BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We conceded 69 goals last season, Tony Mowbray said defenders are coming, but we aren’t supposed to question what our manager says as he has a microphone shoved in front of him all the time apparently. 

Anyone with two working eyes can see that the manager was right in saying we need new defenders, but apparently if we criticise him for not delivering what he said he would we are too negative. 

The internet is a strange place sometimes.

Is the transfer window over?

Are you losing your balance on the fence K?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We conceded 69 goals last season, Tony Mowbray said defenders are coming, but we aren’t supposed to question what our manager says as he has a microphone shoved in front of him all the time apparently. 

Anyone with two working eyes can see that the manager was right in saying we need new defenders, but apparently if we criticise him for not delivering what he said he would we are too negative. 

The internet is a strange place sometimes.

Well said....

20 minutes ago, JayDee said:

We can't announce 2 in a day, God forbid. They're saving it for tomorrow I guess

Dude come on, pens are dead heavy and signing your name very draining, we can't expect Venketesh to sign 2 cheques in one day. You must be a ball basher of a boss.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Anyone know what actually happened there?

Did he get a short term deal whilst he gets treatment?

It's all very strange isn't it? There's no mention of his progress or anything these days. Insurance must be footing the bill

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

BRFCS goggles are in fine fettle when David Raya is a crown jewel and Adam turns from being a clapped out pensioner the day he arrived at Brockhall to someone who will single-handedly destroy our top 6 hopes when he left three weeks later.

Things clearly didn’t pan out with the new goalie(s), but even a slight upgrade and £3 million extra to spend now gets my vote. Maybe Fisher will be ready next year.

Also, I’d have chipped in a fiver myself to pay for Travis and Buckley to spend three weeks training with Charlie Adam.

3 million extra absolutely wasted on a needless striker signing when defenders are the main concern

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why do you keep quoting a totally unrelated post of mine when you are posting??

Same reason he pretends to be in the know, attention and reaction.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

BRFCS goggles are in fine fettle when David Raya is a crown jewel and Adam turns from being a clapped out pensioner the day he arrived at Brockhall to someone who will single-handedly destroy our top 6 hopes when he left three weeks later.

Things clearly didn’t pan out with the new goalie(s), but even a slight upgrade and £3 million extra to spend now gets my vote. Maybe Fisher will be ready next year.

Also, I’d have chipped in a fiver myself to pay for Travis and Buckley to spend three weeks training with Charlie Adam.

It's interesting how perspective works. I saw plenty of people saying Adam would be a great signing, class player, dem assist/goals in pre-season, etc... then when he's signed for Reading comments about how it's a good thing we didn't sign him, etc. There was also comments on the opposite end of the scale for both. Almost like everyone has their own opinion rather than BRFCS being an entity with a combined opinion on everything which is absolute. Granted that doesn't work well when making sweeping generalisations, so, whatever.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I've no issue with Johnson or Downing but not sure we needed them both.

Johnson is a decent signing assuming one of Evans or Smallwood leaves. If all three stay then we're suddenly overstocked in centre mid, although I doubt Smallwood is on very much so shouldn't have a huge impact on the budget. 

Downing we certainly don't need as a first teamer, and I hope he hasn't been signed on that basis, but as back up he's an upgrade on Conway at least. I'm quite worried he'll end up playing LWB, which I can only see being ineffective at best. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I agree, however it’s Venkys that are appointing these shite managers. They haven’t appointed a good manager since they came in 8 years ago, they’re the common denominator.

TM is the best of them though and that's always the fear for a Rovers fan who thinks ahead.

At some point he will be replaced (they always are) but what are the odds that the replacement will be worse? :(

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

TM is the best of them though and that's always the fear for a Rovers fan who thinks ahead.

At some point he will be replaced (they always are) but what are the odds that the replacement will be worse? :(

Almost certain that it will be worse. Venky's tend to appoint cheap managers who are out of work. You could argue Lambert wasn't cheap, but look how that turned out. The best we could hope for would be Johnson getting promoted to the manager's seat, imo. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Is the transfer window over?

Are you losing your balance on the fence K?

It’s an observation lad. 

If we sign defenders that are an improvement on what we have, then great, nobody will be happier than me!

Just now, K-Hod said:

It’s an observation lad. 

If we sign defenders that are an improvement on what we have, then great, nobody will be happier than me!

But surely there’s more to a window than satisfying one “defenders are coming” quote? 

There’s also the element of our fantastic academy - maybe the heat of the moment response in a post match interview, to our poor defending is not actually fully representative of our aims? Maybe we see Grayson and Mags further up?

Wouldnt that make perfect sense since we are one of a handful of clubs who’ve employed a “Development manager”?

Just now, K-Hod said:

It’s an observation lad. 

Yeah but you want to “criticise him for not delivering what he said he would” without being called “negative”

The window isn’t even over yet so I would say getting knickers twisted without knowing what will happen, and assuming the worst - is the DEFINITION of “negative”! 

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, Biz said:

But surely there’s more to a window than satisfying one “defenders are coming” quote? 

There’s also the element of our fantastic academy - maybe the heat of the moment response in a post match interview, to our poor defending is not actually fully representative of our aims? 

Only he didn't say it in a post match interview, he said it in the very relaxed setting of a fans forum.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah but you want to “criticise him for not delivering what he said he would” without being called “negative”

The window isn’t even over yet so I would say getting knickers twisted without knowing what will happen is the DEFINITION of “negative”! 

So far, I’m right though? 

If he delivers, I’ll give him the praise due. 

If not, I’ll get you a pint next time I see you? 

Just now, K-Hod said:

If we don’t get some defenders we might be needing something stronger mate

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If we don’t get some defenders we might be needing something stronger mate

I’ll drink to that! Bring your bank card....

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

New GK already, A stalwart at a recent playoff finishing team potentially over the line...

I think that would be ok, but it would be an exceptional window if we add further recruits in defence, and full back. Edit - I would be happy if JRC and Hart make the grade too

Cant expect it all, but the aspiration is more defensive recruits!

Edited by Biz

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

On the  composition of his goalkeeping department, the boss added: “We’re thinking two, but let’s get one done first.

“In an ideal world we’d probably bring in a more experienced one and then a younger one to compete.

So which one is Walton ?

Or is he the centre half / goalkeeper / winger ?

The number one keeper choice has been kept under wraps and I don't believe it is any of the names mentioned so far. The deal hit a snag but could still come off. 

Walton was definitely a late, plan B option but could end up being first choice by default.