BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Why would he come here ? Our centre halves are instructed to just whack it up to Danny lad....not sure pep would approve 

Thats actually a good point to be fair.

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why would you get less money for betting on promotion than top 6? Given you have to be in the top 6 to have a chance of promotion. Did you mean 14/1 or something?

Apologies Bluebruce

I was having a senior moment! The odds I quoted are the wrong way round! You are quite right! 

In fact Bet365 are basically saying there is no way we are going up. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayDee said:

I can see double figures for Brereton this season and a lot of folks on here backtracking claiming they knew he'd come good. 

Be delighted to see it. I think he’s a long way away personally and i’ve said so, but there would be nobody cheering those goals more than me at Ewood.

Because you know, I want the best for Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 7

Why would he come here ? Our centre halves are instructed to just whack it up to Danny lad....not sure pep would approve 

Have you been to any of the pre season games?

Edited by OssyLad
  • Like 1

Just now, StaffordRover said:

Whilst I share the same sentiments, the post says they are in a beer garden. To be fair to them it doesn't say they are drinking beer. Maybe it's a farewell gathering for The Nut.

They were drinking, don't you worry haha

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, jones_rover said:

They were drinking, don't you worry haha

If they were, I’m not bothered tbh. 

A few pints on one of the hottest days of all time won’t kill them, especially as we’ve no game in the morning. 

If they were bouncing around like bunnies, then getting off their nuts in someone’s kitchen, chatting nonsense until 6am, then perhaps that would be detrimental....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

Bookies are giving us 33/1 on being Champions; 10/1 on being top 6 and 4/1 on promotion. Where’s your fiver going?!

Covering the costs of his us for relegation bets.

Did you attend any games last season? Big hoof to Danny, lay it off....

That was last season. Almost every pre-season game we’ve played a very “out from the back” possession style, with rotating forwards, playing possession through Travis and Rothwell. 

We haven’t been hoofing the ball to Graham really. Graham basically played out wide against Bury, and didn’t hoof the ball that game at all.

I’m absolutely not taking anything as gospel from within the club now, was told that a couple of deals would be concluded today and nothing. Even those within the club don’t know why things are taking so long. Sharpe has said the same. As far as I know the city lad is concluded- why the hold up, who knows. And nuttall to accy is done or soon to be. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, neophox said:

Look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is 38, he would been outstanding in the Championship.

Look at Federer in tennis, it is more than possible to maintain a high level of fitness and even to create it, post 30.

Footballers just aren't that fit.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m absolutely not taking anything as gospel from within the club now, was told that a couple of deals would be concluded today and nothing. Even those within the club don’t know why things are taking so long. Sharpe has said the same. As far as I know the city lad is concluded- why the hold up, who knows. And nuttall to accy is done or soon to be. 

I'm certainly not the type to ask questions of folk who relay info but... Does your mate know if we're actively looking at centre halves? (apart from the city lad). That's the thing that will make or break our season. It's so important we invest there. 

• Like 3

Just now, Neal said:

I'm certainly not the type to ask questions of folk who relay info but... Does your mate know if we're actively looking at centre halves? (apart from the city lad). That's the thing that will make or break our season. It's so important we invest there. 

Yep. We’re one decent centre half off having a good shout for the top 6 IMO. Shit or bust on that front for me - it’s that important. 

• Like 6

Just now, Dr X said:

Look at Federer in tennis, it is more than possible to maintain a high level of fitness and even to create it, post 30.

I disagree. Elite footballers have tremendous stamina. Look at how City, Liverpool, Barcelona etc play. 

At our level it's hit or miss - quite a lot just coast on their skill. 

Just now, Dr X said:

Federer is a different kettle. 

At the top with relatively little competition so was at a similar level for the majority. Then when Djokovic and Nadal started to overtake it looked like his level dropped off.

Then stepped up his level even more because he was learning against players better than him.

Then overtook again. Now age taking its toll! 

I think Rovers are now working on the basis that every £1 spent on either fees or wages has to be matched by £1 fee in or reduction in wages.

If I am right, and I think it's an 80%er, it would account for the lack of activity inwards at the moment.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. We’re one decent centre half off having a good shout for the top 6 IMO. Shit or bust on that front for me - it’s that important. 

Spot on. I think its that important it will decide whether we are pushing the playoffs or battling relegation.

• Like 1

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Be delighted to see it. I think he’s a long way away personally and i’ve said so, but there would be nobody cheering those goals more than me at Ewood.

Because you know, I want the best for Blackburn Rovers.

100% this 

Criticism of him last season was tame and justified, we all hope he comes good though

I hate when people are so focused on being right they can’t just enjoy what’s good, seen too often on here 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JayDee said:

I can see double figures for Brereton this season and a lot of folks on here backtracking claiming they knew he'd come good. 

He will come good. No doubt in my mind ?

• Like 2