? I just don't get any of the new tactic talk to be fair

I am calling the new tactic the Mowbray special

lineup.png

The Inverse Mighty Ducks tactics

• Like 1