BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, philipl said:

At this stage of the window, we have to be absolute a-holes on the price. At least £20m for Dack.

I know I got clobbered for reporting a private conversation at Man U but for all the noise from Old Trafford, they have done remarkably little business and that squad needs a radical sorting out.

Very divided as what to do with Dack - we now have a number of players that can play his role - including Buckley and Rothwell - my only concern is whether they have the same goal threat as Dack.

It was interesting yesterday to see him playing the 2nd part of the match centrally as a "false 9" - in the first half he seemed to drop more into midfield.

At the moment - £20m for Dack - with £5m used on a decent centre half - and the rest to keep us within FFP - might make good business (both financially and on the field)

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Bloody hell Philip. One day you are having a pop at fans who bemoan the lack of activity (particularly defensively) and now you are insinuating that our two stars could be sold.

Not in the least contradictory.

1) The window lasts to 8 August, not yesterday. I have always argued for a beast of a central defender being our most pressing need this window but there are 11 and a half days to go before we need to start closing the over bridges on the M65 to prevent Rovers fans leaping off them.

2) In the same spirit of there being 11 and a half days before we have failed to sign the central defender we need, there are eleven and a half days for at least ten Premier League managers to escape the pressures their lack of acquisitions this summer are creating for them. Idiotic not to be alive to the risks that poses. I am feeling particularly uncomfortable about Bruce at Newcastle.

Edited by philipl

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Very divided as what to do with Dack - we now have a number of players that can play his role - including Buckley and Rothwell - my only concern is whether they have the same goal threat as Dack.

It was interesting yesterday to see him playing the 2nd part of the match centrally as a "false 9" - in the first half he seemed to drop more into midfield.

At the moment - £20m for Dack - with £5m used on a decent centre half - and the rest to keep us within FFP - might make good business (both financially and on the field)

Agreed. The only worry is whether any of it will go to addressing our porous defence!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

As long as they get games, for sure. You just wonder who in the first team would be dropping below them in the pecking order. If Buckley is being seen as a CM option then he has Travis, Johnson, Evans, Smallwood and even potentially Bennett to contend with. If it's AMC then he's got Dack and Rothwell to get past. I'm not sure what position we're thinking about for JRC, he's just classed as a "midfielder" on the website so assumedly facing similar obstacles? 

Just now, DE. said:

As long as they get games, for sure. You just wonder who in the first team would be dropping below them in the pecking order. If Buckley is being seen as a CM option then he has Travis, Johnson, Evans, Smallwood and even potentially Bennett to contend with. If it's AMC then he's got Dack and Rothwell to get past. I'm not sure what position we're thinking about for JRC, he's just classed as a "midfielder" on the website so assumedly facing similar obstacles? 

they will be on the bench as impact subs,depending on how the game is going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I think he's well down the pecking order at the minute IMO, he is with the 23s again today against Southport, so possible chance to shine and try to get back in, he is up against stiff competition, there are no free rides

If the players aren't at it the young players are ready to step in TM has looked long and hard at Hart, Grayson, Butterworth, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Buckley and he likes what he's seeing, Chapman, Nuttall etc need to step up or they will be left behind

If the senior players go on a run like they did halfway through last season where they couldn't buy a win, TM knows he has the players at his disposal to step in and this time IMO he won't let a run like that drag on and the beauty of it all is the senior players now know there will be a young lad breathing down there knecks ready to take his shot when it comes if he doesn't perform

Thanks and I hope you are right. He was a revelation when he  came the first time and I was really excited when he came back. 

Since then ---nothing!

Tosin is waiting to see what else comes up, the window for loans doesn't close until 31st August, he's playing the waiting game, he and City will wait, he apparently has a slight muscle injury at the minute, the old slight muscle injury ploy hmmm

If that really is the case then I wouldn't bother. He may be good but if his heart isn't in it he won't be committed. 

look elsewhere.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, DE. said:

Buckley will get games, we don’t have anyone else like him in our squad.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DE. said:

In typical Mowbray fashion, hasn't he been playing RB in pre season? (JRC that is)

Edited by davulsukur

I think he's well down the pecking order at the minute IMO, he is with the 23s again today against Southport, so possible chance to shine and try to get back in, he is up against stiff competition, there are no free rides

If the players aren't at it the young players are ready to step in TM has looked long and hard at Hart, Grayson, Butterworth, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Buckley and he likes what he's seeing, Chapman, Nuttall etc need to step up or they will be left behind

If the senior players go on a run like they did halfway through last season where they couldn't buy a win, TM knows he has the players at his disposal to step in and this time IMO he won't let a run like that drag on and the beauty of it all is the senior players now know there will be a young lad breathing down there knecks ready to take his shot when it comes if he doesn't perform

Good spin mate....you should be mowbrays PR man.

Defenders are coming!

Travis and Buckley  with Johnson behind them  and Dack at the top of the Diamond . These lads should be allowed  too grow and this won't  happen until Evans and Smallwood  are out of the picture

• Like 4