BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Its not always as simple as saying we need a centre half and then getting one.

United have spent the last 3 windows trying to sign one, without any success and they are arguably the richest club in the world

Im fairly certain TM is trying for a defender or 2, but we have to give him the full window.

So much happens late in trasfer windows, it drives fans mad, but its how these windows unfold these days

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

I think I said we needed a “big ugly centre-half” last summer personally, I thought we might go for someone like Che Dunkley

If you were asked at the end of last season "You can make five signings to improve the first team.  What positions can we realistically improve and prioritise them?"  What would you say?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If you were asked at the end of last season "You can make five signings to improve the first team.  What positions can we realistically improve and prioritise them?"  What would you say?

Left back, centre back x2, centre forward, defensive midfielder.

• Like 2

So Butterfield has left as well as Adam, I missed that. Nuttall attracting interest from Acccrington, that would be a good move for him. I would be interested to see how many goals would score in League 1 playing most of the games.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17789935.rovers-keen-cut-squad-size-window-shuts/

After that I predict our outs to be 

Loaned

Nuttall, Samuel, Butterworth, Grayson, Wharton, Magloire (if we sign a new center half), Fisher 

Sold

Smallwood, Hopefully not Nyambe 

38 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Great post Biz. There’s no maybe about it. Massive changes integrated by Mowbray with the intro of Jonty and intense focus on pulling this crop of brilliant young players into the first team...Buckley, Butterworth, Magloire, JRC and Grayson making HUGE steps in preseason.

You don't win anything with kids.

• Like 1

Just now, patrickvalery said:

Left back, centre back x2, centre forward, defensive midfielder.

I would have said exactly the same. The first two equally very high priority, the second two equally low priority. My caveat to this question would have to be, that the right players would have to be available at a sensible price for us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Which games specifically. I am basing my assessment on what I saw against Rangers on Sunday

My brother in law is a Dale fan, he says he is very average and he watched him more times than your 1 preseason game.  I'm surprised you use a non game as a yardstick....

Like I say, we need much better than Sam Hart in order to progress up the league.

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Odd one Nuttall. Because of his stature he overpowers a lot of under 23s, but at League 1 level he will face bruising centre halves every week.

He has to move on though, well down the pecking order now.

We should send him out on loan now rather than hang around, he's got 4 strikers ahead of him and Samuel to come back too. Better for the lad if we loan him now

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Odd one Nuttall. Because of his stature he overpowers a lot of under 23s, but at League 1 level he will face bruising centre halves every week.

He has to move on though, well down the pecking order now.

Yer, i think he will be off on loan.

He needs to really. Scores a lot at under 23 level but needs a full season in a proper league.

I think it's all pie in the sky that we'll be signing an experienced centre half.

Fully expect that the City lad will be it at the back, with any other business being another attacker.

• Like 4

Trouble Nutall has and most strikers these days is most teams play with 1 up top. So you have to be able to lead the line and hold it up.

He seems like he has the tools to do that, he just needs games on loan to develop the know how to do it and learn his craft

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I think it's all pie in the sky that we'll be signing an experienced centre half.

Fully expect that the City lad will be it at the back, with any other business being another attacker.

Perhaps but he did imply that money was intended to be spent on a defender after the Rangers game. Hopefully that's the case. Ayala and Cooper have to be stand out candidates, although I bet Cooper will be on lower wages than Ayala. 

• Like 1

I

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So end of last season after league one?

This was the team vs Oxford 

Armstrong was on loan so went back, As was Antonnson (on the bench)

First of all;

1. Adam Armstrong would’ve been one id taken first since the link, with a loan ending. Plus he can play both upfront and out wide and will get better.

2. This is before Travis had fully stepped up so I would’ve probably said next priority (as most rovers fans would agree) improve on Evans and Smallwood

3. Even with AA only DG, Nuttall and Samuel - question marks against both the former (and AA) in a league above, long term replacement for DG needed sorting.

4. Wings. We kept playing Samuel, Armstrong, Bennett and Conway our wide - Chapman has gone back albeit injured - we needed some attacking quality out wide. Desperately.

5. At that point we had Lenihan, Mulgrew, Downing, Plus Ward/Wharton/Mags/Grayson behind. Assuming Ward/Wharton would move on - Downing 4th choice, I would’ve brought another CB. Like I said, a big ugly one!

C560760F-F807-4F1F-95AA-EE79628AA67B.png

Anyone think that Venkys will pull some money out of the bag at the 11th hour like last year?

We hear from Mowbray that they want to invest.

If anything I can see money being thrown at a winger.