BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If at the start of the window I was offered a straight swap Raya for Walton I’d have snatched your hand off. No brainier for me.

Not so keen on signing Walton, him on loan after selling a keeper at the same age with similar faults seems a bit backwards to me.

Reading up on Wigans fans opinions, it seems his main frailty is commanding his penalty box, just like Raya. He also got dropped last season due to poor performances.

If we bought him then I'd be more enamoured, from what I've seen he may be slightly ahead of Raya, maybe with the loan of an older head, but otherwise I don't get the logic.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I think the Brighton lad was mentioned on here a week or so ago. He has 60 odd games for Wigwam under his belt so he's no rookie. I think the fact that he's 6'5" makes him an upgrade on Raya.

Leutweiler is 6ft 5in and he's a downgrade on Raya. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, pick32 said:

Hope it’s someone better, he was Wigan’s keeper for the last two seasons and outperformed by Raya in both 

When we were in league 1 and Raya got in the team of the season, Walton was said to be the one who would have been in team of the year however he wasn't allowed as he was a loan player. 

On 30/06/2019 at 11:47, 1864roverite said:

No one knows anything

Most top sides in this division loan expensive premiership players to push for top 6, Most are outfield players mainly strikers, Maybe ours will be in the form of Foster with option to buy

Is there any indication whatsoever we're actually in for Forster? 

It seems as though we let Raya go assuming we'd just be able to get someone in and fairly predictably found that decent keepers aren't as easy or cheap to come by as we thought hence us now scratching around at the last minute for everyone who might be available.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have just seen a Dyche interview from yesterday when Hart played in the second half at Port Vale. He said there have been no offers for him.

It appears that one can be put to bed.

That at least is mildly encouraging.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It seems as though we let Raya go assuming we'd just be able to get someone in and fairly predictably found that decent keepers aren't as easy or cheap to come by as we thought hence us now scratching around at the last minute for everyone who might be available.

This is exactly what has happened.

That, and we needed the money from Raya to fund the Gallagher deal.

Walton for Raya - okay I guess. He's certainly not a downgrade.

Walton and a.n.other keeper - preferable.

If we only get one keeper in then I definitely want to see a minimum of two decent defenders in to off-set this.

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Walton will be a loan to buy? 6ft 5 young and room to develop and become more authoritive in the box. 

Still fuming Raya is gone. But this could be okay

So i don't understand why they let Raya go. One keeper with potential who could improve aspects of his game for another. Mowbary just makes it up as he goes along. He has absolutely no plan

• Like 2

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Walton will be a loan to buy? 6ft 5 young and room to develop and become more authoritive in the box. 

Still fuming Raya is gone. But this could be okay

Got to admit I wasn't too concerned at the time but its getting too close to season start now and maybe those making decisions didn't see this one coming.

Who ever we get needs to be match fit, sharp, run of games etc. Do those mentioned satisfy this? Forster doesn't. If we are going after a second choice keeper none of them will.

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just looking at Leutweiler's stats he's aged 30. He's not going to improve at that age, he really needs to be let go

Agreed. Was a stop-gap option in League One. If they are bringing in 2 keeper, he will surely be let go. Fischer seems decent enough for third keeper. 

Just now, roverandout said:

So i don't understand why they let Raya go. One keeper with potential who could improve aspects of his game for another. Mowbary just makes it up as he goes along. He has absolutely no plan

He has said Raya wanted to go. If we didn't want to sell really, then it makes sense to replace him with similar.

Just now, roverandout said:

I think they let him go because he was dogshit at organising a defence, flapped like mad when crosses were across his six yard box and his distribution was pitiful.  All of this was sugar-coated with his amazing reflex saves.  He didn't make any progress with his failings in my opinion and he wasn't good enough if we are serious about getting out of this league any time soon.

• Like 3