BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

You say that, but they will just go back to the under 23s save for a couple of league cup games, no way will we see them in the match day 18 with the bloated squad that we have.

Magloire, Buckley & Butterworth would all benefit from a year in league one playing every week.

Am glad Tony doesn't listen you. Buckley, especially, is staying here. So too JRC, Hart and most likely Butterworth and Grayson. I could see Grayson doing well at left back. Exciting times at Ewood. :-)

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

At this stage of the window, we have to be absolute a-holes on the price. At least £20m for Dack.

I know I got clobbered for reporting a private conversation at Man U but for all the noise from Old Trafford, they have done remarkably little business and that squad needs a radical sorting out.

So you advocate,  as we approach the end of the window, that we raise the price of our players. 

Seems logical.

Yet , as a club, we are expecting prices to drop for the players we want to sign. ..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is the transfer window close? Judge the squad after the transfer window closes. Not now

Damn straight Chaddy but surely you must agree there is a cause for concern that it has all dragged on so long with no successful incomings at the back.  Even the loan deal for the City kid is not nailed down yet.  It is borderline ridiculous.  

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So you advocate,  as we approach the end of the window, that we raise the price of our players. 

Seems logical.

Yet , as a club, we are expecting prices to drop for the players we want to sign. ..

I think that's very telling. The better players that clubs want to keep - their value will increase in the closing days, as clubs put a premium on not being able to source a replacement. The lesser players that they want rid of - their value decreases as they become desperate to shunt them out. It lets you know definitively what market Tony shops in. I can't recall the last time we bought a player that the selling club wanted to keep - Rhodes I guess?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

The one we missed out on was young Connor masterton he’s joined QPR but I think he was with Travis at Liverpool. Could become an excellent CB of his injuries clear up. 

No better than Magloire or Grayson or Wharton for that matter, just because these lads are at clubs like Liverpool doesn't mean they should be preferred over Rovers own youngsters and Masterson falls most definitely into that category 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Young center back Harry Soutter has rejoined Fleetwood from Stoke on loan.

I'd have been happy if he was the 'young loan' option if the city lad is messing around.

Did well last season and is 6'6 commanding in the box.

Souter no better than Magloire or Grayson, In fact he is worse, a big lad who can defend but no real pace and not as technically sound as the two mentioned

• Like 3

Just now, Doaksie said:

I think that's very telling. The better players that clubs want to keep - their value will increase in the closing days, as clubs put a premium on not being able to source a replacement. The lesser players that they want rid of - their value decreases as they become desperate to shunt them out. It lets you know definitively what market Tony shops in. I can't recall the last time we bought a player that the selling club wanted to keep - Rhodes I guess?

Brad Lyons ;)

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The squad is only currently bloated in Midfield and the forward lines which effects Buckley and Butterworth. I can see  the latter going out but I’m pretty sure that Buckley will be in the match day squad (bench) straight away.

Grayson, Magloire and JRC are right in the mix as it stands with us losing Rodwell and Downing as well as injuries to Williams and Hart.

My personal opinion is that Buckley is ready to impact the first team now. The wildcard is Grayson. All would benefit from a year in league 1 but we have to look at our own interests first.

I only saw the one game with both player's.cameos, to me Butterworth shone brighter than Buckley, keep em both in house.

• Like 2

Just now, USABlue said:

I have a gut feel we are already being primed for Johno to take over first team management with Mowbary stepping upstairs in a DoF role.  If this means Damien integrating our seemingly very talented youth into our first team I am all for it.  Nothing I would like better than our first team to be made up of mostly top notch academy lads, A la early 90's Utd lot.

This makes sense, I think " the powers that be" see.the same flaws in Tony's management as we do, however I think they like him, a lot,  and are comfortable with the relative steadying of the ship he has captained.  Just looks to me like a no brainer, give Damien a little test run as assistant, see how he fares then pull the trigger.

Ideal scenario really for a club in our position right now although probably disagree about the flaws bit with TM if it does happen i think it's more down to him suggesting it.

9 minutes ago, USABlue said:

As someone else suggested I would not be surprised if the hold up was down to Tony's displace the incumbents rhetoric.  City and the lad will want more.assurances.of first.team appearances, expect this deal to go south.

Tosin is waiting to see what else comes up, the window for loans doesn't close until 31st August, he's playing the waiting game, he and City will wait, he apparently has a slight muscle injury at the minute, the old slight muscle injury ploy hmmm

Just now, USABlue said:

I only saw the one game with both player's.cameos, to me Butterworth shone brighter than Buckley, keep em both in house.

Buckley, Butterworth and Rankin-Costello (JRC especially has had a few) will be going know where, I know all 3 have had interest in loan moves and all 3 have basically been told we want you to stay and try to get in the 1st team

Edited by SkipDonoghue
  • Like 4

Just now, USABlue said:

I have a gut feel we are already being primed for Johno to take over first team management with Mowbary stepping upstairs in a DoF role.  If this means Damien integrating our seemingly very talented youth into our first team I am all for it.  Nothing I would like better than our first team to be made up of mostly top notch academy lads, A la early 90's Utd lot.

This makes sense, I think " the powers that be" see.the same flaws in Tony's management as we do, however I think they like him, a lot,  and are comfortable with the relative steadying of the ship he has captained.  Just looks to me like a no brainer, give Damien a little test run as assistant, see how he fares then pull the trigger.

It makes good sense, therefore it seems doubtful!

• Like 1

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Souter no better than Magloire or Grayson, In fact he is worse, a big lad who can defend but no real pace and not as technically sound as the two mentioned

We sign wingers but we rarely play them! Will we ever see Chapman in a first team game I wonder?

• Like 1

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Tosin is waiting to see what else comes up, the window for loans doesn't close until 31st August, he's playing the waiting game, he and City will wait, he apparently has a slight muscle injury at the minute, the old slight muscle injury ploy hmmm

Unless he wants to play in league 1 or 2 the loan window closes on the 8th

• Like 4

Just now, pick32 said:

Unless he wants to play in league 1 or 2 the loan window closes on the 8th

True, Championship is now under same rules as PL from this window. All incoming transfers and loan must be completed by the 8th. Outgoing loans to League 1/2 can happen untill 31th, which means Mowbray might hold on to most youngsters to late August. 

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

We sign wingers but we rarely play them! Will we ever see Chapman in a first team game I wonder?

I think he's well down the pecking order at the minute IMO, he is with the 23s again today against Southport, so possible chance to shine and try to get back in, he is up against stiff competition, there are no free rides

If the players aren't at it the young players are ready to step in TM has looked long and hard at Hart, Grayson, Butterworth, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Buckley and he likes what he's seeing, Chapman, Nuttall etc need to step up or they will be left behind

If the senior players go on a run like they did halfway through last season where they couldn't buy a win, TM knows he has the players at his disposal to step in and this time IMO he won't let a run like that drag on and the beauty of it all is the senior players now know there will be a young lad breathing down there knecks ready to take his shot when it comes if he doesn't perform

• Like 1

It's quite refreshing to see people so enthused by the current crop of youngsters. Feels like we might be entering one of those periods when we have a glut of them making the breakthrough which can only be a good thing.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I will post my real fear about this window.

Look at Premier League transfer action, or lack of it.

At least half the clubs are leaving their moves to very late. We are far from out of danger on Lenihan and Dack.

Bloody hell Philip. One day you are having a pop at fans who bemoan the lack of activity (particularly defensively) and now you are insinuating that our two stars could be sold.

• Like 2