BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mercer said:

Unsurprisingly, I think you will find there is very little interest in those we are deemed to be trying to unload - gallingly, includes some given improved and extended contracts within the last 15 months.

I think there is now a budget 'gap'.  The Raya sale helped with the Gallagher deal but I think if Mowbray wants to complete the deals he has in mind, there will have to be a 'major' sale.

Think next week is going to be very interesting.  

Or they bite the bullet, scramble round for a few bods cheap or subsidised and go with what we have until next summer when the pruning can continue.

If that's the case we can expect a good end to next season as some play for new contracts again.....

Just now, pick32 said:

The fact that that Raya was in the team of the season that year and he wasn’t nominated in the three man shortlist.

Plus he kept getting dropped last season and the season before 

The fact is that loan players can't be nominated on team of the season, which makes it a bit strange. Both Walton and Henderson was on loan and obvious candidates. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ricky said:

The worrying thing for me is that we are about to play our third game of preseason and we still don’t have the keeper sorted. We need time for the defence to gel and that will only come with match time. 

Wouldn’t be too bothered about that. Our first choice RB and LB I don’t think have played once and the CB that partners Lenihan isn’t at the club yet either.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Can't be arsed reading the pages. We linked with Forster now? What do people think of him. Better option to Hart n Carson IMO.

Just some stuff on twitter from a dubious Southampton account. Wouldn't read to much into it. Would definately be our best option. 

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

The worrying thing for me is that we are about to play our third game of preseason and we still don’t have the keeper sorted. We need time for the defence to gel and that will only come with match time. 

I'm more worried about the defence, a keeper can slot in last minute. We've got no new defenders. Mowbray himself even admitted the defence aren't good enough, yet it will be same old names against Charlton.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Also it’s *our* defence we’re talking about. Heads need to be on the block if we start poorly.

Walton makes sense and seems to represent our recent transfer plan.Young, english, played for england at all youth levels.

He is also a fair unit and a lot more commanding of his area than Raya

For whats is worth Wigan have had carson and walton and the wigan fans I speak to would all rather have Walton.

He was a lot better than Raya in League one and would surely have been in the team of the year ahead of Raya if loan players werent banned from the vote for some reason.

Not the sexy name after all the specualtion, but really taking finance, age etc in the the equation,he could be the best long term option of the lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

Oh the irony - so what you're saying is you'd keep quiet for fear of rounding on yourself given that you were one of the worst culprits for winding him up. If Bbrovers2288 comes on here and offers titbits of info he's not going to give names just because you demand it and neither should he. 

Here's a novel idea - just be thankful and appreciate it gives us something to talk about on here.

No, just put it out there if you know or shut up if you are making things up.

I think he's making it all up . . Just no detail at all.

• Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Walton makes sense and seems to represent our recent transfer plan.Young, english, played for england at all youth levels.

He is also a fair unit and a lot more commanding of his area than Raya

For whats is worth Wigan have had carson and walton and the wigan fans I speak to would all rather have Walton.

He was a lot better than Raya in League one and would surely have been in the team of the year ahead of Raya if loan players werent banned from the vote for some reason.

Not the sexy name after all the specualtion, but really taking finance, age etc in the the equation,he could be the best long term option of the lot

If Nicko is right it won't be a long term option because it's a loan. 

Just now, Neal said:

If Nicko is right it won't be a long term option because it's a loan. 

If it happens and its always a big if when we are trusting Nixon, I cant imagine TM taking him on loan unless its a loan to buy option also

Just now, yeti-dog said:

I'd see Walton as a sort of straight swap for Raya which means I'd still like an oldie with a couple more seasons in him so there's a genuine challenge for the No 1 position.

Absolutely. I can't speak to the quality of Walton one way or another but it's not quite the name we've been waiting on all these weeks.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

No, just put it out there if you know or shut up if you are making things up.

I think he's making it all up . . Just no detail at all.

...and I think you're making it up about him making it up, there's just no detail at all.

You know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

. The whole demanding of more info and revealing of sources is pointless. The digs are out of order. 

100%

That man's info has been keeping us informed and amused all this window. It was given freely and he wasn't acting stuck up and superior about what he was passing on at all.

• Like 3

Just now, FGS5635 said:

If it happens and its always a big if when we are trusting Nixon, I cant imagine TM taking him on loan unless its a loan to buy option also

Buying would make most sense. I think all things considered it would be one of the better options after Forster. A better and more direct replacement for Raya. 

Just now, Neal said:

Buying would make most sense. I think all things considered it would be one of the better options after Forster. A better and more direct replacement for Raya. 

Im inclined to agree. Watched quite a lot of Wigan games and he always impressed.

At this stage he isnt as good as hart and forster, but his wages and the finaces involved will reflect that and be far more inline with our structure

• Like 2

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

100%

That man's info has been keeping us informed and amused all this window. It was given freely and he wasn't acting stuck up and superior about what he was passing on at all.

I agree, I would rather know that we are after certain positions and that they are close. Names would be great, but they could scupper deals and that’s not what we want. It shows intent and that gives us hope that we might be in a position to challenge the top 6. Lack of any info just makes certain people on here sharpen the knives for Mowbray. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, yeti-dog said:

...and I think you're making it up about him making it up, there's just no detail at all.

You know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

And some members above need to stop acting like utter opinions.

• Like 5