BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, AdamRochina said:

After the season has finished I can bet you Charlie Adam will have more assists then anyone at this club probably even as many goals as our mids

£5 shiny pounds on that one Mr Rochina.

Add that to @roverandout ‘s relegation bet - I’m looking at least a free night out in Blackpool next June

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

No.  But if what I was told is accurate, things, quotes and events make a lot of sense.

Can you divulge more ? I am not questioning what you have suggested, i'm more curious as to what else has been going on

2 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Lure of being near London perhaps? Or working with a Spanish goalkeeping coach he's worked with before and knows well?

Not everything is cut and dry and putting over the top pride in your own club aside, there are probably plenty of reasons why a player would. Doesn't have to mean there's a crisis, some people just want a change. It happens

Let's hope it doesn't happen very often then.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

There's an increasing lack of patience when it comes to signings. Too many supporters (supposed grown men ?)  from a whole host of clubs hold on to the balls of the ITK people but simply can't hack it when things 'drag' on or fall through.  There's loads of time left this window and things always used to happen late July and early August (even in the days when you had to check the paper or teletext).  It's really not worth arguing or stressing over - save that for when Smallwood is first choice CB and Bennett RB three games in.

You do realise the new season starts in less than a fortnight? Not a factor in your thinking?

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

Can you divulge more ? I am not questioning what you have suggested, i'm more curious as to what else has been going on

Sorry, no but previous rumours and  subsequent high-profile events really cemented what I was told.  

Just now, Biz said:

£5 shiny pounds on that one Mr Rochina.

Add that to @roverandout ‘s relegation bet - I’m looking at least a free night out in Blackpool next June

I'd second that bet. No relegation for us this season and we have some good midfield talent in Chapman, Rothwell and Downing should ping a few crosses in.

Just now, 47er said:

You do realise the new season starts in less than a fortnight? Not a factor in your thinking?

I thought you were old enough and wise enough to know that this is nothing to panic about? How often do we do key business later in the summer?

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

Sorry, no but previous rumours and  subsequent high-profile events really cemented what I was told.  

I'd second that bet. No relegation for us this season and we have some good midfield talent in Chapman, Rothwell and Downing should ping a few crosses in.

Fair enough tbh it tallies with what I've been able to find out over the years and you can join the dots to a degree

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No.  But if what I was told is accurate, things, quotes and events make a lot of sense.

Big Sam certainly agreed a cut price sale of Jones to UTD and probably received a fat stuffed paper bag as a result. I recall Venkys were upset re:sale agreement in place and loosing on cheap 

Edited by markhayhurst

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

Fair enough tbh it tallies with what I've been able to find out over the years and you can join the dots to a degree

It made sense regarding some 'rash' decision making.

Just now, Pedro said:

I thought you were old enough and wise enough to know that this is nothing to panic about? How often do we do key business later in the summer?

Righto! After the season's started then, don't need early points do we?

And could you stop being so condescending?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That’s one take.

Or...

We had someone on trial, decided he wasn’t good enough to be worth a wage.

I’d have been pretty underwhelmed with him signing tbh.

Um, no he wasn’t on trial, he was ‘training’ with the club. We’ve been ‘training’ him to sign for our rivals Reading.

Just now, markhayhurst said:

Big Sam certainly agreed a cut price sale of Jones to UTD and probably received a fat stuffed paper bag as a result. I recall Venkys were upset re:sale agreement in place and loosing on cheap 

We sold a promising 18 year old for £18m - back when those kind of figures meant something.

I was annoyed at the time, but he certainly didn't go cheap. 

• Like 4

Just now, 47er said:

Righto! After the season's started then, don't need early points do we?

And could you stop being so condescending?

In all honesty, that's very rich coming from you.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We sold a promising 18 year old for £18m - back when those kind of figures meant something.

I was annoyed at the time, but he certainly didn't go cheap. 

19 year old, Fergie thought he would go on to become one of Manure's all-time greats, and we had another bid from Liverpool of over 20 million because they didn't know about his release clause.

He did go cheap. Cheaper than he should have anyway. He was looking like becoming a worldie, marked a peak Drogba out of a game, and looked set for about 14-16 more years of playing, including developing further. That works out at a bit over one million a season, ignoring the potential for a higher value resale.

The way it turned out later doesn't change any of this.

Edited by bluebruce

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes 7 million on a dud. Do you really trust mowbary to get any deals done between now and the close of the window? Other than 2 mediocre loans? I dont

Just now, bluebruce said:

19 year old, Fergie thought he would go on to become one of Manure's all-time greats, and we had another bid from Liverpool of over 20 million because they didn't know about his release clause.

He did go cheap. Cheaper than he should have anyway. He was looking like becoming a worldie, marked a peak Drogba out of a game, and looked set for about 14-16 more years of playing, including developing further. That works out at a bit over one million a season, ignoring the potential for a higher value resale.

The way it turned out later doesn't change any of this.

6 months before sale of Jones UTD wanted to buy Jones but rovers refused agreeing to let him go at end of season. His contact was renegotiated and a clause inserted. Despite Liverpool bidding higher he went to Utd who some how new the terms of the release clause. How they knew, why the clause was inserted etc we can only speculate what is certain is venkys were less than impressed and tried to argue that we should receive more more net etc from sale. Again we can only speculate whether this was a factor in their loss of faith in sam/walker etc (exact times/dates etc not sure of long time ago)

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Yes 7 million on a dud. Do you really trust mowbary to get any deals done between now and the close of the window? Other than 2 mediocre loans? I dont

We don't know he's a dud yet.  He's a bit of a kid who's had a handful of starts and needs to be played in his favoured position, not as a substituted fake wide midfielder. 

Do I trust Mowbray? To be honest, not entirely.  He seems to skirt past the blatantly obvious in favour of mundane midfielders or square pegs in round holes. Regardless, he's our best manager since Big Sam...which is quite damning on the others.

• Like 4