BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, toogs said:

Yes, a complete abortion of a match tactically by Mowbray. In front of 5K away fans. Shameful and embarrasing.

Somehow it was even worse in the next match against Wigan.

I was there too. It was awful. Mowbray was 100% at fault because the team was set up to play to a big guy and then he withdrew the big guy...which made no sense! It would be like Klopp setting up as he does and then sending direct balls into Firmino. 

The difference now (if we’re going down that route) is that the team will be no longer set up to hit those direct balls but to progress into the pockets and play higher up the pitch..

• Like 1

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Is he ready? I read that he's a real talent but I also read that he was totally out of his depth at Hillsborough.

They think he might be ready mate. Impressing in preseason. I hope they do trust him. Still have Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Downing, Evans and Bennett as well as Buckley to play in there. (Not including Smallwood).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Without having read all the debate on the 'nobody through the middle' topic... could it just be as simple as he intends to play 2 upfront rather than 1. As in 2 running the channels instead of Graham up front on his own?

If so,I look forward to it.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I imagine it's an insurance policy. Sell a midfielder or one gets seriously injured and we'll have a vacancy. Keeping him around the place for a few weeks will be loose change if we quickly need someone to step in and he's already here. 

Sure, that logic applies to Adam. But Butterfield as well? Very excessive, we have a huge surplus of CMs already.

34 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Davenport injury is serious I’d push Buckley up rather than buy Adam personally

Agreed, our central midfield only has room for one up and coming youth player on the fringes. I was already wondering which of Davenport and Buckley was going to fill that role of periodically coming off the bench trying to make their mark.

That said, I don't know how much Buckley will benefit from a few cameos. A large part of me says he'd be best out on loan til January.

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You can't be married. 

Oh I certainly am.

However, unless she was the main breadwinner which is highly doubtful considering what footballers earn, it would be me calling the shots on which football club id be signing for. After some tactile negotiations of course :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gary C said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/993165352?-11198:839

More on potential Carson move

I would rather raya over this chap... hes old and poo. Not rated him for years. Seems like an easy option to me, we have struggled to afford anyone and hes going for a has been that's never going to get better but only get worse and is cheap and mowbary used to have him at WBA back in 2008.

Not For Me.

• Like 5

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

I would rather raya over this chap... hes old and poo. Not rated him for years. Seems like an easy option to me, we have struggled to afford anyone and hes going for a has been that's never going to get better but only get worse and is cheap and mowbary used to have him at WBA back in 2008.

Not For Me.

Yep he’s my least favourite out of all the names linked. Would much prefer Hart as I still think he has time to turn it around. Preference would be Ruddy ultimately but we don’t seem to have been strongly linked to him at all.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Yer know, Gary Cahill too

Way out of our league, surely. 

Mowbray needs to sign a goalkeeper first and foremost. I haven't seen any names mentioned yet that I would see as an improvement on Raya tbh.

Just now, Torgeir said:

Way out of our league, surely. 

Mowbray needs to sign a goalkeeper first and foremost. I haven't seen any names mentioned yet that I would see as an improvement on Raya tbh.

You will not SEE an improvement until the season actually starts.

37 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Not For Me.

Still better than anything we have right now between the sticks...

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Guys, please grow up and stop the petty bickering.

Basically yeah, what Bruce said. In between working and walking the dog, I’ve not had chance to get on here since lunch time today. 

Please can we stop being dicks, last warning, then there will be warnings and bans next time, which is the last thing we want. We only want a busy message board with different views. 

I’m not sure what it is about this thread, but it certainly brings out the worst in folk!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

Not For Me.

Coincidentally another old Mowbray player he has brought in a few of them. Majority have worked though

Just now, rovers11 said:

James Wilkinson on Twitter: 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan player from Man City arrive at Ewood in the coming days.

Usually very reliable poster. 

Is he? 

• Like 1