BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just read an interview with Mowbray on the Rovers website, where he says with Bell and Williams soon to be back fit, it will probably see Hart go out on loan again.

We can scratch off any ideas of signing a new LB i would think, Seems like TM is happy with those 2 options, possibly keeping Hart if the other 2 struggle for fitness

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But if we sold/loaned Bell, who would you play left back? 

No, I wouldn't play him left wing. We have far, far better options for there. He needs to improve defensively, but he had a season at this level under his belt now and hopefully the entire defensive unit will be better this season. 

Williams and / or bring somebody in a bit more capable whilst Bell goes and sharpens his game elsewhere we are trying to make the team stronger after all so you have to weed out the weak one's one by one.

Maybe Derby have one that needs taking off their payroll.....?

Just now, davulsukur said:

Just read an interview with Mowbray on the Rovers website, where he says with Bell and Williams soon to be back fit, it will probably see Hart go out on loan again.

We can scratch off any ideas of signing a new LB i would think, Seems like TM is happy with those 2 options, possibly keeping Hart if the other 2 struggle for fitness

yeah..thought Hart would have done his chances some good with his performances this pre-season.

link here: TM impressed with Joe Rankin-Costello and Sam Hart

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Leeds in for Tosin?

Not sure what to make of this article. Is it about Leeds' interest or agent talk

I read it as a reporter with a Leeds heart who what's to sign better player this window using the article to push the point 

Edited by geedog13
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It kind of is. There doesn't need to be a conspiracy for every signing. 

Why is it a conspiracy ?   There's no need for you to jump on every post you might not agree with and come out with Anti conspiracy theories either is there.

Agents work in football, more or less run the transfer side that's a fact it so it's is in no way a conspiracy to say perhaps an agent working on behalf of Derby has offered us a few players they want rid of and Mowbray is having a look rather than a scouting report suddenly recommending 3 different players in different positions from one club. 

Grow up !

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If Williams is the answer at LB then we can forget about any promotion push. We may get away with Bell if the other 10 are bloody good and the LW gives him some serious protection!

Just now, tomphil said:

Why is it a conspiracy ?   There's no need for you to jump on every post you might not agree with and come out with Anti conspiracy theories either is there.

Agents work in football, more or less run the transfer side that's a fact it so it's is in no way a conspiracy to say perhaps an agent working on behalf of Derby has offered us a few players they want rid of and Mowbray is having a look rather than a scouting report suddenly recommending 3 different players in different positions from one club. 

Grow up !

Or with 5 minutes research - you’ll see Butterfield and Johnson are mates, and he’s here on trial.

We all know agents are involved in transfers but I don’t personally understand the desperation to find or presume nefarious “none-football” rationale.

Just now, Biz said:

Or with 5 minutes research - you’ll see Butterfield and Johnson are mates, and he’s here on trial.

We all know agents are involved in transfers but I don’t personally understand the desperation to find or presume nefarious “none-football” rationale.

They're all mates. Not sure if it's a good thing or it's going too far. Bennett and Johnson are best mates from their Norwich days, Mowbray will know all the Middlesbrough lot, even the young lad White who joined last week is best mates with Adam Armstrong. 

Not suggesting its dodgy in any way, a lot of football operates on those sort of lines, but it would be refreshing to sign someone from somewhere that has actually been scouted and sought out rather than just people who are known to us.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Don't you start you're more boring than him.

I did say Mowbray was having a look didn't i or has your rationale cherry picked  which bits you want to answer to suit your argument as usual ?  

Mates you say ?   Obviously jobs for the boys then.. ?

Just now, JHRover said:

They're all mates. Not sure if it's a good thing or it's going too far. Bennett and Johnson are best mates from their Norwich days, Mowbray will know all the Middlesbrough lot, even the young lad White who joined last week is best mates with Adam Armstrong. 

Not suggesting its dodgy in any way, a lot of football operates on those sort of lines, but it would be refreshing to sign someone from somewhere that has actually been scouted and sought out rather than just people who are known to us.

I agree but think that this shouldn’t be seen as an accident or “easy route” though - even Davenport was chosen because of his potential + ability + close relationship with a few of our other young lads.

Gallagher could be seen as another easy route - but I think it’s obvious that his wage for us was only possible due to him willing to take a cut, and this was down to liking the club, fans and having friends here! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

GK and the Man City loanee to be announced today? 

My money is still on Carson for the GK position, although I’d prefer Joe Hart. 

Experienced centre half, another GK, LB, and central midfielder needed after that. 

Why on earth do you think we need another central midfielder? We need that like we need a bigger stadium.

• Like 5

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't you start you're more boring than him.

I did say Mowbray was having a look didn't i or has your rationale cherry picked  which bits you want to answer to suit your argument as usual ?  

Mates you say ?   Obviously jobs for the boys then.. ?

Whoa - chill. None of this changes my opinion that there’s far too much presumption of incompetence and/or expectation of dodgy business!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Williams and / or bring somebody in a bit more capable whilst Bell goes and sharpens his game elsewhere we are trying to make the team stronger after all so you have to weed out the weak one's one by one.

Maybe Derby have one that needs taking off their payroll.....?

Man Williams cannot pay there again. Bell is a better option at left back in my opinion. 

I wouldn't be against getting one in, even on loan, but I think Bell has potential. 

Just now, Biz said:

Whoa - chill. None of this changes my opinion that there’s far too much presumption of incompetence and/or expectation of dodgy business!

I agree but there's a lot questioning the scouting so i was just saying sometimes the agents will still be doing the leg work that's just football it isn't conspiracy because it isn't being presented as dodgy more of an easier option for managers looking for a lot of bodies.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I said last season. Lenihan was clearly the best. Who would you have second? 

Probably Nyambe before he fell out of favour. But I certainly wouldn't say Bell he's a centre back's nightmare, a full back who doesn't attempt to stop crosses coming into the box. Bell and Bennett were our worst 2 defenders last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Probably Nyambe before he fell out of favour. But I certainly wouldn't say Bell he's a centre back's nightmare, a full back who doesn't attempt to stop crosses coming into the box. Bell and Bennett were our worst 2 defenders last season.

How on earth you miss del is astounding. Dire absolute dire....Bell is useful in the correct position,  del was the worst I've seen since ward year before

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

How on earth you miss del is astounding. Dire absolute dire....Bell is useful in the correct position,  del was the worst I've seen since ward year before

So, just to confirm, you don't rate Derrick Williams? I don't think I've seen you reference that before.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Man Williams cannot pay there again. Bell is a better option at left back in my opinion. 

I wouldn't be against getting one in, even on loan, but I think Bell has potential. 

I've been thinking he'll turn out a better option all the time he's been here but he hasn't yet he's just a bit quicker Del is painfully slow but better in the 1 on 1's.

It's one of those where if you moulded the two together you'd have a good LB but you can say that about a lot of our positions but that's the league we are in. To be a good defender you need to be a good tackler and reader of the game first and foremost. Pace, good passing or whatever else are a bonus but it's all about the basics a bit like the keeper situ, get those and you're halfway there.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3