BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, he wanted to leave 

Yes, the money went towards the striker purchase, meaning the money we would have spent is still there.

The splitting of his words looking for something has hit peak silly season ?

But if he meant that he'd just have said that.

Anyway good news he claims there's still some dough although i hope he realises what he's actually saying this time he's already been hung for less on here ?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I know something. It’s dead easy if you just stop hanging off every word and wait until the end of the window!! ??‍♂️?

So, should we not believe what the manager says when he speaks or not then? I’m confused.

• Like 8

Just now, K-Hod said:

So, should we not believe what the manager says when he speaks or not then? I’m confused.

Do what you want pal. I Just don’t see the point in going off like a hormonal teenager every time the manager says something. But each to their own.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

David wanted to leave.

We sold our goalie to buy a striker.

The Raya money is untouched.

Now come on.......

Anyone wondering why the team selections and tactics often seem a bit confusing to our own players just keep this little lot in mind ?

Someone once said that Mowbray looks like a confused old lady who asks you for directions to the market.

He can't help how he looks, but he certainly sounds like the above.

• Like 7

Just now, davulsukur said:

I'd be more concerned about the Raya money vanishing into a Venky blackhole (or Bala's pocket)

I'm just happy it's still there.

Until he decides again that we did in fact sell the goalie to buy the striker !

Come on Tone a good manager would root out a decent defender to play at this level for c3 million.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Until he decides again that we did in fact sell the goalie to buy the striker !

Come on Tone a good manager would root out a decent defender to play at this level for c3 million.

We might just buy another one yet!

True though, if we've done our homework, we should be able to get a good CB in with that money.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

David wanted to leave.

We sold our goalie to buy a striker.

The Raya money is untouched.

Sadly, the most logical conclusion from those three statements combined is that the Gallagher money was part of the initial budget, and that the Raya money is untouched and will be spent...to buy another striker. Considering the murmurings of us still looking at strikers, I worry.

Hopefully that's not the case at all and the money will be spent on a quality centre half and/or full back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

And if people don't just get ‘100% behind the team and TM’ on an Internet forum with about 50 regular posters, instead they just post their opinion, that impacts the team how?

Ewood? Get behind the lads.

Here? Say what you want!

I think he's been hitting the hard stuff. Top 6? Haaaaa haaaaa

Any talk of promotion with this squad is absolutely deluded. Unless rovers bring in a goalkeeper, centreback and a fullback and not mediocre players on loan from premiership squad fillers, then top half would be a miracle.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Sadly, the most logical conclusion from those three statements combined is that the Gallagher money was part of the initial budget, and that the Raya money is untouched and will be spent...to buy another striker. Considering the murmurings of us still looking at strikers, I worry.

Hopefully that's not the case at all and the money will be spent on a quality centre half and/or full back.

Things change all the time with Venkys i suppose.  This could be the late window windfall that he maybe presumed had been tied up in Gallagher but what stipulation will it have on how it's spent might be the deciding factor. 

• Like 1

I've given up trying to work out what's going on. I'm still struggling to come to terms with a defence of Rankin-Costello, Nyambe, Grayson and Hart starting in our penultimate pre-season friendly before the season starts. I do not think Mowbray will have any intention of playing any of those in the League with the exception of Nyambe at RB so I'm wondering if half the point is to attract attention from elsewhere for loan destinations etc. for those lads.

In terms of incomings despite Mowbray's mixed messages I'm not confident on much happening. Mowbray is trying to dangle another substantial signing by saying the Raya money hasn't been used up on Gallagher but we had all this sort of thing in January. Then the window shuts and the status quo remains.

• Like 1

Hi. Long time, no see.  This board is like Brexit. Love Mowbray or doubt him. I'm a remoaner. Have no confidence in next season. Have an old man in charge with old ways. Bless him. Hate whjat's happened to this website. In the 90s we were so supportive to each other. Ok we had a functional club and good managers and people in place in very important positions. Venkys killed that and I have no faith in their "ambitions". Just sorry we as an entity have fallen by their rules to the wayside. Hope we can one day replace the old guard at the back. Good youth in midfield but fear the manager's stubbornness. Yes, sounds like a gramaphone. Very old and even I don't have one. Before the usual suspects have a go - have a look in the mirror or read a book (as a good teacher says). Bye Roverites, Brexiteers and Remainers. A country and a club divided

• Like 6

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray will be cautious as ever for the first game

This is my predicted starting line up

Lieutweiler

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood Evans Johnson Downing

Dack Graham 

If it is. He should be sacked on the spot and never to return as a manager lol I

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Any talk of promotion with this squad is absolutely deluded. Unless rovers bring in a goalkeeper, centreback and a fullback and not mediocre players on loan from premiership squad fillers, then top half would be a miracle.

That model can work, however our dour old manager can't attract them with his brand of football or get the best out of them if they do come (palmer).  If I was a premier league manager like pep,  jurgen,  I'd want my lads playing a more vibrant brand of football etc with better players.  Villa made it work to an extent, derby were also decent

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Lieutweiler

Dack Graham 

You're pretty much just picking a team you don't want to see (aside from the super obvious starters like Dack).

There is zero chance, even under TM, that Smallwood starts at RW. Almost zero chance Jayson starts instead of the new lad. Outside of that, yeh those could start, although I don't think Downing will, and I think he will start Travis. Still wouldn't be the right lineup but more realistic.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Lieutweiler

Dack Graham 

Won’t be asking you for the Lotto numbers anytime soon Jim. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You're pretty much just picking a team you don't want to see (aside from the super obvious starters like Dack).

There is zero chance, even under TM, that Smallwood starts at RW. Almost zero chance Jayson starts instead of the new lad. Outside of that, yeh those could start, although I don't think Downing will, and I think he will start Travis. Still wouldn't be the right lineup but more realistic.

I can see Downing starting in a 5 man midfield.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I can see Downing starting in a 5 man midfield.

That's one that could happen, but I don't think it will. Especially in a 5-man midfield. That would most likely mean Bell as a wing-back.

I don't think he will start the season with the 5-man midfield experiment (though maybe he'll foolishly think he spies an opportunity against a promoted team...personally I wouldn't, sometimes promoted teams start like a bat out of hell). I think he will play his usual formation. I expect him to start Armstrong, Travis...and hopefully Rothwell. Midfield two will be either Travis and Johnson or Travis and Evans if he doesn't think Johnson is 'up to speed' yet. He slowly moved away from the 'one defensive winger' at the end of last season, and with us being at home to Charlton I think he will probably play two attacking ones. How he has lined up in friendlies suggests that too.

I do fear we will see Mulgrew starting, now that Williams is injured. I just can't see him deciding the City lad or any other new centre half is 'ready' that soon after joining, due to his ridiculous bedding in periods. Outside chance of Nyambe playing there instead, with Bennett wedged wide, depends how much he has finally seen through Charlie's shortcomings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That model can work, however our dour old manager can't attract them with his brand of football or get the best out of them if they do come (palmer).  If I was a premier league manager like pep,  jurgen,  I'd want my lads playing a more vibrant brand of football etc with better players.  Villa made it work to an extent, derby were also decent

Guess you'd best tell Pep you know better then, since he's sending one of his lads on loan to us it appears.

• Like 1