BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Twitter saying adarabioyo to us on loan is a possibility. Impressed at West Brom last season.

I’d take that. A keeper or 2 and another more experienced head at CB and we’re good to go.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Twitter saying adarabioyo to us on loan is a possibility. Impressed at West Brom last season.

I’d take that. A keeper or 2 and another more experienced head at CB and we’re good to go.

Best not be David Silva. He's well past it now! Haha. We dream

• Like 2

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

I have a baggies mate who says he's got very good potential. 

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I have a baggies mate who says he's got very good potential. 

6 foot 4, 21, and played a lot at right back I believe last season. Promising.

Getting some young lad on loan best not be the extent of sorting out our defence. If we're signing experienced pro's this summer, this would have been the area I'd have signed one for. Why should this lad come in and stagnate Magloire's progress? I'm not into premier league loans anymore. What's the point in having a grade 1 academy if we're just going to loan in young players from other clubs?

• Like 5

The loan market being used for someone like this is fine.

I also have a good friend who's a WBA ST holder and he's just text me back saying "he's brilliant mate, would have loved for him to come back here, can't be long until he's a premier league player".

The thing is though, is he really going to play instead of club captain Mulgrew on a regular basis? Or instead of club favourite Bennett at right back?

I can't see it.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Hopefully he's not the only defender.  

I think he will be.

My hope is that we don’t start against Charlton with Leutwiler or Fisher in goal.

Don't know the kid, but his 'CV' sounds solid enough to me. Height, played 36 times for a play off side, and operates at RB or CB.

Shame it's only a loan (though as ever we'll see if that ends up permanent one day, we're very into signing former loanees these days), and he's a little young, but if we could also permanently sign a decent, experienced head (someone in the 25-30 age range would probably be ideal) at centre half, I'd be fairly happy with our defensive reinforcements. Someone who is primarily a centre half, but can also do a decent job at LB, like a (much) better Williams, would cover us nicely in all areas.

As well as a goalie or two of course. Then you could shut the window as far as I'm concerned, unless we sell someone.

Just now, Stuart said:

I think he will be.

My hope is that we don’t start against Charlton with Leutwiler or Fisher in goal.

I'm not sure why you seem to think this is actually a possibility mate. I know we can't always put full faith in what TM says, but the fact he has said we might even get two keepers and he expects to make announcements in the next couple of days...it's very hard to imagine we won't have a goalie in before Charlton. I'm 99.9% sure. Don't worry on that front - just worry about how good they'll be.

Just now, Neal said:

Getting some young lad on loan best not be the extent of sorting out our defence. If we're signing experienced pro's this summer, this would have been the area I'd have signed one for. Why should this lad come in and stagnate Magloire's progress? I'm not into premier league loans anymore. What's the point in having a grade 1 academy if we're just going to loan in young players from other clubs?

In a general sense, yeh I agree. But this isn't an untested lad in this league, like our own defenders currently are (beyond a couple of cameos). He played 36 games for a play-off side. This has to be seen as a positive move for the short-term, whilst Magloire etc get up to speed through further training and cameos. It's not like we currently have tons of experienced CBs, he should still get a few chances. Maybe he'll take them.

If he hadn't played 36 games for a play-off side last season I'd agree with you. He's also a little older, and clearly further in his development than Magloire. He's even played 4 Champions League games, think Downing is the only person in our whole squad who can beat that? Yeh I know they'll have been against lesser lights most likely, but it's still good experience. He covers two positions too, which is exactly what I hoped for.

Link to the article, as I don't think it's been posted yet here: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17780476.rovers-eye-move-manchester-city-youngster-adarabioyo/

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

Good in our first meeting against them, struggled against an in-form Rothwell in the second one.

Who wouldn't though, to be fair. Outside of Premiership players of course.

• Like 2

we wee with the willy we have, is that not the case?

I can only think its a good addition at centre back or right back. If he is there for a season he has the chance to cement his spot all season until we play City at Wembley in the FA Cup final !

Keeper wise, any of Carson or Hart are not coming here for the cash, both have made significant cash from the game and in their own world it really plays no part in decision making, its about game time only.

Squad building up nicely in my opinion, cant wait to see how we go at Rangers on Sunday

Just now, Stuart said:

I think he will be.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm not sure why you seem to think this is actually a possibility mate. I know we can't always put full faith in what TM says, but the fact he has said we might even get two keepers and he expects to make announcements in the next couple of days...it's very hard to imagine we won't have a goalie in before Charlton. I'm 99.9% sure. Don't worry on that front - just worry about how good they'll be.

Frustrating why we can't get a keeper in sooner. I've heard about " ....make announcements in the next couple of days..." but then radio lancs say tonight it could next week. Just hope the officials doing the business are aware we start season two weeks on Saturday.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Frustrating why we can't get a keeper in sooner. I've heard about " ....make announcements in the next couple of days..." but then radio lancs say tonight it could next week. Just hope the officials doing the business are aware we start season two weeks on Saturday.

Aye I was thinking myself earlier today that the next couple of days might be what TM hopes for (he didn't say it'd definitely be that soon, and pointed out things can change), but that I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until Monday or Tuesday to wrap up. We never seem to get business done in the time frames we think we will. The sooner the better, so they can gel quicker, but I won't be massively concerned as long as it happens before Charlton.