BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

5 hours ago, unsall said:

No, you’ve read it wrong, Rangers goalie is plan B or as a second goalie, first choice is the unknown plan A, quite a few thinking Carson, but could be anybody ?

It's also been said on here that if we bring Foderingham in TM wouldn't be as concerned about bringing in plan A. So Foderingham could potentially be it, which would be disastrous in my view. Not a good enough #1 and nowhere near an upgrade on Raya. Getting a bit concerned now.

Just now, danger19_80 said:

It's also been said on here that if we bring Foderingham in TM wouldn't be as concerned about bringing in plan A. So Foderingham could potentially be it, which would be disastrous in my view. Not a good enough #1 and nowhere near an upgrade on Raya. Getting a bit concerned now.

I think it’s very likely now that we’ll get both. 

But either way, In terms of what we are looking for, Foderingham would absolutely be an upgrade on Raya. Experienced, dominant keeper.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s very likely now that we’ll get both. 

But either way, In terms of what we are looking for, Foderingham would absolutely be an upgrade on Raya. Experienced, dominant keeper.

LT now saying it's one experienced keeper and one younger one to compete, which means if Foderingham does come in, like you say, he'd have to be the experienced one, surely, and then that's your lot on older keepers? I take your point on his ability but when names like Ruddy and Adrian have been banded about being left with Rangers #2 would be a bitter pill imo.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

LT now saying it's one experienced keeper and one younger one to compete, which means if Foderingham does come in, like you say, he'd have to be the experienced one, surely, and then that's your lot on older keepers? I take your point on his ability but when names like Ruddy and Adrian have been banded about being left with Rangers #2 would be a bitter pill imo.

Foderingham is the younger one mate. Defo. ??

• Like 1

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Is the older keeper supposed to be in today?

I reckon it’s Foderingham and Adarabioyo today but they seem confident now about the main keeper too...hopefully all three!? ?

• Like 1

Foderingham is the younger one mate. Defo. ??

He's 28 , so Keeper coming in has got to be in 30's not a problem as I think that's when keepers at their peak , what does slightly concern me ,  If Foderingham is coming surely he knows which other keeper is coming also and he still believes he as a chance of making first team 

Just now, AJW said:

He's 28 , so Keeper coming in has got to be in 30's not a problem as I think that's when keepers at their peak , what does slightly concern me ,  If Foderingham is coming surely he knows which other keeper is coming also and he still believes he as a chance of making first team 

I’d say the incoming keeper is well into his 30’s and expected to have one, max two years in them. Foderingham will be looking to fight that keeper for the number 1 spot. This massively strengthens our GK situation.

For what it’s worth I think Foderingham was the one they wanted to bring in to compete with Raya. He’s very solid and commanding. 

Edited by Paul Mani

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

What I am quietly confident about with the targets in mind, the references that TM made about Sheff United and the intro of Jonty into the first team squad is that we are developing into a three at the back with wing backs team. 

RCB - LCB = Adayarabioyo / Nyambe / Lenihan / New / Mulgrew / Williams. 

That leaves Magloire and Grayson to go on loan and play 30 odd games with a view to coming back next season. Wharton isn’t good enough imo.

Wing backs - Bennett / JRC - Bell / Hart

I really don't mean to sound negative but this fills me with absolute dread, even more baffling that I bet we don't play with this formation throughout pre season.

We have a basic bunch of players, play each one in there CORRECT position where they know there jobs etc and we wont be far off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t particularly rate either Bennett or Bell as out and out fullbacks but I do think they’re both very well suited as wing backs tbh. 

But neither can cross a ball, which isnt good for a position that is essentially a winger, neither of them good at breaking forward either, they wouldnt be good wing backs in my opinion mate. JRC may be though. Nyambe is a decent full back, good at breaking and has pace but soon plays back to defence if he cant beat a man, also cant cross a ball either. However maybe nyambe and bell were slightly reluctant with two poor centre backs last season, maybe theyll play with more freedom this season.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Just now, BG1492 said:

Charlie Adam just been on Talksport. They asked him about his future and he said he hopes something will be sorted within the next week, “few clubs interested”.

There are, Blackpool for one. Think he could do a job for us for a season and with Davenport potentially injured for a while - a spot might have just opened up for him.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Why did we not let Leutwiler go at the end of last season if we're essentially bringing in Foderingham to fill his position anyway? 

They triggered his contract after Raya asked to leave. Just to back themselves up. Fully expect him to leave if / when they secure both primary targets. My guess is that they’ll offer to rip his contract up and remove the fee. He has options. 

Just now, AAK said:

But neither can cross a ball, which isnt good for a position that is essentially a winger, neither of them good at breaking forward either, they wouldnt be good wing backs in my opinion mate. JRC may be though. Nyambe is a decent full back, good at breaking and has pace but soon runs out of ideas if he cant beat a man, also cant cross a ball either.

Think Nyambe might be mooted for a right-sided CB if we go to a back three. Did it in the international tournament he was just in. Williams was originally a left sided CB in a back three as well.

Just now, AAK said:

But neither can cross a ball, which isnt good for a position that is essentially a winger, neither of them good at breaking forward either, they wouldnt be good wing backs in my opinion mate. JRC may be though. Nyambe is a decent full back, good at breaking and has pace but soon plays back to defence if he cant beat a man, also cant cross a ball either.

If you’re playyng the Sheff United way it’s the left and right centre backs who cross the ball!!! ???

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I really don't mean to sound negative but this fills me with absolute dread, even more baffling that I bet we don't play with this formation throughout pre season.

We have a basic bunch of players, play each one in there CORRECT position where they know there jobs etc and we wont be far off.

They’ve been training in these positions....?

If you’re playyng the Sheff United way it’s the left and right centre backs who cross the ball!!! ???

Thats a scary thought for us lol

Just now, JacknOry said:

There are, Blackpool for one. Think he could do a job for us for a season and with Davenport potentially injured for a while - a spot might have just opened up for him.

He still lives in Poulton-le-fylde, so his Missus will be all over the Blackpool move...

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m no prude, I can slip expletives into any sentence in real life, but I always liked how this place filtered or Kean-ed them. Gave the place a bit of class, I always thought, in comparison to other forums.

I prefer that people use language in context and don’t need a nanny-filter to tell them how to behave.

• Like 1