BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jesus , I’m out. Go back to speculating in the dark. Some folk have issues here and ruin it for the others. 

Don't do it mate. Lots of us value the info and appreciate that you can't reveal all. We just have to be patient as frustrating as that may be 

• Like 8

• Backroom
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jesus , I’m out. Go back to speculating in the dark. 

The gist I've got so far is a keeper is due soon, if that falls through there will be some other keeper options.

And a defender may or may not be coming soon. 

Aaarrgghh, the light, it burns, it buuurrrnnnsss.....

Nobody look directly at it, use your safety shades. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Jesus , I’m out. Go back to speculating in the dark. Some folk have issues here and ruin it for the others. 

Don’t rise mate. They genuinely don’t like any real info. Prefer spouting nonsense. Laugh at them and scroll on..

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, but he, DG, Johnson, Downing and our defence with another year of experience might?

For what it’s worth I expect us to sign an experienced CB 

Our game management used to fall off a cliff once Graham went off, as nobody else could hold up the balls we were hoofing out.  As a result we'd sit deeper and concede late on - generally from a ball played into the box from out wide.  Once we address the last bit. I'm sure our 'game management' will improve dramatically.  6ft 5 keeper and CB will help considerably. As will Gallager if he can now hold the ball up.

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Can I smoke what u are smoking?

Are you for real? Dack, Rothwell, Lennihan, Travis would get in their side. Arguably Graham and Nyambe too. There is a lot of crap in that 11 since they lost their loan players. 

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"They didn't let Raya go without one pretty much done .........and there's options should it not" 

Well one thing's for certain, you'll be right whatever happens. You've covered every possible base there!

Where are you in mallorca?

Just now, Neal said:

Are you for real? Dack, Rothwell, Lennihan, Travis would get in their side. Arguably Graham and Nyambe too. There is a lot of crap in that 11 since they lost their loan players. 

On paper I can definitely see what you mean.

I bet you they finish higher than us though...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Welcome to the club! You’re going to need a thicker skin than that though.

A PM about that new GK we are trying to get over the line would be great though if you are leaving anyway. :D 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don't let a couple of the village idiots drive you away. I find your posts far more interesting than their pathetic attempts at winding you up. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

On paper I can definitely see what you mean.

I bet you they finish higher than us though...

Shouldn't do though if that's what they're going with. Lawrence is decent, one of their better players but they well over paid and I'm not sure he'd get in our side. Waghorn is crap and a waste of 8 million quid. Keough is past it. Bogel has potential but still just a kid. I fail to see how many of theirs would get in our side to be honest. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is it info, or just guesswork?

Does it matter it’s better to have something transfer related to discuss than nothing or going round in circles discussing the pros and cons of Mowbray.

All information by virtue of the requirements of interpretation has a speculative element. Also information is not static and changes due to the large range of variables that impact upon it. 

The end result is that when he/ she says this may happen it is only reasonable and sensible for him/ her  to add the caveat unless other factors change. 

The demand that only concrete facts are submitted with supporting evidence and names would lead to a situation where it would be impossible to inform anyone of a potential signing until it was completed and by that point we would know anyway.

i think for the enjoyment we all get from speculation unsupported information should be allowed.

And on that note Ive heard we have a bid in for messi on a flexi

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I appreciate your insights and I hope you don’t let a few skeptics put you off! Keep up the good work. I hear certain things too and what you say does sync up. 

Morning Damian, I believe we could have two new keepers in the next two or three days definitely one. The big 6.4 lad from city I believe is also signing on a years loan. We will be miles stronger this season, I think challenging sixth spot is on the cards!

this is an example of the kind of messages I get. I don’t share them because last time I did, someone got a bollocking. I shared that we changed our kit supplier from Nike to Umbro... before it had been announced! 

Needless to say, I don’t share things I hear. 

• Like 7

Just now, K-Hod said:

Basically, anyone that provides us with any information that we wouldn’t otherwise have needs to be appreciated, not vilified. 

I’ve been out this afternoon and just trying to catch up, but it seems some folk don’t listen, so, I’ll say it again: 

‘Please can you stop being dickheads with each other?’

Thanks again.

This is hard to follow. Someone ITK is being attacked by the Miserablists and defended by the Happy Clappers according to one version.

Yet I see him being defended by Miserablists!

A further complication is that he said there could be up to 5 new signings before the season starts. Now I thought the Happy Clapper position was that anyone advocating 5 new signings was deliberately setting TM up to fail???

I haven't taken part in this debate at all because I don't know what side I'm meant to be on!   :unsure:

On a more serious note its churlish to attack someone who seems to know what he's talking about and stupid to drive him off.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

2 GK's, 2 CH's and a winger? (Purely off the loose Simms rumour when Gallagher signed)

Surely some are going to have to leave at some point too?

You would think so eh? Waste of scarce resources.

Forster is even more fantasy land than the likes of Joe Hart.

I've always thought it would be Carson who comes in, but the fact it all seems to be taking so long makes me think otherwise, I would have thought that would be one of the more straight forward deals we could do.

Still, I'll stick by that he will sign at some point in the window.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Forster is even more fantasy land than the likes of Joe Hart.

I've always thought it would be Carson who comes in, but the fact it all seems to be taking so long makes me think otherwise, I would have thought that would be one of the more straight forward deals we could do.

Still, I'll stick by that he will sign at some point in the window.

I somewhat agree but it depends on how they're looking at it. If we offer to pay 10k of his wages that's over half a million saved for a player who's played once for them in going on 2 years. This is why we will want 2 keepers because for players like him  there will be a recall clause and we don't want to be left without a decent 2nd keeper... I just trying to convince myself though probably. 

Edited by Neal

Just now, Neal said:

I somewhat agree but it depends on how they're looking at it. If we offer to pay 10k of his wages that's over half a million saved for a player who's played once for them in going on 2 years. 

A loan could work maybe, we're probably in the same mess this time next year if we loan him though.

It's the fact that tweet says "on a permanent" that makes me think its pie in the sky.

For the record though, i think Forster would be a great signing.