BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Deals not announced today due to communication issues with India to get the final green light to complete. Therein lies the problem with absent owners. Photographer requested for tomorrow so they must be hopefull of concluding one or two . Still a bit of a shambles to be honest 

Heard anything in Hoilett

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Last season, there were eight players from the Coyle era who started at least 23 league games (half a season) or more:

Raya, Nyambe, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Bennett, Evans and Graham (Mulgrew, Williams & Graham being Coyle permanant signings).

Add to that list Gallagher who Coyle brought in on loan and who now Mowbray has just splashed £5million.

I would also point out that the plethora of Aacademy talent eg Travis, Butterwoth, Buckley, Magloire etc etc was all here when Mowbray arrived and has been developed by Johnno.  

Perhaps Coyle wasn't quite the 'donut' you think.

I do think that sometimes, people are a bit harsh in response to your posts to be honest, but the bit in bold has me wondering why anyone would ever say this on a Rovers forum unless they were attempting to get some serious bites.

A truly terrible comment, it really is.

Coyle was an absolutely horrendous manager for us, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. He was the doughnut we all thought and more. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Deals not announced today due to communication issues with India to get the final green light to complete. Therein lies the problem with absent owners. Photographer requested for tomorrow so they must be hopefull of concluding one or two . Still a bit of a shambles to be honest 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Because they are still the money and need to approve it, mowbray doesn’t have free reign to sign players whoever and whenever he likes, everything goes through the boss first 

Herein lies the problem.

Mowbray has done a decent job since he’s been here, particularly when you consider the clowns he is working for. 

Anyone who didn’t at least entertain the idea that the thus far farcical nature of our transfer business was down to those buffoons in India must be kidding themselves.

I quizzed Mowbray and Waggott on this at the consultation meeting, and they swore blind that they had a team of people who got deals done in different ways - none of which included interference from India. I was sceptical at the time and this is more evidence of their meddling. What if we now miss out on one or both of these signings? I doubt it would be the first time.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

I quizzed Mowbray and Waggott on this at the consultation meeting, and they swore blind that they had a team of people who got deals done in different ways - none of which included interference from India. I was sceptical at the time and this is more evidence of their meddling. What if we now miss out on one or both of these signings? I doubt it would be the first time.

No offence to @Bbrovers2288 but I don’t call that evidence, a snippet to create a more potential 2+2= scenario - there’s a plethora of player/agent/contract reasons any one transfer can stall.

Remember Degsy’s fax machine?

• Like 1

Not sure if this is already linked here;

Actual journo for paper in Brighton.

If it happens - I can say I’m “pas mal” about the raya deal including this. Wigan always seemed to defend better, perhaps we will if he’s the new no1!

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So more bullshit from the manager yet again.

"Two signings in the next 24 hours"... shut up Tony. 

If I kept setting these deadlines in my job and kept blatantly lying and missing them... well, I'd be in a lot of bother. Not Tony Mowbray it seems.

"Hopefully we will sign two players tomorrow."

Actually what he said.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

If you’ve delegated responsibility as in to waggott In this case a set budget for the season then he’s been given an allowance to spend as he sees fit.

I don’t sign of my other departments payments once they’ve been allocated budgets, I’ve passed it to them to work with the budget they have.

Simarly Blackburn council don’t go and ask the government to approve every penny they spend! Why? Because they’ve been entrusted with a budget to manage themselves.

To suggest otherwise is not the way how a business usually operates but this is venkys.

How long has Venkys been here, it’s how they do their business and they aren’t going to change, I was told in the very early days by Simon Williams (son of John) that you wouldn’t believe how they operate, he said, if you can imagine how it’s done in Britain, well turn it completely around and that’s how they run all their businesses, everything has to be signed off in India, nothing new,just frustrating when we all want new faces through the door, hopefully better news tomorrow.

