BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Not sure how I feel about this, felt that we were needing experience beside Lenihan so would be disappointing if this is our only signing.

West Brom fans seem very unimpressed by him, although are quite insistent that he must play centrally.

Hope hes one of a few additions in defence, sure hes an upgrade on Mulgrew and Williams.

Just now, Biz said:

Classic Daily Mail “how dare black people be successful”

Where does it mention his race?

The story is a fine illustration of the excesses at the top end of football whereby a young player, one who has never even played first team football, has at the age of 20 riches that most people can only dream about.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it wrong and abhorrent and one of the many reasons older fans are turning away from football. 

• Like 7

Just now, Biz said:

Classic Daily Mail “how dare black people be successful”

It's not always racist - the fact a 21 year old can buy a £2m mansion is absurd when he's not a household name. 

But football is out of control, we all know this. 

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Spot the difference

F2246818-EE1E-4985-99F1-0A11773527AA.jpeg

Anyway - on topic...

Hope he’s as good in the air as his height would suggest. Seen clips and is pretty tidy with the ball as you’d expect

@jim mk2 @Exiled_Rover

Cheers S8- see above. I agree it’s obscene and off putting to think they earn so much - but I’m talking about the wording + motivation for choosing the specific footballer! 

• Like 5

Just now, jim mk2 said:

There is no difference - just a different angle on the same theme, that of young footballers with too much money

Jim, I've been around here long enough to know that you are smarter than that. 

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

There is no difference - just a different angle on the same theme, that of young footballers with too much money

There shouldn’t be a difference... actually it shouldn’t be reported at all but that’s another matter.

The difference is the emotive response those headlines are trying to stimulate:

a) Outrageous! What a spoiled brat!

b) What a nice generous lad!

• Like 8

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Ok @jim mk2

Moving on...

Still would like an experienced CB too tbh

Martin Skrtel was mentioned in here couple of days ago , if we do play 3 at back I wouldnt want to be a forward against  him  Lenighan and the 7 footer 

Edited by AJW
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

And the difference in angle is because of what? Not their team, not their age, not their position...

• Like 2

Just now, AJW said:

Martin Skrtel was mentioned in here couple of days ago , if we do play 3 at back I wouldnt want to be a forward against  him  Lenighan and the 7 footer 

No way is Skrtel coming.

Just now, AJW said:

7 foot 2 at the last measure

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

There shouldn’t be a difference... actually it shouldn’t be reported at all but that’s another matter.

The difference is the emotive response those headlines are trying to stimulate:

a) Outrageous! What a spoiled brat!

b) What a nice generous lad!

Spot on.  

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

7 foot 2 at the last measure

Lad should be bigger than Blackpool Tower by the time we play Charlton. By the time the season is over, he'll be bigger than the Burj Kalifah.