BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

It's pointless trying to justify with some posters. Whatever mowbary does, he can't be criticized. He could blow up certain poster's homes, molest the cat and set fire to the grandma and he would do no wrong in their eyes

2 hours ago, Biz said:

It’s not always that simple. Raya May have forced it to the extent where he would be unsettled. They may have had ample choice at that time. I don’t know the full ins and outs, hence why I’d try not to be too close minded about how and why it happened.

Theraya May? (no txt please)

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Coyle brought in Mulgrew and Graham.

Without those two players, I think Mowbray would have been well and truly stuffed.

The only signing Mowbray has made which comes close to the success of Mulgrew and Graham is Dack.

Rothwell?

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

So more bullshit from the manager yet again.

"Two signings in the next 24 hours"... shut up Tony. 

If I kept setting these deadlines in my job and kept blatantly lying and missing them... well, I'd be in a lot of bother. Not Tony Mowbray it seems.

Have you considered not everything at the club rests on TM's shoulders?

A player could have backtracked on wanting to move, selling club suddenly backed out or wanted more money, deal done but just waiting on final paperwork before going public etc etc.

Feels like a witch hunt sometimes, with whenever something doesn't work out perfectly, someone needs to be hung out to dry!

Edited by jones_rover
  • Like 2

Add to what merce said, mowbary Has left us in exactly the same position was when he came in. Has he significantly improved the squad? No. Are rovers results by and large been better with him in this league than when could left us? Debatable. Is his transfer dealings that much better? no. I don't want to keep bashing the guy because I'm sure he's a decent human being but as a manager. To coin an American phrase, he sucks! He just isn't up to the modern game. His style went out with the Dave bassets of this world. I don't think he has the capacity to attract a decent calibre of player, maybe he hasn't got the gift of the gab or maybe he's just not very bright in general. He falls back on the safe option every time. I hope I'm proven wrong and he brings in 2 or 3 amazing signings

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Perhaps Coyle wasn't quite the 'donut' you think.

No! Sorry you've gone too far there.Most of thought (knew?) we would be relegated the second we heard he was the new manager!

He truly was that donut. Whoever he signed we were going down on fitness and training issues alone.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nah, just reads like the real world. Good stuff Chaddy.

Not really an argument that is it? Quite a patronising comment too. Some of things you say at times mate aren’t consistent with living in the “real world” that’s for sure. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

There will be a point where Mowbray will have taken Rovers as far as he can in the club's current form,  I don't believe it has yet been reached,

I believe its been reached but we'll see as the season progresses. I've no faith that we will ever be promoted with him in charge.

He's done a lot of good work but.....

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Add to what merce said, mowbary Has left us in exactly the same position was when he came in. Has he significantly improved the squad? No. Are rovers results by and large been better with him in this league than when could left us? Debatable. Is his transfer dealings that much better? no. I don't want to keep bashing the guy because I'm sure he's a decent human being but as a manager. To coin an American phrase, he sucks! He just isn't up to the modern game. His style went out with the Dave bassets of this world. I don't think he has the capacity to attract a decent calibre of player, maybe he hasn't got the gift of the gab or maybe he's just not very bright in general. He falls back on the safe option every time. I hope I'm proven wrong and he brings in 2 or 3 amazing signings

30 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

taking lessons from Boris J on how not to answer the question ? 

I agree with you, Mowbray failed in his first season target, - he would probably admit that much himself -

Your original assertion is that Rovers are no better off now than when he arrived.  

in Feb 2107, when Mowbray arrived, we were 23rd in the Championship table, that's second bottom,

the team as follows

993344116_Screenshot2019-07-2216_30_11.png.de87f92a43b626ffffa14611b5a36d1c.png

Subs - Emnes, Feeney, Wes Brown, Conway, Tomlinson, Raya, Nyambe.

My recollections were of a club with little purpose and direction, potentially headed for oblivion and with no semblance of anyone in the management structure with the gumption to recognise that fact, or plan to reverse it.  There will be a point where Mowbray will have taken Rovers as far as he can in the club's current form,  I don't believe it has yet been reached, but I do believe that Mowbray will know himself and its just a likely he will walk rather someone needing to fire him - there's been a fair few manager's through our doors in recent years of which that certainly couldn't be said.  

Like many, I'm baffled why the defence hasn't yet been bolstered, and in the lack of the goalkeeper of note arriving, but worse off than when Mowbray arrived?? No, Nay, Never.......

