BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Is this Adarabioyo decent in the air? You would hope so at 6’5 but I’ve seen plenty of giants who are terrible aerially despite being huge! We need someone at the back who just loves heading.

You are right, but we also need someone at the back who won’t be pulled out of position to cover for some very poor full backs but that is not in the centre backs control.

Just now, RoverCanada said:

? Do you think we should sell Ewood Park to Venky's, as Derby and Villa have done? This seems to be hinted at by some posters, but I'd be curious if anyone is 'brave' enough to explicitly advocate for that!

Forest have had some pretty significant sales in recent years... they booked £25m in player trading profits in 2017 and 2018, and they've trimmed their wages recently too. You may be referring to their owner's loan write-offs, but those will likely be excluded from FPP (as was the case for QPR, hence their breach of FFP). Even then, their most recent accounts show Forest still has a decent amount of headroom under FFP after excluding the loan write-offs.

There’s no point arguing. They’re desperate for everyone else to admit if it doesn’t go our way but there’s no chance they’ll do the same if we’re sat in the top 6 come May. 

Imagine the reaction if we sold the stadium and renamed it the ‘Venkybowl Arena’ ???

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Letting Raya go only to replace him with Walton on loan still just makes absolutely no sense to me. 

You wouldn't have heard me say it at the time because I really rated David - but in League One I did think Walton was the better, more well-rounded keeper.

Didn't think they were the same age certainly. Loan to buy and that would look okay

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Few things:

- What makes you suggest that Evans "has half a season, max?" Mowbray played his strongest 11 yesterday, Evans played. Unlike Smallwood who didnt play as much in the second half of last season, Evans wasnt at all phased out, has a new contract and seemingly id a big part of Mowbrays plans.

- Where does Dack fit in your 433? We cant play a formation that doesnt suit our best player.

- Thats a massive, massive assumption. 50-75m is quite frankly ridicilious for 5 players who all are young and have scope for development, but none have really any evidence that they can or will ever justify the massive figures youve just plonked on their collective heads.

- If you also are so focused on stockpiling young attackers, you remove yourself from actually the primary objective of short term success, if we dont equally focus on the rest of the team at the same time. For example, we continue to neglect the full back area.

You have to understand why defending Venkys is always going to be a touchy subject considering what theyve done. Theres nothing to be grateful for.

Just my opinion.

Just now, RoverCanada said:

? Do you think we should sell Ewood Park to Venky's, as Derby and Villa have done? This seems to be hinted at by some posters, but I'd be curious if anyone is 'brave' enough to explicitly advocate for that!

Forest have had some pretty significant sales in recent years... they booked £25m in player trading profits in 2017 and 2018, and they've trimmed their wages recently too. You may be referring to their owner's loan write-offs, but those will likely be excluded from FPP (as was the case for QPR, hence their breach of FFP). Even then, their most recent accounts show Forest still has a decent amount of headroom under FFP after excluding the loan write-offs.

I thought the Forest and Derby deals were sponsorship. My understanding was that the Indians already owned Ewood hence the CVA attained by the Rovers Trust. 

Forest have bought and sold but pay excessively high wages.

So we've spunked all the money on a position we didn't overly need in Gallagher. 

Guess we are going ossie ardilles! At least he was a rover lol. 

Seriously TM sort out the defence, you can crow all you want about top 6 etc, pinch o salt with your words from now on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

There’s no point arguing. They’re desperate for everyone else to admit if it doesn’t go our way but there’s no chance they’ll do the same if we’re sat in the top 6 come May. 

Imagine the reaction if we sold the stadium and renamed it the ‘Venkybowl Arena’ ???

Problem is Paul, you make everyone else out like they are idiots (WOW! ??? Etc) whilst you are the ‘football man’, realistic etc.

But it’s you that thinks we will avoid FFP by selling one player in 12 months time, even though we have no idea on his worth at that time, just an assumption it will be enough - oh and 1 year left on his contract by then (so a reduced fee), unless he signs another? Another assumption.

But even if we do sell him, that’s fine as we have up to 75 million of talent coming though. 

Its cloud cuckoo land stuff coming from you.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Poor post that mate. Nobody is 'arguing' merely having a different view on something that might or might not happen. If you can't accept that you need to stop reading and posting 

• Like 2

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Letting Raya go only to replace him with Walton on loan still just makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Walton is a better keeper with a better record.  Raya frustrated the hell out of me. His basic kicking, flapping about and rash decision making put us under so much pressure. I wish him well but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore and my heart will benefit from it.

Just now, arbitro said:

I thought the Forest and Derby deals were sponsorship. My understanding was that the Indians already owned Ewood hence the CVA attained by the Rovers Trust. 

Forest have bought and sold but pay excessively high wages.

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

Less of an issue for Derby - they trust him as a real fan of the club. 

