BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Adarabioyo on loan would be a decent signing to add depth and options, but we are still in dire need of an aerially dominant leader at centre half. Signing one looks less likely as time goes on... I believe wholeheartedly Mowbray wants one, just as I believe Venky’s won’t sanction it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not sure why you seem to think this is actually a possibility mate. I know we can't always put full faith in what TM says, but the fact he has said we might even get two keepers and he expects to make announcements in the next couple of days...it's very hard to imagine we won't have a goalie in before Charlton. I'm 99.9% sure. Don't worry on that front - just worry about how good they'll be.

Let’s see.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Frustrating why we can't get a keeper in sooner. I've heard about " ....make announcements in the next couple of days..." but then radio lancs say tonight it could next week. Just hope the officials doing the business are aware we start season two weeks on Saturday.

Its mostly about India, I'm sure of it

• Like 2

Had a look for a bit more info on the lad. He had 2 assists last season. He seems to be on a £25,000 a week contract at City. Fortunately they have so much money they don't seem to care about subsidising wages, hopefully very heavily in this case. I suppose if we do look to sign him in future, this may be a bit of a stumbling block, though Armstrong and Gallagher have both taken pay cuts to come here after enjoying themselves on loan.

He's nearing 22 (September) and has a single England U-19 cap (as well as more appearances at the younger levels). His Champions League appearances were a full 90 minutes against Celtic in the group stages in 2016, a full 90 against Shakhtar in the group stages in 2017, a 1-minute cameo against Basel in the last 16 and 30 minutes against Steaua in the qualifiers in 2016. Last season was his first loan.

This article 10 days ago questioned whether he might be ready to properly join the city squad as a backup/rotation player.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone know what's happened to the Lithuanian kid whether he signed on a permanent?

Good question. I can't seem to find an answer from googling. Transfermarket seems to think he belongs to us, but I doubt they follow players at his level too closely.

He is still on the Rovers Academy squad profiles. The bio there makes no mention of it being a loan, although that was definitely reported at the time. Maybe it got quietly tied up behind the scenes a while back?

The standard of Championship football is so poor that if this guy is on the verge of the Man City squad he's going to be light years better than anything we've got on the books. At 6'4" you'd hope he's good in the air - which was our main weakness at the back last year. 

Get in a reliable keeper who commands his area and the defence is improved immeasurably from last season. 

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Had a look for a bit more info on the lad. He had 2 assists last season. He seems to be on a £25,000 a week contract at City. Fortunately they have so much money they don't seem to care about subsidising wages, hopefully very heavily in this case. I suppose if we do look to sign him in future, this may be a bit of a stumbling block, though Armstrong and Gallagher have both taken pay cuts to come here after enjoying themselves on loan.

He's nearing 22 (September) and has a single England U-19 cap (as well as more appearances at the younger levels). His Champions League appearances were a full 90 minutes against Celtic in the group stages in 2016, a full 90 against Shakhtar in the group stages in 2017, a 1-minute cameo against Basel in the last 16 and 30 minutes against Steaua in the qualifiers in 2016. Last season was his first loan.

This article 10 days ago questioned whether he might be ready to properly join the city squad as a backup/rotation player.

He’s 6’5 that’s encouraging enough for me

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Imagine ?

"Oh ee oh, we've got Richie Smallwood, oh ee oh, he's the king of the City of Manchester Stadium"

For this reason and this reason only, that won't happen.

Edited by bluebruce