BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tom said:

You don’t speak for me, I have no life, I have spent the night at my 3 year old dance awards though (best newcomer for those curious)

Time to get some brfcs.com merchandise back in production, I vote for these being up first:

GD01_MOCK_DBAD_480x480.png?v=1561930502

I thought banning chaddy was meant to bring harmony to the transfer threads, it hasn’t worked so come back Chris all is forgiven!

It's late, I'm sure you've had a few drinks, lets not say anything we might all regret in the morning..

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

It's late, I'm sure you've had a few drinks, lets not say anything we might all regret in the morning..

Too late, article 1875 has been invoked and Chadreturn - ‘The Chaddening’ is happening (he won’t come back though) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swanson said:

According to Nixon we are looking at Chris Walton from Brighton on loan as one of the gk's.

Hope it’s someone better, he was Wigan’s keeper for the last two seasons and outperformed by Raya in both 

• Like 1

Just now, pick32 said:

Hope it’s someone better, he was Wigan’s keeper for the last two seasons and outperformed by Raya in both 

He’s a good keeper, but don’t really see how he’s better than Raya tbh, but if the experienced option is someone like Forster then GK would be massively improved

Just now, Igloo5090 said:

He’s a good keeper, but don’t really see how he’s better than Raya tbh, but if the experienced option is someone like Forster then GK would be massively improved

If Walton is getting loaned here he'll be first choice, they aren't going to send someone here to sit on our bench.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

A News Now article linking us (and others) with Glen Whelan, released by Villa.

Meets all Rovers criteria--free, a mid-fielder and 35 years old.

Don't think he should be an option. Would prefer Adam or Butterfield over him if we had to bring another cm in

Just now, Igloo5090 said:

He was steady for Wigan but I agree not really an improvement 

I'm not sure what people are really expecting with this keeper situation it seems they are set to go down the road of 1 out 2 in and a fee which has been directed elsewhere.

Hopefully out of the 3 or 4 we end up with on the books the tombola will drop and stop on one who turns out capable. 

The worrying thing for me is that we are about to play our third game of preseason and we still don’t have the keeper sorted. We need time for the defence to gel and that will only come with match time. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Although his name is a bit underwhelming I'm not sure that you can definitively say that given that two seasons ago they finished above us and conceded less goals?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Extremely meh. Thought ‘surprise a few’ meant he would be decent. Raya out for £3m, old boy and loanee in.

That’s just a pithy idiom that ol’ Nick deploys in the name of poetic license.

31 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Does anyone know which players we are looking to offload? 

If we end up with 2 centre backs and 2 keepers and maybe Charlie Adam we’re going to have a massive squad 

Unsurprisingly, I think you will find there is very little interest in those we are deemed to be trying to unload - gallingly, includes some given improved and extended contracts within the last 15 months.

I think there is now a budget 'gap'.  The Raya sale helped with the Gallagher deal but I think if Mowbray wants to complete the deals he has in mind, there will have to be a 'major' sale.

Think next week is going to be very interesting.  

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Although his name is a bit underwhelming I'm not sure that you can definitively say that given that two seasons ago they finished above us and conceded less goals?

They were a stronger more physical side all round than us that season to be honest.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

The fact that that Raya was in the team of the season that year and he wasn’t nominated in the three man shortlist.

Plus he kept getting dropped last season and the season before 

• Like 2