BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Sharpe spoke with Mowbray tonight. Any updates from the manager?

Yes, we are looking at 23 new keepers, 18 off them are close.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Why did we need the money? We have been told the budget was similar to last year.

Will you be happy to start on August 3rd with Leutwiler in goal and Fisher on the bench?

No of course not but how do we know that our no1 target isn't  still on course for coming in ? IF he doesn't then questions will then need to be asked and addressed!

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sharpe spoke with Mowbray tonight. Any updates from the manager?

The paper as a whole as been becoming more ridiculous as of late. 

Putting out stories telling us "Rovers have been tracking X" as soon as they come out in The Mirror/SkySports or wherever. 

Either they know what's going on in the club - which keepers we're targeting or whatever - and they're sitting on that information for access, or they're just as clueless as the rest of us. 

I can't remember the last signing they revealed ahead of time. 

Edited by Tugay-is-God
  • Like 2

It just came over me how close we are to the new season... I'm not the type to get worked up about transfers really but leaving the goalkeeper situation unsolved with only 2 weeks till kick off is pretty amateur. Nevermind not sorting out the centre half situation too. If pre season is all about getting these new players to buy into a new style of play it leaves little to no time for them to come and settle into it. If we suppose we make our signings next week, by the time they actually sort everything out and get on the training pitch it will leave us with merely a week. After all the goals we conceded last season this should have been key for the manager this summer to iron out those creases but instead he's neglected his duty of what his priority should of been... Improving our weaknesses (defence). It's clear that after Bauer there was no plan B, which again is highly amateur. I get it, we don't have the budget to do our business early but surely at least the goalkeeper situation could have been sorted? At this late stage of the window I don't think it will do any good just signing some kid, we need a been there and done it type centre half that can come in and be leader straight from the off, a James Collins type player (not necessarily him). I just fear this messing about is going to cut into our season and effect in a negative way, especially as we have a tough start. Manager and his recruitment team need to liven up sharpish because a bad start could dictate what sort of season we want to have. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

All I can say is that if we dont have a GK at least AS good as Raya or ideally better and a commanding CB - this place will erupt and understandably. That is the bare minimum btw, we need a couple of loans as well to shore things up and not a couple of untested kids - we have plenty of those in our own academy. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

The paper as a whole as been becoming more ridiculous as of late. 

Putting out stories telling us "Rovers have been tracking X" as soon as they come out in The Mirror/SkySports or wherever. 

Either they know what's going on in the club - which keepers we're targeting or whatever - and they're sitting on that information for access, or they're just as clueless as the rest of us. 

I can't remember the last signing they revealed ahead of time. 

I honestly don't think they've done it since Santa Cruz in 2007.

• Like 1

"" 'Steak or a burger' - Tony Mowbray's great analogy on Blackburn Rovers search for a new goalkeeper""

Seems more like that we have about 2 quid and are about to end up in Maccies for a McChicken sandwich 

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

All I can say is that if we dont have a GK at least AS good as Raya or ideally better and a commanding CB - this place will erupt and understandably. That is the bare minimum btw, we need a couple of loans as well to shore things up and not a couple of untested kids - we have plenty of those in our own academy. 

Couldn't agree with you more. We have known what areas we needed to strengthen months ago. It isnt something that's just happened overnight. If we don't replace Raya and improve the defence a relegation dogfight is likely 

Edited by Gary C
Grammar

Just now, Gary C said:

Couldn't agree with you more. We have known what areas we needed to strengthen months ago. Is it something that's just happened overnight. If we don't replace Raya and improve the defence a relegation dogfight is likely 

Especially with our tough start. We could be bottom by the end of the month which will completely tear apart the squads morale. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Same thing happening with gks as did with Gallagher, get near a deal and goalposts change and then rumoured other clubs come into play. Just have to be patient I guess, I’m sure we won’t be starting with Jason against Charlton 

Hoping - but the longer this drags out, the more likely we panic into signing just about anyone to fill the holes. 

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Especially with our tough start. We could be bottom by the end of the month which will completely tear apart the squads morale. 

Exactly. Was thinking the same thing.

Did we need the funds from Raya to seal the Gallagher deal? I just dont understand why we are letting a contracted GK go without having somebody else practially signed and ready to go. Now we're talking burgers and steaks like we in a restaurant.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Did we need the funds from Raya to seal the Gallagher deal? I just dont understand why we are letting a contracted GK go without having somebody else practially signed and ready to go. Now we're talking burgers and steaks like we in a restaurant.

Pound Bakery way we are struggling to get anything else over the line 

23 hours ago, Madon said:

That's a gobful!

IMG-20190718-WA0035.jpg

Maybe mowbray just wants big name players. Big long names ability may be secondary to how big a name they’ve got. Hart Carson Cahill Hanley to short. Maybe we’re coming at our new transfer strategy from the wrong direction size may be important. 

Guy above big long name and 8 foot 3 by all accounts 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Why did we need the money? We have been told the budget was similar to last year.

Will you be happy to start on August 3rd with Leutwiler in goal and Fisher on the bench?

I’m betting cash flow. Ties in with something quoted on here recently about us wanting to spread payments over life of contracts to match how they are accounted for. Same budget as last year or not, it all has to come over from India and I’m guessing there may be issues on the phasing of it coming over.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The defence is just as concerning. Some decent players have already moved to Champ clubs - Flint, Elphick, Lindsay, Jansson, Kalas. Ajayi close to WBA. We don’t seem to have been remotely close to any of them. 

None of those were available on heavily subsidised loans though.