BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Things clearly didn’t pan out with the new goalie(s), but even a slight upgrade and £3 million extra to spend now gets my vote. Maybe Fisher will be ready next year.

Haven’t we already spent it?

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

Just had a look backm Conway, Evans, Smallwood, Palmer all started in midfield that night with Arma upfront on his own. 

That was a team set up for a pasting!!

I recall it was a ood job we had Raya.

I've no issue with Johnson or Downing but not sure we needed them both.

Downing as a replacement for Conway, in my opinion he will offer us more.

Bradley Johnson was one of Derby's better players last year and has been one of the better midfielders in the championship throughout his career, it would be nice if he was a few years younger but can see him playing a big role this season..

Travis  Johnson

Arma/Rothwell, Dack, Rothwell/Downing

Compare that to our team at Derby how is it not an improvement?

Plus if Chapman gets over his fitness issues and if Butterworth can step up, in my opinion we are much improved in both midfield and attack compared to 12 months ago 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Fairly unrelated point. But that rubbish actually has an author’s byline.

Modern football journalism, just nick a load of tweets and bang them in an article.

Chapman scoring two and Nuttall one for the u23s tonight, not half time yet.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Travis  Johnson

Armstrong    Dack    Rothwell

Compare that to our team at Derby how is it not an improvement?

It's the 5 behind that that's (still the, if not more of) the problem.

2019)                   Walton

Bennett     Lenihan    Mulgrew      Bell

Or:

@ Derby)              Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan    Williams     Bell

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Wooo chapman scores for u23's. Damm i hope this lad stays fit. He could be big for us this year if fit

I'm a massive fan of him and like you say, could be a massive player if fit.

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

Chapman scoring two and Nuttall one for the u23s tonight, not half time yet.

Why do you keep quoting a totally unrelated post of mine when you are posting??

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Boroblue said:

Not relevant to our transfer but looks like Middlesbrough are signing our old boy Todd Kane and are happy about it

Not sure I've ever seen a player stay at one club so long without making an appearance for them. 26 in September!

Just now, Pedro said:

I'm a massive fan of him and like you say, could be a massive player if fit.

He has the ability to be a difference maker in them close games. Just badly needs a run of games and to stay fit

On the  composition of his goalkeeping department, the boss added: “We’re thinking two, but let’s get one done first.

“In an ideal world we’d probably bring in a more experienced one and then a younger one to compete.

So which one is Walton ?

Or is he the centre half / goalkeeper / winger ?

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

It's the 5 behind that that's (still the, if not more of) the problem.

2019)                   Walton

Bennett     Lenihan    Mulgrew      Bell

Or:

@ Derby)              Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan    Williams     Bell

yeah agree we need to be signing an experienced centre half, and a left back and rb if I had my way, I'm a Nyambe fan but it doesn't seem Mowbray is when he keeps favouring Bennett 

2 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Some of you may know I'm not a Blackburn fan, I have a real soft spot for them through family connections and work

I have watched the young players come through for the last 4/5 years (I watch more youth football than 1st team football across the board) and I can honestly say the group on the verge of making it into the 1st team are up there with best around at the minute, Butterworth, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Magloire and Grayson could be the start of something special, add to this Travis who for me has to be up there as the most improved youngster in the football league, Joe Rothwell who has all the makings of being a £10mil pound player in a few years if used right, Gallagher, Brereton, Davenport, Nyambi, Lenihan, Hart etc all still the other side of 25 and it excites me, keep the faith and hope TM uses these lads right and the future is very bright IMO for Rovers

You’re absolutely right. It does look like we have a golden generation of young players coming through our youth system and the future is bright if they stick around. Add that to the likes of Rothwell, Brereton (I think he’ll come good) and Chapman, and we have a very good set of young players. 

The transfer dealings so far have lacked the wow factor, but our younger players coming through mean we could have a very strong year. 

• Like 1