BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

14 hours ago, Biz said:

As anyone in footballs should be taken, judge their impact on’t pitch! 

Unfortunately I have seen Rovers play under Mowbray....

Needs to up his game on the pitch too, that collapse last season (was it 0 points in 10 odd games?) was pish poor. But at least he hasn't blamed the dew yet.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He did. 

‘It’s mainly somewhere to give them somewhere to train and get fit....

Charlie phoned me a few days ago and asked if he could come in and train,” Mowbray said.

“He knows a few of the lads and I said ‘no problem’.

“One of our young players Brad Lyons picked up a groin injury yesterday.

“Brad would have played and we needed to fill in with the bodies because I was going to play two lots of 45 minutes.

“I asked Charlie if he wanted to fill in and he said ‘yeah fine’ because that’s the sort of kid he is.’

Charlie is doing us a favour as we couldn't have played otherwise. How  many players do we have at rovers? 2-3 hundred? From 8s to 1st team but without Charlie's kindness we would have been screwed.

On the GK front, very disappointed, neither Walton or Eastwood are that good. I am not seeing the point of selling Raya. TM may have spoken harshly but he only did it once. I don't see the defence who also got slagged rotten screaming to leave. Perhaps TM should have tried harder to turn Raya round. At least he was our player.

so far I am not impressed at all with our summer business. Euro scouting department is clearly a waste of money as even a crap system would be running by now. I remain unconvinced it even exists. CF when we don't need one, BB all over again and some old has beens.

thrilling stuff indeed.

my biggest annoyance however is TM, he's like the wind, ever changing direction or words. Spin, spin spin or whatever needs to be said in the moment, no consisteny.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

How has Reading managed to sign Charlie Adam without a trial and a pre-season game? That looks like a huge gamble.

Not so much of a gamble. Charlie, a proven quality footballer, has had a good pre-season, played games, put in the shop window and obviously satisfied Reading. All thanks to Tony. We are such a giving Club. This will bite us in the arse, this season.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, 47er said:

Righto! After the season's started then, don't need early points do we?

And could you stop being so condescending?

How did you manage in every previous Summer window?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not so much of a gamble. Charlie, a proven quality footballer, has had a good pre-season, played games, put in the shop window and obviously satisfied Reading. All thanks to Tony. We are such a giving Club. This will bite us in the arse, this season.

Sounds like we gave the guy somewhere to get fit. We liked some of what we saw and maybe made him an offer. He took a bigger offer but nothing is lost. In fact it creates a positive perception around the club and football. 

When I posted that I’d prefer us to promote Buckley rather than sign Adam it got a lot of likes on here. So why are we now criticising what essentially was a good thing that the club did? They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Or he will end up being out injured on big wages.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

JRC is the biggest mover this summer. He’s the one who has really put himself in the 1st team picture with Buckley, Magloire and Butterworth. Grayson too but will probably go back on loan

Just goes to prove what a good job the academy is doing, costs 3 mil a year, and to keep their cat 1 status after relegation to league 1 was unbelievable,we all know how unpredictable our owners can be, but fair play to them to keep investing and looks like it’s paying off.

Excited to watch these youngsters coming through and hopefully getting game time this season, some real talent amongst them.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sounds like we gave the guy somewhere to get fit. We liked some of what we saw and maybe made him an offer. He took a bigger offer but nothing is lost. In fact it creates a positive perception around the club and football. 

When I posted that I’d prefer us to promote Buckley rather than sign Adam it got a lot of likes on here. So why are we now criticising what essentially was a good thing that the club did? They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. 

Because lots of people on here would rather see a young lad get a chance, me included, so you got lots of likes.

Some obviously like Adam and would like to have seen him sign. So they are disappointed.

Game of opinions, fancy that!

• Like 2

For me Adam was too much of a gamble on anything other than a basic salary with appearance top up, I simply cannot accept him taking up places ahead of young up and coming players. This clubs future revenue stream looks to be producing, building then selling young players.

I’m loathed to criticise Mowbray for this summers transfer window without knowing any facts, did we simply get gazumped for players or not having enough players scoped.

I went to an evening with Gary Bowyer when he was Blackpool manager (long story!) but he said something very interesting which I think could apply here. Bowyer said he could do lots of work finding a player and negotiating with his club only for the players agent to ring around other clubs saying “player X is available for Y what would you be willing to offer him” then losing the player. We may well have been victims of this a few times at the 11th hour, we will never know.

Edited by cesus
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

JRC is the biggest mover this summer. He’s the one who has really put himself in the 1st team picture with Buckley, Magloire and Butterworth. Grayson too but will probably go back on loan

I'd be amazed if any of them are in the match day squad, save for league cup games before Christmas.

It'll be Tony's "tried and tested" lieutenants as always until he gets made to change it due to players being unavailable etc.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

The word is disgusting, that’s why it is in context when referring to him.

Strong feelings require strong vocabulary.

there really needs to be a filter on here if you can’t call Steve Bloody Kean a “disgusting word”

Think you need to simmer down pal. You can insult that man all you want, but use of that word on here won’t fly. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Probably because different posters have different opinions, is my guess.

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

In all honesty, that's very rich coming from you.

Well,if I'm guilty of it point it out. You've been very patronising towards me 2 posts in a row so, let's both agree its unnecessary and not do it.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Did his best to get a final paycheck. Will be like Danny Murphy.

• Like 1

Rankin Costello at fullback is very exciting, had all the right attributes  to go long as Travis. Butterworth is also a pacy winger in Armstrong /Chapman mould. Think Magloire should go out on loan along with Buckley, Platt and Grayson to get more experience.