BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tormund said:

Sounds good mate if true. Must be so many gems out there for small fees.

It just seems crazy that you could get a current Croatian international centre half for less than £2million when you look at some of the nonsense deals that go on . That’s a team with the likes of modric , rakatic etc so he’s not going to be crap . 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Ugly bastard. Perfect! Won't be afraid to shove his face in front of a foot or get punched for being a git. Might be hoping for it, to accidentally improve his face!

28, which I tend to regard as a CB's typical peak. Couple of Croatia caps, captain of his side, who finished 3rd in the Croatian league. Hardy lot those Eastern Europeans. Tall enough without being a giant, at 6 ft 1 and a half according to Wiki. Shorter than Mulgrew but unlikely to be worse in the air. Profile sounds alright to me.

Have to admit Bruce those were exactly my thoughts when I saw that pic from Swanson . Proper kick his granny type , Jim  Branagan esque.... bloody ideal !! 

Just now, Tormund said:

Bids rejected for Scott McKenna from QPR and Forest, good centre back. Wonder if we have looked?

Him or John Souttar would be decent for us. Think his value is around the £5m area with McKenna maybe closer to (north of?) £7m. Big money for SPL defenders. Ajer, Katic, Simunovic, Berra, McKenna and Souttar are all decent quality players and it wouldn't upset me if we were linked with some of them.

Looks like we're finally being linked with the types of CB we need. (I know McKenna wasn't linked)

Maybe we won't be disappointed come deadline day...

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Him or John Souttar would be decent for us. Think his value is around the £5m area with McKenna maybe closer to (north of?) £7m. Big money for SPL defenders. Ajer, Katic, Simunovic, Berra, McKenna and Souttar are all decent quality players and it wouldn't upset me if we were linked with some of them.

Looks like we're finally being linked with the types of CB we need. (I know McKenna wasn't linked)

Maybe we won't be disappointed come deadline day...

Definitely. You’d think if those two clubs were in for him then we would be?

Just now, TBTF said:

It just seems crazy that you could get a current Croatian international centre half for less than £2million when you look at some of the nonsense deals that go on . That’s a team with the likes of modric , rakatic etc so he’s not going to be crap . 

Current Crotian international is probably stretching the definition a little bit. Looks like he played 77 minutes for them in a game back in 2017, and got on for a single minute in June two games back. Didn't make the squad for any of the games in between the debut and second cap. Stayed on the bench for the last game. Technically, yes, current international, but still. Breaking in now, I guess.

Current Crotian international is probably stretching the definition a little bit. Looks like he played 77 minutes for them in a game back in 2017, and got on for a single minute in June two games back. Didn't make the squad for any of the games in between the debut and second cap. Stayed on the bench for the last game. Technically, yes, current international, but still. Breaking in now, I guess.

Still good enough for championship level surely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Bids rejected for Scott McKenna from QPR and Forest, good centre back. Wonder if we have looked?

The QPR and Forest bids were for £3 million according to the Scottish Sun. In the past they've rejected £3.5 million from Celtic, and a 'larger' offer from Villa.

Edit - christ, just read the full Scottish Sun article. A more recent Celtic bid of £5 million was also rejected last month (god knows why QPR and Forest thought they'd try 3 after that) and they're believed to value the player at £10 million!!! Dreamland for a young SPL defender surely.

Edited by bluebruce

Possibly mate yes but if he’d got 50 caps he’d probably be £25million .

lots of Europa games and captain of his club suggested bags of experience and know how . I paid little attention to it at the time but having had the stuff posted by Swanson I actually think this player could be a hell of a catch for us st the money .

wonder if Rich Sharpe has heard it?

• Like 1

Just now, TBTF said:

The Croatian league has been in political and economic chaos for a good while though, no clubs there are in a position to reject any decent offers. 

Just now, Tormund said:

Still good enough for championship level surely.

Wasn't doubting him on account of it, just saying it's a slight stretch to refer to him as a current Croatia international, even if it technically applies.

I said earlier, the profile sounds about right to me. If we got someone like him and Tosin too, I'd feel a lot more comfortable going into the season. Would prefer an LB as well, but don't think that'll happen. TM seems comfortable with his options of Bell, Williams (eww), Hart and Downing for that slot. Most of the rest of us aren't, but we don't decide.

• Like 1

Just now, Commondore said:

The Croatian league has been in political and economic chaos for a good while though, no clubs there are in a position to reject any decent offers. 

Sounds like a good place to make hay whilst the sun shines then!

Something just occurred to me though that makes me wonder about the veracity of the rumour. It sounds like our scouting 'network' has only really scoured Germany and Holland so far. Unless they're just the ones we've been thorough with. On the other hand, it's a very left-field link to be total balls.

21 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

What pees me off on this board is the obsession with  what a player cost . Too me this doesn't  matter i just want the Rovers too be competitive on the field of play . And if a player is going for silly money  its the way the game has gone . I'm more concerned  with Tony getting  players in to the club and giving us some hope

We don't have any silly money left, hence the "obsession" with what has already been splurged.

59 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

What's the point in access if he never does anything with it though!

Really can't think of one transfer story he's broke this summer. If he's keeping his powder dry, we must be in for a massive scoop in the next week. 

Did he break Maher? Regardless, if he gets told off record we've bid for Player A, publishes it and then another team gets Player A cos they've become aware of availability, what good is that for Rovers or the LET? For the sake of traffic and reads for one article, they lose access to Rovers. Not worth it. 

• Like 1

It seems that Skoric was rumoured heading to Besiktas back in May.

Not that I have any knowledge of either the Croat or Bormuth, I hope that we sign both, because we need defenders. Maybe we will get a new Samba, who knows. And hopefully we want pay too much money, IF they sign.

Just now, Commondore said:

Yep, my current village in Malta knocked out Hadjuk Split away 3-1 then came down to earth with a 4-0 thrashing in Latvia.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ugly bastard. Perfect! Won't be afraid to shove his face in front of a foot or get punched for being a git. Might be hoping for it, to accidentally improve his face!

28, which I tend to regard as a CB's typical peak. Couple of Croatia caps, captain of his side, who finished 3rd in the Croatian league. Hardy lot those Eastern Europeans. Tall enough without being a giant, at 6 ft 1 and a half according to Wiki. Shorter than Mulgrew but unlikely to be worse in the air. Profile sounds alright to me.

I watched the game where they played Rangers last year.  I thought at the time that both the CBs for Osijek looked decent.  No nonsense, physical 'kick your granny' types.  Would be happy with Skoric. Experienced but a few years left in the tank.  Cant imagine he will cost anywhere near £2 million either. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I watched the game where they played Rangers last year.  I thought at the time that both the CBs for Osijek looked decent.  No nonsense, physical 'kick your granny' types.  Would be happy with Skoric. Experienced but a few years left in the tank.  Cant imagine he will cost anywhere near £2 million either. 

Looks like a proper defender. Can head and likes a tackle

• Like 5

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Have we been linked? Looks like what we need! 

@TBTF  posted earlier that he had heard we were looking to sign him after this week's Euro League matches. At least seem like the type we need, not confirmed by the "official sources" so wait and see rumour. Fits the profile and market we should be looking at.

• Like 1