BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sharpe just tweeted that the young fella from City whose name I will not attempt to spell yet is DEFINITELY joining. Said he was in talks with City about a contract extension and that he thinks that is the reason for the delay. 

He's said that isn't the reason for the delay and he doesn't know what it is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JayDee said:

It's becoming very frustrating. Somebody else posted earlier that maybe we've moved away from tosin and have someone new lined up and that's the delay. I'm beginning to think that makes sense. 

I think we need to ship some out on loan before signing someone.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

The bit I noticed was about Joe Rothwell being young and needs to develop, he needs to bloody well start.

Sigh. He won't start - Can put money on that. Some of his comments don't half wind me up. Tony, your pals need developing. Either that or getting shut of.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sharpe just tweeted that the young fella from City whose name I will not attempt to spell yet is DEFINITELY joining. Said he was in talks with City about a contract extension and that he thinks that is the reason for the delay. 

No he hasn’t. I asked him on Twitter if he had any idea what the hold up was. Sharpe said he thought it might have been to do with a new contract from City but he has been told it wasn’t.

I’d bet good money the dithering is coming from our end.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

I just can't see us cracking top 6 with a defence of Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell. Even swapping Nyambe for Bennett or the City lad for Mulgrew I just don't think it's strong enough. 

I like Nyambe, he has improved almost game on game. He certainly shouldn't have been dropped. Bell - I just don't rate at all. He can't defend and is dopey. We definitely need a CB, no doubt about it if we are serious about breaking into the top 6. We must be after a decent player on loan, if we aren't it's an effing joke.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Don't know about anyone else but this doesn't fill me with confidence that a proper centre half being signed.. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/recruitment-never-stops-says-the-boss/

That, along with the minutes from the fans forum and other bits and pieces make me think that some people within the club think developing players to sell on is a more effective way of gaining success than winning games.

Trying a bigger version of the Crewe model.

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Sigh. He won't start - Can put money on that. Some of his comments don't half wind me up. Tony, your pals need developing. Either that or getting shut of.

Anyone would think he was talking about a teenager, Rothwell is 24 and a half, he's made well over 100 first team appearances.

• Like 3

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Mowbray was referring to last season. Rothwell did mature and establish himself as a regular towards the end. No evidence that he won't be a starter. The old guard was starting against Rangers because they had the least minutes. Pretty sure Rothwell will start at left wing vs Charlton. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

We are way better off. Having half a dozen young players ready to play a part for us this year; 2 at least in defence. And a keeper that won't disappear under a load of bodies when the ball comes in the box.

Really disappointed about Hart's injury. He and JRC are big players for us at fullback this year and will be a big part of the expansive football Tony wishes to play.

Need a big experienced Centre back though. But haven't been this excited for a season to begin in a decade. ?

These youngsters have impressed in a few pre season friendlies against lower league opposition, which is a massive difference from doing it week in week out in the Championship. JRC won't be getting a game at full back whilst Elliott Bennett is fit. In fact of these half a dozen youngsters I would be surprised if any of them get much regular first team football for us this season. Mid table at best this season for us.

Just now, briansol said:

Mowbray was referring to last season. Rothwell did mature and establish himself as a regular towards the end. No evidence that he won't be a starter. The old guard was starting against Rangers because they had the least minutes. Pretty sure Rothwell will start at left wing vs Charlton. 

Here's hoping. Him & travis are the difference for us this season. 

36 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

I’m positive we’ll be in top 6. Its called having faith. Mowbray as built a decent team. Don’t know how anyone else can’t see it ?

You'd be a Boris man then? :o

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

These youngsters have impressed in a few pre season friendlies against lower league opposition, which is a massive difference from doing it week in week out in the Championship. JRC won't be getting a game at full back whilst Elliott Bennett is fit. In fact of these half a dozen youngsters I would be surprised if any of them get much regular first team football for us this season. Mid table at best this season for us.

This youngsters also performed amazingly well in the U23 at the top level. 

Tony has already spoke of Hart staying to fight for his place. JRC, Dan Butt, and Buckley should be in the shake up here too. And Tony has spoken of our exciting attacking options. Having a skilled fullback who can cross a ball is a big plus. ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

15th in our first season back, I’d of took that at start season. Dreamland some of you 

Totally agree we have to be realistic. Consolidate and stay in the division and then build from there. A young squad which will improve this season. Defensive reinforcements and it's possible for a top ten place

15 million quids worth of strikers loaded onto the books in 12 months quite understandably adds to the weight of expectation although that might be wiped out with the sale of Dack so Pune will be happy.

• Like 3

Just now, Vilesinner said:

This youngsters also performed amazingly well in the U23 at the top level. 

Tony has already spoke of Hart staying to fight for his place. JRC, Dan Butt, and Buckley should be in the shake up here too. And Tony has spoken of our exciting attacking options. Having a skilled fullback who can cross a ball is a big plus. ?

Performing at U23 level is completely different from doing it in the Championship, Nuttall has scored plenty of goals at U23 level but has found it very different at first team level.  

Given that left back is probably the weakest position at the club Hart may well get a look in but he hardly set the world alight last season playing for two clubs battling relegation in League 1. Where does Butterworth fit in when we have the likes of Graham, Dack, Gallagher, Rothwell, Armstrong, Brereton, Samuel, Nuttall, Bennett, Downing, Chapman all competing for the attacking roles? Buckley looks a talent but he probably needs to bulk up a little bit before he is ready for the physicality of the Championship and again where does he fit in we are overstocked with midfielders.

We do have some good attacking option but you can have all the attackers you want if your defence isn't good enough then you will not achieve anything. As for the full back's I would first and foremost rather have two full back's that can defend.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Neal said:

Don't know about anyone else but this doesn't fill me with confidence that a proper centre half being signed.. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/recruitment-never-stops-says-the-boss/

So if Leicester and Barcelona suddenly decide to loan us Harry Maguire and Lionel Messi at the last minute and pay their wages we'll be fine!

All joking apart; you're right, it doesn't sound from that as if we're after any one specific and our transfer policy in general over the last 3 windows has seemed extremely haphazard being a case of winging it and seeing who becomes available rather than chasing specific targets.

Or if we do put offers in  it has seemed as though we don't offer a realistic amount and have generally ended  up missing out on our main targets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

This worries me. Our fitness has been an issue over the last couple of years so a mid thirties chunker in midfield isnt ideal

Why do folk think our fitness has been an issue, think you’ll find Rovers very fit, good fitness coaches.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That, along with the minutes from the fans forum and other bits and pieces make me think that some people within the club think developing players to sell on is a more effective way of gaining success than winning games.

Trying a bigger version of the Crewe model.

Hope not! :blink:

• Like 1