BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Nail on head IMO>

Also, can you see the likes of Hart, Carson and Ruddy wanting to come to Rovers with the kid Benson as goalkeeper coach!  Think it's laughable.

Here we go. The kid Benson. I don't understand the derogatory term against him at all. He's a grown man. 

• Like 4

Let’s be real coyle was and is a tw@t and nearly ruined us there can be no further argument on that point.

As good as Smallwood was in L1 he is out of his depth now there are better players in the squad he has been usurped by the youngsters who appear to be grabbing their chances a bit like a young Johnson did when he was a young lad. Evans should follow Nuttall as well should go on loan. It’s time to trim the squad down to 25/27 players and get them playing attacking football from the off. Like some one has mentioned there are teams much worse off than us in this league even the relegated teams seem to be on a par with the established top 6 teams. Rovers have a real chance to make an impact from the off.

• Like 5

I don't see how it can go from, "we'll hope to have two coming in tomorrow", to now Sharpe saying, "hopefully we'll know more next week. 

Mowbray keeps saying things and promising things he shouldn't. Started at that meeting at Ewood when he said "new defenders are coming" and we've yet to sign a single one.

3 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Coyle was that and more. He failed miserably with the players you listed.  

Mowbray may not be Klopp or Guardiola but he's a far cry from Coyle - a man who should never get another job in football.

I'm sorry Mercer, but you don't half spout nonsense....

Coyle was an absolute joke, both in how he set us up to play and his lieing media interviews. 

That idiot is a close second to Steve Keen when it comes to awful managers. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Let’s be real coyle was and is a tw@t and nearly ruined us there can be no further argument on that point.

As good as Smallwood was in L1 he is out of his depth now there are better players in the squad he has been usurped by the youngsters who appear to be grabbing their chances a bit like a young Johnson did when he was a young lad. Evans should follow Nuttall as well should go on loan. It’s time to trim the squad down to 25/27 players and get them playing attacking football from the off. Like some one has mentioned there are teams much worse off than us in this league even the relegated teams seem to be on a par with the established top 6 teams. Rovers have a real chance to make an impact from the off.

If we play the quality we have i honestly think we could challenge top 6. Our problem is our Manager really can't seem to start these players. This is his last chance for me to start well - if not then i'd want mowbray out by xmas.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I don't see how it can go from, "we'll hope to have two coming in tomorrow", to now Sharpe saying, "hopefully we'll know more next week. 

Mowbray keeps saying things and promising things he shouldn't. Started at that meeting at Ewood when he said "new defenders are coming" and we've yet to sign a single one.

This happens all the time.

I cant work out if Mowbray just comes out with stuff he thinks people want to hear whenever a microphone is stuck in front of him or whether he genuinely expects what he says to happen but things keep on moving and changing.

There's certainly very little consistency in what he comes out with and it is understandable why people are frustrated and disappointed with it. 

Whether it is budgets, calibre of player, positions, timings - Mowbray's comments to me seem to be all over the place. Maybe it's some cunning plan to confuse the competition or maybe we are all over the place on the whim of crackpots in India.

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

If we play the quality we have i honestly think we could challenge top 6. Our problem is our Manager really can't seem to start these players. This is his last chance for me to start well - if not then i'd want mowbray out by xmas.

Not without serious reinforcements to that defensive unit. I foresee more thrashings away from home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray's brief was to keep us that season.  He told us that at Blues back in Feb.  He failed - full stop. 

taking lessons from Boris J on how not to answer the question ? 

I agree with you, Mowbray failed in his first season target, - he would probably admit that much himself -

Your original assertion is that Rovers are no better off now than when he arrived.  

in Feb 2107, when Mowbray arrived, we were 23rd in the Championship table, that's second bottom,

the team as follows

993344116_Screenshot2019-07-2216_30_11.png.de87f92a43b626ffffa14611b5a36d1c.png

Subs - Emnes, Feeney, Wes Brown, Conway, Tomlinson, Raya, Nyambe.

My recollections were of a club with little purpose and direction, potentially headed for oblivion and with no semblance of anyone in the management structure with the gumption to recognise that fact, or plan to reverse it.  There will be a point where Mowbray will have taken Rovers as far as he can in the club's current form,  I don't believe it has yet been reached, but I do believe that Mowbray will know himself and its just a likely he will walk rather someone needing to fire him - there's been a fair few manager's through our doors in recent years of which that certainly couldn't be said.  

Like many, I'm baffled why the defence hasn't yet been bolstered, and in the lack of the goalkeeper of note arriving, but worse off than when Mowbray arrived?? No, Nay, Never.......

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

To be fair I think Sharpe said that before Mowbray said 2 will be coming today. But still it doesnt look like 2 will be signing today unless the fax machine is broke again and someone manages to fix it quick

Just now, JHRover said:

This happens all the time.

I cant work out if Mowbray just comes out with stuff he thinks people want to hear whenever a microphone is stuck in front of him or whether he genuinely expects what he says to happen but things keep on moving and changing.

There's certainly very little consistency in what he comes out with and it is understandable why people are frustrated and disappointed with it. 

Whether it is budgets, calibre of player, positions, timings - Mowbray's comments to me seem to be all over the place. Maybe it's some cunning plan to confuse the competition or maybe we are all over the place on the whim of crackpots in India.

Scouting my arse..!

4 hours ago, Biz said:

scattergun contracts eh!

E? That one isn't but it doesn't wipe out the daft decisions you have alluded to. In truth any manager who didn't tie up Travis long-term is an idiot.

• Backroom

12 days until our first match of the season. No first team goalkeeper, no defensive reinforcements. The only signings on the horizon a loan goalie arguably no better than Raya and a City youngster on loan. And even those are dragging for unknown reasons. Worrying times. 

• Like 2

Just now, CD_93 said:

Sharpe says nothing more today but no reason to panic - told “everything is on track.”

Bit late for that! Been Chernobyl in here for weeks.

When was the last time one of our signings was leaked long in advance?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

W have missed out our 1st choices for the keeper slot. We missed out on a foreign target aswell for the slot as Rich Sharpe as reported. We have the Martinez deal which hasn't worked out as we would have like. Sadly this happened. So we have had to work down our list. not ideal Walton replacing Raya as I would agree but if he the best we can get the fair enough. 

We seemed to be saving the rest of the money for centre back permanent so that's see if we can get this done and dusted before the start of the season. The time to judge the transfer window and our business is after the window closes not now. 

That reads a lot like failure. Its the recruiting team's job to identify their targets and chase them down. We missed out on Bauer too after pursuing him for a year and a half.

So more bullshit from the manager yet again.

"Two signings in the next 24 hours"... shut up Tony. 

If I kept setting these deadlines in my job and kept blatantly lying and missing them... well, I'd be in a lot of bother. Not Tony Mowbray it seems.

Just now, 47er said:

That reads a lot like failure. Its the recruiting team's job to identify their targets and chase them down. We missed out on Bauer too after pursuing him for a year and a half.

Nah, just reads like the real world. Good stuff Chaddy.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

So more bullshit from the manager yet again.

"Two signings in the next 24 hours"... shut up Tony. 

If I kept setting these deadlines in my job and kept blatantly lying and missing them... well, I'd be in a lot of bother. Not Tony Mowbray it seems.

If you called everyone at work who gave information that later transpired to have been incorrect a liar, you’d be in a lot more bother...

• Like 1