Travis new contract was obviously signed off before today, but when you are negotiating loans/ buys details must change right up to the last minute, and then they have to contact the bosses in India for the green light.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

I feel he was signed just for the reason of having games called off due to internationals, 

Some folk have a class way of undermining others. Whatever the reason for his having been employed by the club, he lives a lifestyle most of us would trade places for in a heartbeat. Good luck to him, every other Rovers player, all the fans, admin & support staff, suppliers and any other stakeholder who knows me. It's going to be a long hard slog of a season.

Just now, Biz said:

No offence to @Bbrovers2288 but I don’t call that evidence, a snippet to create a more potential 2+2= scenario - there’s a plethora of player/agent/contract reasons any one transfer can stall.

Remember Degsy’s fax machine?

Agreed, there are plenty of possible reasons... but I’m pretty sure he’s hit the nail on the head with the actual one.

The about turn on the defence, the sanctioning of money for Gallagher, the quick off loading of Raya, the ready wages for 30 somethings and the general shambles of trying to bring players in display all the hallmarks of Venky’s ownership. 

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Some folk have a class way of undermining others. Whatever the reason for his having been employed by the club, he lives a lifestyle most of us would trade places for in a heartbeat. Good luck to him, every other Rovers player, all the fans, admin & support staff, suppliers and any other stakeholder who knows me. It's going to be a long hard slog of a season.

?

Just now, Tormund said:

Sorry but how long does it take to get that young lad in from City on a loan deal?!

Probably a lot longer than you think, we’ve all seen the wage he’s on and we will be doing all we can for City to pay as much as we can squeeze out of them, also how long, 6 months,full season, takes a lot of negotiating with possibly other clubs in the mix as well.

• Like 1

Depends what happens this season really. If Mowbray takes us down has he really taken us on from where Coyle left us?

Personally I don't think finishing 15th is anything particular to write home about. However if we show significant improvement on that this year then obviously the Mowbray fans Will be justified in thinking we're heading in the right direction and the arguments of doubters like myself will carry less weight.

As for whether the squad is stronger, it's a moot argument really because TM has received substantial backing and spent around 18m since we went down, whereas Coyle was restricted to loan signings.

Several younger players have also come through like Travis and Lenihan and they might have come through anyway under a manager other than Mowbray. Conversely you could argue that certain youngsters like Nyambe and Raya regressed under TM.

So it's an impossible argument as you're not comparing like with like and furthermore I think everyone thought from the off Coyle wasn't the man so comparing Mowbray's record to his isn't a useful yardstick. We should expect and demand him to do far far better than that.

• Like 3

Just now, Miller11 said:

Agreed, there are plenty of possible reasons... but I’m pretty sure he’s hit the nail on the head with the actual one.

The about turn on the defence, the sanctioning of money for Gallagher, the quick off loading of Raya, the ready wages for 30 somethings and the general shambles of trying to bring players in display all the hallmarks of Venky’s ownership. 

About turn for defence? Rumoured to be signing one loan and one permanent. I don’t think it’s a magic wand scenario either, takes time. Those comments are only a few months old.

Cant see why investing in Gallagher is a bad thing.

What if Raya wanted out?

Downing and Johnson feel different to Murphy and Etuhu personally.

• Backroom

Thanks to Tony Mowbray and everyone at @Rovers for allowing me to train with them for the past few weeks. Was great to play and score a few goals. I wish them all the best this season.

I’m now ready for my next challenge.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Making a huge leap but I see millwall have bid on a defender from Wycombe, possibly because cooper is joining us and they need a replacement ? clutching 

I would say a signing like this would make all the faffing about in this window worth it, then I remember he would be behind Mulgrew until Christmas and just think what's the point.

• Like 1

Just now, unsall said:

Probably a lot longer than you think, we’ve all seen the wage he’s on and we will be doing all we can for City to pay as much as we can squeeze out of them, also how long, 6 months,full season, takes a lot of negotiating with possibly other clubs in the mix as well.

So basically, we're struggling to even get a loan deal over the line for a player that isn't really what we need in the first place?