BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I think what has happened is that Waggott and Mowbray were banking on selling Dack for £10m-£15m this summer, which would mean we could change the shape of the team and have money to spend.

It hasn't happened, so we've no money and half the players don't fit into the current system.

I actually think that Rothwell will be the player this year to build the team around if he's given the game time.

Just now, TBTF said:

Progress we would never have known about had Smallwood not got sent off at Sheff Utd. Trav would have been on loan at Fleetwood or somewhere daft. 

Holy smokes, that chestnut has surely been debunked by now.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Yea- it’s TM’s words.

Do we take those or the ones where he said Raya wanted to leave?

If you honestly can’t take some element of “a pinch of salt” with his comments, id give up reading them.

That's the problem with Mowbray you can't believe anything that he says because it changes from week to week. He treats the fans like idiots.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

That's the problem with Mowbray you can't believe anything that he says because it changes from week to week. He treats the fans like idiots.

I think he likely assumes most fans are wise enough to know he can never reveal the whole picture, despite his tendency to “wax lyrical”.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Yea- it’s TM’s words.

Do we take those or the ones where he said Raya wanted to leave?

If you honestly can’t take some element of “a pinch of salt” with his comments, id give up reading them.

I look at evidence, in all likelihood a 23 year old keeper will be sold for £3 million and replaced with a 23 year old loanee. 

The club needs to balance the books, fine. But even if Raya did want to leave, that doesn’t preclude experience being brought in as a replacement 

Along with the expected defensive signings, extremely odd business for a club with one of the worst defences in the EFL.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

Look, you don't need to keep repeating yourself., we know you don't rate Mowbray. 

Can you also stop the text speak please?

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Holy smokes, that chestnut has surely been debunked by now.

It would have been if anyone was convinced that TM sees Travis as a starter when everybody is available. He should be but you still get the feeling TM doesn't see him as a ''safe'' option and will defer to his tried and tested

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

I think he likely assumes most fans are wise enough to know he can never reveal the whole picture, despite his tendency to “wax lyrical”.

'Defenders are coming'.

Mowbray, T, 2019. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Q-1 How much negativity can you fit in a response to the news Travis has signed a new long-term deal? 

Answer- See  above 

The positivity will come from seeing him as one of the first names on the team sheet as he should be. 

Anyway, Glad you're enjoying the great things going on at present. Enjoy.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Tony Mowbray, no abbreviated text speak.

We aren't currently looking to add to the moderating team, but I'll keep your details on file for next time!

• Like 1

I believe we have missed out on our 1st 3 choices for keeper slot. was Ruddy or Hart ever realistic target or even Mowbray targets? not what Ive heard. Rich Sharpe has said we have missed out on targets for the Keeper slot. 

I like Eastwood and think he is decent number 2 for us. just not sure Walton is the right choice as number 1 keeper at this stage. I still Believe selling Raya was right for the club and people also need to realise he wanted out aswell. 

@Bbrovers2288 Martinez, the Arsenal keeper who was on loan at Reading last season would have been an excellent signing. Thankyou for sharing the info.  You are spot on about the Keeper search hasn't gone the way Mowbray and club wanted. 

I hope the Walton deal is loan to buy deal. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

I am amused by the attempts to paint Mowbray's musings as some kind of highly intelligent ploy to sucker other clubs and managers into giving us their players on the cheap. Because other clubs would totally not see through that, only a small section of our fanbase. Makes sense.

Or Mowbray is finding himself unable to bring in the players he wanted and is changing his position on an almost weekly basis to justify what has so far been a somewhat baffling transfer window. I mean, it isn't that dissimilar to what happened last summer - the only question is who will be our deadline day prize this year? Can't be much worse than last year's catch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

It's all academic really. They don't invest in us.

All this talk about FFP and budgets betray short memories that we are something like -£50m net spend on the squad under these lot. 

Have you seen our debt, well over 100 mil, they invest every month just to keep us going, have  you been keeping up with Bolton, must be heartbreaking for their fans, not sure what you mean saying they don’t invest, doesn’t matter how much people hate the owners, the truth is we need them more than they need us, sometimes it’s better the devil you know.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Biz said:

scattergun contracts eh!

delighted that Travis has signed a new contract. great news

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I look at evidence, in all likelihood a 23 year old keeper will be sold for £3 million and replaced with a 23 year old loanee. 

The club needs to balance the books, fine. But even if Raya did want to leave, that doesn’t preclude experience being brought in as a replacement 

Along with the expected defensive signings, extremely odd business for a club with one of the worst defences in the EFL.

W have missed out our 1st choices for the keeper slot. We missed out on a foreign target aswell for the slot as Rich Sharpe as reported. We have the Martinez deal which hasn't worked out as we would have like. Sadly this happened. So we have had to work down our list. not ideal Walton replacing Raya as I would agree but if he the best we can get the fair enough. 

We seemed to be saving the rest of the money for centre back permanent so that's see if we can get this done and dusted before the start of the season. The time to judge the transfer window and our business is after the window closes not now. 

Just now, unsall said:

Have you seen our debt, well over 100 mil, they invest every month just to keep us going, have  you been keeping up with Bolton, must be heartbreaking for their fans, not sure what you mean saying they don’t invest, doesn’t matter how much people hate the owners, the truth is we need them more than they need us, sometimes it’s better the devil you know.

I'd take that chance, they can feck off tomorrow for me.theres no debt on the club. They are in as much shyte because they'll never get what they've invested...The club is bigger than shystersvenkys, there would be a queue to buy us and some good people 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

Just now, unsall said:

Unsall, they invest every month to deal with the abject mess they started 10 years ago . Its completely self inflicted. So yes , if they up sticks and go we could be in a terrible mess but  this is all their own doing and for which not only will they get no credit from me but I will hate them with a passion as long as I live.   

• Like 7

Hold on Eastwood, Simon Eastwood?

We must be on planing Z at this point to bring in Simon Eastwood, would rather just have Fisher as the backup and save the wage for a proper number one.

As many on here said, selling Raya was a huge mistake. Huge potential and not on a big wage, and now Walton and Eastwood. 

Some bullshit excuse from Mowbray saying he can spend the money on a defender, well either bring one in or keep it shut

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Fairly obvious, as alluded to by TM, that the sale of Raya was a necessity and nothing to do with ‘wanting experience and a keeper with game management’

£3 million into the budget, and replace him with a lad of the same age on loan and a cheap, back up journeyman.

The bit I don’t get is spending all of our budget on Gallagher (who we don’t need) and having nothing left to spend on a goalkeeper and experienced centre half (that we do).

However, Occam’s razor suggests that we have all but done our business:

- Walton as number one, Leutwiler as number two

- Mulgrew and Lenihan remain first choice and the young City loanee will be understudy

- Gallagher to replace Nuttall (further up the batting order) and be the insurance policy against Graham getting injured

- Smallwood likely to go out on loan now that we have Johnson

- Travis is the ‘replacement’ for Reed

- Downing replaced Conway

Mowbray will continue with ‘operation evolution, not revolution’. There is no pressure on him, he does not live and die by his results, form, signings, even relegation, like every other manager does. He can build slowly. Which is great - if it works and provided Venkys can just keep adding to our debt ever year (and never leave).

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We seemed to be saving the rest of the money for centre back permanent so that's see if we can get this done and dusted before the start of the season. The time to judge the transfer window and our business is after the window closes not now. 

Are we? Not a lot of noise apart from the young loanee from City coming in.

Hope you are right, because another young keeper and a young loanee at the back is nowhere near enough to improve what is a very poor defence.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2