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

Poor post that mate. Nobody is 'arguing' merely having a different view on something that might or might not happen. If you can't accept that you need to stop reading and posting 

There’s no getting away from the fact that we’ll never get close to seeing this the same way mate. I respect your opinions and views.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr X said:

Seriously TM sort out the defence, you can crow all you want about top 6 etc, pinch o salt with your words from now on. 

As anyone in footballs should be taken, judge their impact on’t pitch! 

Just now, FGS5635 said:

The word experience gets used a lot on here of late. I dont care if the CB or GK is experinced, I just want them to be good and better than what we have now.

Its that simple really. Improve the team.

Apart from Graham, all our experinced players where pretty poor last year and we spent a season crying out for youth.

Good point is that, always nice for a calming experienced C/B but sometimes lack of pace means a younger guy can be a better buy/loan, I’m happy to let Mowbray and his coaching staff get the personnel in who can improve the squad.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Problem is Paul, you make everyone else out like they are idiots (WOW! ??? Etc) whilst you are the ‘football man’, realistic etc.

But it’s you that thinks we will avoid FFP by selling one player in 12 months time, even though we have no idea on his worth at that time - oh and 1 year left on his contract by then, unless he signs another? Another assumption.

But even if we do sell him, that’s fine as we have up to 75 million of talent coming though. 

Its cloud cuckoo land stuff coming from you.

I just said that was the plan. Not my plan but THE plan. You’re Just making this stuff up as you go along now...

• Like 1

I just said that was the plan. Not my plan but THE plan. You’re Just making this stuff up as you go along now...

So it’s the club that thinks we have up to £75 million worth of talent once Dack goes?

I was hoping it was just your fevered imagination.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Walton and Adarabioyo set to sign today.

We will then look at what is left within the budget and see what we can get with the remaining budget with an experienced goalkeeper being the key and then a centre back if the budget stretches that far.

So basically only 1 money transfer so far. As expected more bullshit from the bullshit man

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So it’s the club that thinks we have £75 million worth of talent once Dack goes?

I was hoping it was just your fevered imagination.

No mate, the CLUB have a plan to buy and develop young players to sell (strategically and if necessary) in order to balance the books whilst progressing towards promotion. - Evidenced over the last 12 months when they’ve spoken about it, Maddison from Norwich and selling ‘a Dack’ etc.

I simply used the 5 players mentioned and priced them at £10m -15m based on their age and potential and stated the £50-75m potential return.

But you keep slinging those insults pal. 

Just now, Pedro said:

Walton is a better keeper with a better record.  Raya frustrated the hell out of me. His basic kicking, flapping about and rash decision making put us under so much pressure. I wish him well but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore and my heart will benefit from it.

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

• Like 2

No mate, the CLUB have a plan to buy and develop young players to sell (strategically and if necessary) in order to balance the books whilst progressing towards promotion. - Evidenced over the last 12 months when they’ve spoken about it, Maddison from Norwich and selling ‘a Dack’ etc.

I simply used the 5 players mentioned and priced them at £10m -15m based on their age and potential and stated the £50-75m potential return.

U cant progress anywhere if Ur plan is to develop players and move them on all the time. U need a settled team. Progressing towards promotion with these owners and this dogger of a manager will take at least a decade

• Like 1

I’m well aware of the club’s model.

Oh good, it is just your view on the 75 million. Thought the club had completely taken leave of their senses.

You give plenty out, so don’t be so thin skinned if wild claims like 75 million for a handful of players in our fairly average second division squad is challenged.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Yep. It would be a disaster, as it would be something else the Raos would use in order to never let the club go. Let's say that Amazon owner wanted to buy the club for arguments sake, the Venkys clowns could then demand more money or refuse to sell the stadium and generally be infuriatingly stupid as per usual.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Aren't Venkys the owners of Blackburn Rovers including Ewood and Brockhall?

I never actually said sell Ewood by the way. My point was that several clubs owners have 'sponsored' the grounds for astronomical fees.

Just now, TBTF said:

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

Good point. It does seem maybe brave on his behalf to come here knowing that he will be competing with a pretty experienced keeper. Particualrly as he has been a starter pretty much most of the 2 past seasons. I don't think we are going to sign Hart, Carson or Foster, more like a keeper from europe who it will be nip and tuck with Walton for the number 1 jersey. 

Just now, roverandout said:

U cant progress anywhere if Ur plan is to develop players and move them on all the time. U need a settled team. Progressing towards promotion with these owners and this dogger of a manager will take at least a decade

You need to stop using text speak. We aren't 12 years old. 

• Like 1

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

09:51

BLACKBURN NEARING ADARABIOYO LOAN

Blackburn are expecting to complete the loan signing of Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

The 21-year-old has represented England at U16, 17, 18 and 19.

Happy to loan this lad but Mowbray has a history of not playing loan players or not playing them in their correct position.

If he is our only defensive reinforcement, he needs to be good enough to be playing most weeks.