Jason steele in goal, Akpan, Guthrie, Lowe. On the bench... Emnes, Feeney, Wes Brown, Conway, Tomlinson. 

Seriously can't see an improvement in the squad? 

Raya sold for 5 million, Dack, Rothwell, Nyambe, Travis are all first team players. With the likes of Chapman, Buckley and a number of other youngsters coming through. We also have a scouting network. 

Name one 1 million pound player in the squad we had under Coyle? At a push Lenihan, but he has progressed greatly under Tony not Coyle. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I have a suspicion that a decision to loan out or even sell Leutwiler has already been made; I'm pretty sure he is going to want first-team football, and I think he'll find that in League One or possibly even at a lower Championship club. This would explain the need for two new goalkeepers - a first-teamer and a reserve.

When all is said and done, I never felt comfortable with Raya in goal. Potential? Yes, but it's quite amazing how just a few months ago he was billed on here as somebody who would be a liability, and yet now he is seen as "the one that got away". I think it's the Steven Reid syndrome; absence makes the heart grow fonder. Done is done. He must have wanted to move on if he was sold this early in the window, and whether it's Mowbray not wanting him anymore, Raya not wanting to be here, or both... It no longer matters. Done is done, and we're going to be having a new goalkeeper, which I welcome, really. We need a shake up across the entire defence.

Theres not a chance that Leutweiler would go to another club in the Championship and get first team football. Hes hopeless.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He has improved the squad. If you don't think he has, you are so blinkered by your dislike of him that you aren't seeing reality. 

Compare and contrast our squad when he took over v now. Ludicrous to say he hasn't. I didn't even read on after that because it's so factually incorrect. 

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres not a chance that Leutweiler would go to another club in the Championship and get first team football. Hes hopeless.

I feel he was signed just for the reason of having games called off due to internationals, 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Deals not announced today due to communication issues with India to get the final green light to complete. Therein lies the problem with absent owners. Photographer requested for tomorrow so they must be hopefull of concluding one or two . Still a bit of a shambles to be honest 

If they’ve got a budget to work to why the green light being required? I don’t know any business who operates this way

36 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It's pointless trying to justify with some posters. Whatever mowbary does, he can't be criticized. He could blow up certain poster's homes, molest the cat and set fire to the grandma and he would do no wrong in their eyes

No, I think some people are just reasonable and look at things objectively. Then you have posters who are so blinkered in their dislike for him that they say crazy stuff like he hasn't improved the squad since taking over. 

This is said a bit and I think it's stupid. I don't see anyone stand up for him to the point of insanity. Which is what you are suggesting. 

Some posters just don't post every hour that they hate him. Like some do. You know the type. Don't ya? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Scotland1 said:

If they’ve got a budget to work to why the green light being required? I don’t know any business who operates this way

Because they are still the money and need to approve it, mowbray doesn’t have free reign to sign players whoever and whenever he likes, everything goes through the boss first 

31 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Add to what merce said, mowbary Has left us in exactly the same position was when he came in. Has he significantly improved the squad? No. Are rovers results by and large been better with him in this league than when could left us? Debatable.

If that's really what you think then I'm afraid there isn't much hope for you. Those aren't opinions, they're disprovable nonsense.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So more bullshit from the manager yet again.

"Two signings in the next 24 hours"... shut up Tony. 

If I kept setting these deadlines in my job and kept blatantly lying and missing them... well, I'd be in a lot of bother. Not Tony Mowbray it seems.

Deals not announced today due to communication issues with India to get the final green light to complete. Therein lies the problem with absent owners. Photographer requested for tomorrow so they must be hopefull of concluding one or two . Still a bit of a shambles to be honest 

Good job we didn't burn poor Tony at the stake!

• Like 1

Because they are still the money and need to approve it, mowbray doesn’t have free reign to sign players whoever and whenever he likes, everything goes through the boss first 

If you’ve delegated responsibility as in to waggott In this case a set budget for the season then he’s been given an allowance to spend as he sees fit.

I don’t sign of my other departments payments once they’ve been allocated budgets, I’ve passed it to them to work with the budget they have.

Simarly Blackburn council don’t go and ask the government to approve every penny they spend! Why? Because they’ve been entrusted with a budget to manage themselves.

To suggest otherwise is not the way how a business usually operates but this is venkys.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2