BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Did we need the funds from Raya to seal the Gallagher deal? I just dont understand why we are letting a contracted GK go without having somebody else practially signed and ready to go. Now we're talking burgers and steaks like we in a restaurant.

That appears highly likely. Coupled with the focus on loans now it seems we've effectively broken even on spending and that's the end of the matter. I wonder where the left over dosh from January has gone....

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m betting cash flow. Ties in with something quoted on here recently about us wanting to spread payments over life of contracts to match how they are accounted for. Same budget as last year or not, it all has to come over from India and I’m guessing there may be issues on the phasing of it coming over.

But there wasn't a problem last year John when we bought Rothwell, Armstrong and Brereton. The vast majority of transfers are settled with staged payments so the reality is that it is likely we have had to pay instalments for the aforementioned between the end of the season and start of the new one.

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So what happens when we switch kit manufacturer if we pick out kits two years in advance?

Not a clue!

Think we’re building relatively well in the circumstances but just seen Fulham’s front 3 for next season is looking like Cavaleiro, Mitrovic and Knockaert...

The EFL/FA need to address the FFP and parachute payments cos how the hell can teams compete with that level of financial clout? 

Edited by Mellor Rover

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Imagine putting £17m a year into something and being referred to as a cheapskate. You must be absolutely minted.

Not cheapskates just completely puddled and still don't get it. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

All I can say is that if we dont have a GK at least AS good as Raya or ideally better and a commanding CB - this place will erupt and understandably. That is the bare minimum btw, we need a couple of loans as well to shore things up and not a couple of untested kids - we have plenty of those in our own academy. 

Yes---we'll over-react alright!  :angry:

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Think we’re building relatively well in the circumstances but just seen Fulham’s front 3 for next season is looking like Cavaleiro, Mitrovic and Knockaert...

The EFL/FA need to address the FFP and parachute payments cos how the hell can teams compete with that level of financial clout? 

Wow didnt know theyd signed them. Always knew fulham would be strong. Theyll be better than us simple as, so write off second game of season. Lets just make sure we beat charlton, its imperative we do.

Just now, AAK said:

Wow didnt know theyd signed them. Always knew fulham would be strong. Theyll be better than us simple as, so write off second game of season. Lets just make sure we beat charlton, its imperative we do.

Yeah I always think that when teams get relegated but it rarely seems to work out the way it should do on paper. Our division is littered with prime examples of failed transfer strategy. Fulham where useless in the premiership and while I accept that the championship is a completely different animal there appears something about relegation from the premiership that drains confidence or conversely breeds over confidence. Whatever the reason relegated teams struggle to achieve immediate bounce back.

Sorry for the of topic ramble

• Like 3

People said similar about Stoke last summer. I was one of them. Spent heavily and had a really strong team on paper. Not so easy, Fulham have a very strong side on paper but a rookie manager. Owt could happen.

Just now, Boroblue said:

Yeah I always think that when teams get relegated but it rarely seems to work out the way it should do on paper. Our division is littered with prime examples of failed transfer strategy. Fulham where useless in the premiership and while I accept that the championship is a completely different animal there appears something about relegation from the premiership that drains confidence or conversely breeds over confidence. Whatever the reason relegated teams struggle to achieve immediate bounce back.

Sorry for the of topic ramble

Fulham are a team of absolute shit houses. Always have been. Doubt very much they’ll go back up.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Same thing happening with gks as did with Gallagher, get near a deal and goalposts change and then rumoured other clubs come into play. Just have to be patient I guess, I’m sure we won’t be starting with Jason against Charlton 

Maybe so but what about Jayson ???

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

Haven't won the first game of the season for 11 years I believe! :unsure:

Just now, 47er said:

Haven't won the first game of the season for 11 years I believe! :unsure:

2010-11 last time we won an opening day, just before these idiots rocked up.

It's no coincidence that we haven't won an opening day game since, and this season will be no different.

1-1 written all over it.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

So long as we don't miss out on them as well eh?

How seriously are we actually after them though ?  How surprising would it be to miss out then unveil a left field rookie from a big club bench with heavily subsidised wages or a free old timer on a short contract ?