BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, AdamRochina said:

you laugh but hes drastically improved

Some lads are not ready for the step u, I think Sam Hart maybe now, and I think having a crop of young lads like him around has benefited him greatly,  I had him down as one who would leave permanently this summer, I don't think this will be the case now

I’m not mowbrays biggest fan and believe he has made a bit of a hash of the summer window- still time. But if he believes in the youngsters and gets a tune out of them then I will happily hold my hands up that I was wrong. I will leave it 10 games before I got my mowbray out pitchfork out

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes. Losing one of your "crown jewels" and replacng them with someone on loan is not progress.

You're just kicking the problem down the road for 6 or 12 months as someone said above.

If he is better, it could be counted as progress, but I take the point that ideally we should have signed someone permanent. At least we have a year to do that now. 

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Some of you may know I'm not a Blackburn fan, I have a real soft spot for them through family connections and work

I have watched the young players come through for the last 4/5 years (I watch more youth football than 1st team football across the board) and I can honestly say the group on the verge of making it into the 1st team are up there with best around at the minute, Butterworth, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Magloire and Grayson could be the start of something special, add to this Travis who for me has to be up there as the most improved youngster in the football league, Joe Rothwell who has all the makings of being a £10mil pound player in a few years if used right, Gallagher, Brereton, Davenport, Nyambi, Lenihan, Hart etc all still the other side of 25 and it excites me, keep the faith and hope TM uses these lads right and the future is very bright IMO for Rovers

Great post, very encouraging... however the part in bold is the part I dread.

"Hope Mowbray uses these lads right", he won't.

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m not mowbrays biggest fan and believe he has made a bit of a hash of the summer window- still time. But if he believes in the youngsters and gets a tune out of them then I will happily hold my hands up that I was wrong. I will leave it 10 games before I got my mowbray out pitchfork out

In all honesty mine is his starting 11 on the first 3 games. Can sign all the players he wants and I'll be happy. But as soon as that first line up includes Evans instead of Travis & Downing for Rothwell its Tony out for me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Some of you may know I'm not a Blackburn fan, I have a real soft spot for them through family connections and work

I have watched the young players come through for the last 4/5 years (I watch more youth football than 1st team football across the board) and I can honestly say the group on the verge of making it into the 1st team are up there with best around at the minute, Butterworth, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Magloire and Grayson could be the start of something special, add to this Travis who for me has to be up there as the most improved youngster in the football league, Joe Rothwell who has all the makings of being a £10mil pound player in a few years if used right, Gallagher, Brereton, Davenport, Nyambi, Lenihan, Hart etc all still the other side of 25 and it excites me, keep the faith and hope TM uses these lads right and the future is very bright IMO for Rovers

Great insight, thanks!

Which of the above do you think would benefit most from a year out on loan?

And any that you most think could make a break in the first team this year?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So should we flog Dack and get a replacement in on loan as well?

If the replacement is miles better, yes. 

i get the point you’re trying to make but Raya wasn’t one of our best players last season and certainly isn’t irreplaceable. Dack is slightly different.

Im underwhelmed but prepared to give him a chance. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

In all honesty mine is his starting 11 on the first 3 games. Can sign all the players he wants and I'll be happy. But as soon as that first line up includes Evans instead of Travis & Downing for Rothwell its Tony out for me. 

Even if we win 5-0?

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

If the replacement is miles better, yes. 

i get the point you’re trying to make but Raya wasn’t one of our best players last season and certainly isn’t irreplaceable. Dack is slightly different.

Im underwhelmed but prepared to give him a chance. 

We've replaced him with someone the Wigan fans thought wasnt really good enough, and they saw him for two years.. Of course I'll give him a chance but Im hardly sure it's an upgrade.

As for the question posed on the last page, if we now brought a good centre half in because of the money we have freed up then I would be ok with the transfer. As it is, it is a bit underwhelming.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Even if we win 5-0?

Most probably. I dont like Mowbray - last season was enough to decide that. Strange tactics & unfair comments to certain players. There is no reason what so ever to have Travis & Rothwell on the bench come the first game. We all agree on that. Like I said (one last chance) we will see how we start the season. I would rather draw against charlton playing the players we should than win with Tony's friends.

• Like 1

Just now, jones_rover said:

Great insight, thanks!

Which of the above do you think would benefit most from a year out on loan?

And any that you most think could make a break in the first team this year?

To be honest I'm not sure, loan moves must benifit both club and player, if I was pushed I can see the the lads who've come through the academy all staying put and training with the 1st team, and getting game time as and when(I think Wharton, Platt, Nuttall, Lyons etc are most likely to go out on loan)

if I was pushed with regards to loans with the 5 academy lads I would opt for Tyler, Joe Grayson and JRC, maybe, I don't think Buckley and Butterworth are ready for loans yet as any loan would be L1 or L2 at least and the physicality may not yet benefit them all this is just my opinion of course

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It's too simplistic to always blame Venkys.

Fact is that Mowbray has spent substantial money (£5m) and wages (probably £50kpw) this summer on three players in positions we didnt "need" in Downing, Johnson and Gallagher. 

Had he done the same but on an experience GK, £5m CB and a free agent LB (Olsson), that would be different. Truth is, it's the person that signs the players that is making the mistakes this summer.

I agree, however it’s Venkys that are appointing these shite managers. They haven’t appointed a good manager since they came in 8 years ago, they’re the common denominator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Very meh signing, hopefully he’s a good un but I was expecting this was the back up option so hopefully a solid number one will be here as well 

Tom, there’s no chance he is going to be number 2 to an experienced keeper. 

He’s a loanee number 1, with an inferior, but cheap as chips, Leutwiler on the bench and both of them will report to the text book king. We have not improved our goalkeeping unit at all. Let’s hope Walton is a self-starter. Maybe him only being on loan will give him some incentive to impress.

The other thing we need: an experienced, agricultural Championship standard centre back. What are we going for? Another kid to ‘help’ the first team (Tony’s inner circle).

Ironically the only position we have actually upgraded this Summer is bringing in Gallagher for Brereton - all without admitting it was a mistake to waste our budget for two season while allowing other positions to regress.

Mowbray is the Jason Roberts of football management. He can have the odd blinder - usually when he attacks with his instinct - but give him a decision to make and he will male the wrong one.

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Most probably. I dont like Mowbray - last season was enough to decide that. Strange tactics & unfair comments to certain players. There is no reason what so ever to have Travis & Rothwell on the bench come the first game. We all agree on that. Like I said (one last chance) we will see how we start the season. I would rather draw against charlton playing the players we should than win with Tony's friends.

So you would rather your personal opinion and view receives validation above a better result for the team and therefore the likelihood of most Rovers fans being happy with a win. You'd make a great modern day politician.

• Like 1