BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

It really is scary how shit we can be. Bennett over Nyambe? Evans over Travis? I know this is about minutes but if we play like this this year we’ll be fighting relegation.

For me, it should be best 11 in every game, let them gel and hit the ground running from the 1st game of the season.  The rest then need to grasp their opportunity off the bench or in the league cup.  If Mowbray seriously thinks that Bennett is his best right back or Bell is ever going to be anything other than a liability, he's sadly mistaken and we'll be off the pace 5 games in.

• Like 3

Just now, Ossydave said:

? the obligatory relegation scare story after a dodgy pre season performance

If we played this starting eleven for 46 games next season, we’d be playing League One football in 20/21. Here’s to hoping that’s a new CB, Travis, Gallagher, Rothwell and a new goalkeeper are starting vs Charlton

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

For the record , Walton wasn’t the name I was given, nor was Carson. So if either of them come to fruition then my contact was wrong and I hold my hands up. 

Hopefully that shuts up some of your doubters. Got me more intrigued though cos I'm doubtful it will  be Hart. 

• Like 1

Just now, dallydally said:

Yep it's still only pre season but if there aren't any quality GK and defender additions in the next 2 weeks his back will be against the wall

I was lip reading Mogga a moment ago in the Rangers match , he was telling Venus we can bring in butterfield and Adam now as we don't need a new goalkeeper.It was after leutwiler made a couple of good saves

Mogga for England 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

If we played this starting eleven for 46 games next season, we’d be playing League One football in 20/21. Here’s to hoping that’s a new CB, Travis, Gallagher, Rothwell and a new goalkeeper are starting vs Charlton

Well we won't start that team for 46 games though will we? Even if we did theres some stinking teams who finished below us last season who probably would again anyway. Theres no way, literally none, that Leutwiler is gonna be our first choice keeper for starters

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

For the record , Walton wasn’t the name I was given, nor was Carson. So if either of them come to fruition then my contact was wrong and I hold my hands up. 

No need to hold your hands up pal. Things change and that’s life. Even if both signings you had signed, you still have people questioning you...

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In Tony we trust

I trust he’s a man of his word and that defenders really are coming. 

Or is that one of those phrases we weren’t supposed to dissect and take him at his word?

Just now, neophox said:

Travis and Rothwell plays well along with Brereton second half!

(Tin hat on)

I think Brereton has far more about him than Gallagher.

I'd start either ahead of Graham though. Bring him on with twenty to thirty minutes to go if necessary to see games out.

• Like 4

Poor for such large spells. Bell, Rothwell and young Hart alongside Jayson and Bennett looking ready. They wouldn’t be the five I’d like to start with next week but fair play to them they’ve kept fit. The rest were an absolute shambles. Lenihan and mulgrew need upgrades they’re dreadful. 

Buckley and Butters no where near good enough yet to be back up so quit the experiment and ping them on loan. Downing meh, Brereton promising when he came on. Nyambe still abysmal. He’s a stopper not much else.

We need more games it’s thats simple. Thought Johnno looked dreadfully unfit, Evans just usually shite, Graham not mobile enough.

Travis looked the game changer when he came alongside Rothwell. 

• Like 2

Got to say I didn't see any of this much promoted new style of play, unless that was to be slow, ineffective and leave huge pockets of space around the pitch. Rothwell has to start first game of the season, we look pedestrian without him

• Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Got to say I didn't see any of this much promoted new style of play, unless that was to be slow, ineffective and leave huge pockets of space around the pitch. Rothwell has to start first game of the season, we look pedestrian without him

Pockets exploited in the middle first half as usual with the deep lying no legs mids then like normal instant improvement when Travis comes on.

Will we EVER get rid of Corry Evans ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So part of my wants to say its pre season so don't read too much into it...

The rest of me see's Bennett at RB, Evans and Downing starting ahead of Travis and Rothwell, and Mulgrew and Leutwiler as starters... 

No matter who he signs, you just know he wont play the best XI. New manager by Xmas. next week

Corrected it for you!

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

So certainly not true that we had a budget to match last summer’s...

Who was it said that he did? Honestly can’t remember. Was it Waggott or Mowbray himself?