BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

53 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Jim, I've been around here long enough to know that you are smarter than that. 

I'm the last one to defend the Mail but if you're insinuating there's a racist undertone to the slant on the stories I think you're wrong. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yes , thought it would be announced today to be honest. Deals are really dragging this summer, modern trend 

Deals may be dragging, but let's be clear about one thing - no-one in Blue and White really wants sloppy seconds, or someone else's cast-off's if we are really serious about building a team that we can get behind. I know we aren't the draw that we were 20 years ago, and that our resources are somewhat less than some feel they need to be, but that doesn't mean we can't build from the back, with quality and steel to address the obvious flaws in last season's machine.

On the goalkeeping front, we can't afford a glass jaw, and you can imagine the speed at which the nay-sayers would ram any association with knuckle-dragging previous employers down the ears of any incumbent between the sticks, should there be less than an astounding return to the form that led to international prominence.

We are a fickle lot, us football fans, Rovers fans just as much as any other, but the reality is we remember results, and if we are getting beaten regularly in games with five or more goals between the teams, heads will go down. We should aim always to score as many as possible, but we can't neglect the need to keep the opposition out of our goal too. For me, a season of hard won 1-0 triumphs would be preferable to a roller coaster ride thrill a minute goal fest with us providing shooting (& scoring) practice for all and sundry.

Sort out the defence, Tony M, and this season might be interesting.

• Like 4

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Exactly. One is looking after his family, the other is being ostentatious and obscene

Yet Sterling looking after his mother is ignored in favour of 'being ostentatious and obscene' without evidence. Funny that.

Look at the state of this 'journalism' ffs:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2018/12/all-times-newspaper-coverage-raheem-sterling-helped-fuel-racism

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Spot the difference

F2246818-EE1E-4985-99F1-0A11773527AA.jpeg

Anyway - on topic...

Hope he’s as good in the air as his height would suggest. Seen clips and is pretty tidy with the ball as you’d expect

One doesn’t deserve the 25k a week but Foden does because he would walk into every other team in the Prem?

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Just a coincidence that black players were featured. There are no young, white players splurging their exorbitant wages. Nothing to see here. 

.......oh really

F2246818-EE1E-4985-99F1-0A11773527AA.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yes , thought it would be announced today to be honest. Deals are really dragging this summer, modern trend 

Still think no 1 choice be announced, or plan B the lad at Rangers, or even both.

50 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Know we have an abundance of mids but Jonny Williams signed for Charlton on a free, he always impressed me, we could’ve done worse 

Do you know how likely the City lad signing is?

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Had a look for a bit more info on the lad. He had 2 assists last season. He seems to be on a £25,000 a week contract at City. Fortunately they have so much money they don't seem to care about subsidising wages, hopefully very heavily in this case. I suppose if we do look to sign him in future, this may be a bit of a stumbling block, though Armstrong and Gallagher have both taken pay cuts to come here after enjoying themselves on loan.

He's nearing 22 (September) and has a single England U-19 cap (as well as more appearances at the younger levels). His Champions League appearances were a full 90 minutes against Celtic in the group stages in 2016, a full 90 against Shakhtar in the group stages in 2017, a 1-minute cameo against Basel in the last 16 and 30 minutes against Steaua in the qualifiers in 2016. Last season was his first loan.

This article 10 days ago questioned whether he might be ready to properly join the city squad as a backup/rotation player.

That article is so bad ? 

Interesting research by yourself on the lad. He must have something about him if Guardiola has given him that game time at his age and is keeping him around. A bit similar to the Reed signing insofar as he also had a solid seasons experience at championship level under his belt. Much better than just signing rookies off Premier league teams. That first season at this level should stand to him. Could be a shrewd bit of business. 

• Like 3

Quite funny watching the estimations of this new CB’s height go up page by page. He’s basically André The Giant by some people’s reckoning. Lol.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Quite funny watching the estimations of this new CB’s height go up page by page. He’s basically André The Giant by some people’s reckoning. Lol.

Get him in between  the sticks...

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rangers GK is plan A? Slightly disappointing for me if so.

No pretty sure he meant we are still on Plan A. The post he was quoting described Foderingham as Plan B, which Bbrovers has also said previously (and that we might sign both).

• Like 4

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rangers GK is plan A? Slightly disappointing for me if so.

No, you’ve read it wrong, Rangers goalie is plan B or as a second goalie, first choice is the unknown plan A, quite a few thinking Carson, but could be anybody ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Hopefully he's not the only defender.  

Couldn't agree more. He could prove to be a very welcome addition, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if he turns out to be our only acquisition for the back 4.

Edited by Give 'Em the Axe

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Couldn't agree more. He could prove to be a very welcome addition, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if he turns out to be our only acquisition or the back 4.

Earlier in the window, Sharpe said that Bauer and a young option were our top priorities. So, am assuming this is our young option and that we're still on for a more experienced CB.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Earlier in the window, Sharpe said that Bauer and a young option were our top priorities. So, am assuming this is our young option and that we're still on for a more experienced CB.

I'd forgotten that. Easily done when there is so much drip feed via twitter, here, and other sources. But yeah, timely reminder. Cheers! Let's hope it comes to fruition.

Interesting day ahead. Adarabioyo is the young loan and Foderingham looks like the ‘other’ keeper being brought in. But that still leaves the no.1 Keeper Target (expected on loan / free) and an experienced CB to be conformed....

The Keeper is reportedly Carson but I think there’s potentially a massive twist here because of how quiet they’re keeping it. Sharpe doesn’t think their first choice is Carson anyway....

The defender has been rumoured to be Dann or Skrtel but again I think this is wide open..

What I am quietly confident about with the targets in mind, the references that TM made about Sheff United and the intro of Jonty into the first team squad is that we are developing into a three at the back with wing backs team. 

RCB - LCB = Adayarabioyo / Nyambe / Lenihan / New / Mulgrew / Williams. 

That leaves Magloire and Grayson to go on loan and play 30 odd games with a view to coming back next season. Wharton isn’t good enough imo.

Wing backs - Bennett / JRC - Bell / Hart

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Interesting day ahead. Adarabioyo is the young loan and Foderingham looks like the ‘other’ keeper being brought in. But that still leaves the no.1 Keeper Target (expected on loan / free) and an experienced CB to be conformed....

The Keeper is reportedly Carson but I think there’s potentially a massive twist here because of how quiet they’re keeping it. Sharpe doesn’t think their first choice is Carson anyway....

The defender has been rumoured to be Dann or Skrtel but again I think this is wide open..

What I am quietly confident about with the targets in mind, the references that TM made about Sheff United and the intro of Jonty into the first team squad is that we are developing into a three at the back with wing backs team. 

That leaves Magloire and Grayson to go on loan and play 30 odd games with a view to coming back next season. Wharton isn’t good enough imo.

Wing backs - Bennett / JRC - Bell / 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Wing backs - Bennett / JRC - Bell / Hart

Hopefully whatever deals that are done will keep the fans happy and make the team stronger