BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

We’ve had the consultants in in the meantime Tony, so they may have put new cash flow guidelines in place (I’d love one of their reports to leak into the public domain). They wouldn’t have been doing their jobs properly if they hadn’t highlighted the financial benefits of sell early, buy late in the window.

I would have thought though John that cash flow was at its strongest at this time of year through season ticket sales. There could the money from be up to 10,000 supporters flowing into the coffers.

I don't really believe that there is too much evidence of saving money by buying late in the window. Last year we signed Armstrong and Rothwell for what I believed were realistic prices but in my opinion we massively overpaid for Brereton in what appeared to be a panic buy. It's an aspect of any transfer window that I've never understood when the majority of clubs leave trading until the last knockings and run the risk of being held to ransom or indeed missing out on players who could make a real difference. This summer's case in point being Raya. Sold for decent money a few weeks ago and now with two weeks to go we haven't signed a replacement. If I was the agent of any prospective replacement for Raya I would be asking for silly money knowing that we are getting desperate.

• Like 6

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

They are keeping the keeper under right under the radar. Might surprise a few. The Man City kid was in for final talks

Hopefully that one will get over the line. Come on who's the keeper 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

They are keeping the keeper under right under the radar. Might surprise a few. The Man City kid was in for final talks

Keeper surprise plus Foderingham ???

8 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he had a release clause if the opportunity presented itself if a club came in with a sufficient offer from a higher division.

His contract with Portsmouth expires June next year.

Agree with you though of course on the GK and CB positions being priority. Still need more work beyond sorting out those positions in my opinion. Left-back for instance still bothers me.

If he's in last year of his contract then that definately smells of a Rovers signing. 

55 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

In your opinion, in a good or not so good way?

That comments suggests that you know the name.

Said all along the keeper might be left field and another head scratcher as i don't believe they'll tie up big wages in that area but the last min rush of blood may prove that wrong of course.

I sound like Nixon now ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Said all along the keeper might be left field and another head scratcher as i don't believe they'll tie up big wages in that area but the last min rush of blood may prove that wrong of course.

I sound like Nixon now ?

Aye

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

I sound like Nixon now ?

I think the rumours of Hart and Forster etc. are fantasy stuff because of the wages they would command. I can't see us paying them. Carson perhaps do-able as he'll be in a bracket below the others. 

When people say surprise it would be nice for that surprise to be a positive one but I won't get my hopes up on that front. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Il put my neck on the line and say we will play hard and get a keeper by tomorrow night...

Assuming you are referring to our top target, it seems like negotiations have been ongoing for weeks. Must be something that can't be easily agreed upon so if we start driving a hard bargain at this point it is more likely to go on until the end of the window. 

More likely we will eventually agree to their terms which will mean getting the nod from Pune but can't see that happening on a Saturday.

I think it will drag on. 

Edited by Crimpshrine

Just now, JHRover said:

I think the rumours of Hart and Forster etc. are fantasy stuff because of the wages they would command. I can't see us paying them. Carson perhaps do-able as he'll be in a bracket below the others. 

When people say surprise it would be nice for that surprise to be a positive one but I won't get my hopes up on that front. 

Carson would fit the bill more than the others i think, flawed and a bit cheaper another project for Mowbrays human factor rehab Rpvers.

I tend to think they'll go for someone younger from a big club on a loan to buy or loaned in with half wages paid though and take that gamble where there is potential money to be made in the long term rather than pouring big wages away. Not sure how that will actually strengthen though.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, JHRover said:

Could be a surprise in that it's a keeper from Europe!